Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Alliance defeated Garrosh at the end of Mist.

Jaina asks Varian to destroy the horde => he must have the pôwer to do so.

Tension and drama when Varian walks towards the horde leader => confirms that he very well has the power to annihilate them

If the heroes who defeated Garrosh were on the Horde side how could Varian threaten to annihilae the Horde? How could Jaina tell Varian to pull the trigger with such mighty heroes present in the room ? After all the Champions of Azeroth are canonically even stronger than Varian himself

Quite clearly what Blizzard tried to tell us is that the Alliance did all the job in SoO and gave the Horde their freedom back, say thank you hordies

10+ Year Old Account
    it was a combined effort, but headcanons are always fun
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Combined effort also had you just allowed Thrall to squish Garrys brains out how many lives couldve been saved?

Yes it put in motion the end of the Legion but that wouldve came anyway and iam sure we would still been just as prepared after all if our shitty backwater planet could do it iam sure we couldve done it 6 months from then!

Its funny but had Varian just let Thrall perform the coup de grace he might still be alive!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bythelight View Post
    After all the Champions of Azeroth are canonically even stronger than Varian himself
    1. The Champions of Azeroth in Pandaria aren't near the power level of the champions in WoD and Legion
    2. Even then (now counting out the Empowerment of the Artifact) how is Varian weaker than the heroes? His weapon was on artifact level and in the gilneas aftermath you see Varian fighting with the endurance and power of Goldrinn. Wouldn't count that as weaker than the heroes in mists after all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrius View Post
    1. The Champions of Azeroth in Pandaria aren't near the power level of the champions in WoD and Legion
    2. Even then (now counting out the Empowerment of the Artifact) how is Varian weaker than the heroes? His weapon was on artifact level and in the gilneas aftermath you see Varian fighting with the endurance and power of Goldrinn. Wouldn't count that as weaker than the heroes in mists after all
    1. According to the the Lich King they're the best of the best so they're still above Varian.
    2. Odyn literally tells the Warrior PC that he is the strongest warrior there is, if Varian was the strongest he'd have been the one picked by Odyn to lead his Valarjars

10+ Year Old Account

Tension and drama when Varian walks towards the horde leader => confirms that he very well has the power to annihilate them

If the heroes who defeated Garrosh were on the Horde side how could Varian threaten to annihilae the Horde? How could Jaina tell Varian to pull the trigger with such mighty heroes present in the room ? After all the Champions of Azeroth are canonically even stronger than Varian himself

Quite clearly what Blizzard tried to tell us is that the Alliance did all the job in SoO and gave the Horde their freedom back, say thank you hordies
    I dont think players play an actual part in the lore. As in like for gameplay reasons we got to slay Onyxia, but in the story Varian actually did it. Or Tirion getting named the slayer of the lich king even though we did it. [*It IS hilarious though, how he says, "I must be forgotten!" and the first thing Tirion does is build a statue that shows everyone what happened XD]
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I brought this very topic up years ago. It didn't make sense then, and it still doesn't make much sense now.

Sylvanas is here, which means that her Val'kyr are more than likely present and ready to revive any Horde who fall in battle, as well as animate fallen soldiers.

Thrall, Baine, and Vol'jin are deadly warriors who can call upon spiritual powers to aid them.

and fifty orc grunts

VS

Varian, who's on even footing with Lor'Themar as the elite warrior

Jaina, who's just one wizard

and fifty Alliance warriors

Given the lineup, it really does not make sense for the cinematic to imply that the Alliance could have won right then and there. Oh yes, the Alliance forces certainly could've broken the Horde at Orgrimmar that day, but to say that Varian and Jaina would've won that specific fight in the Underhold is ludicrous.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-01-17 at 02:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I brought this very topic up when the cinematic came out years ago. It doesn't make much sense

Sylvanas is here, which means that her Val'kyr are more than likely present and ready to revive any Horde who fall in battle, as well as animate fallen soldiers.

Thrall, Baine, and Vol'jin are deadly warriors who can call upon spiritual powers to aid them.

and fifty orc grunts

VS

Varian, who's on even footing with Lor'Themar as the elite warrior

Jaina, who's just one wizard

and fifty Alliance warriors

Given the lineup, it really does not make sense for the cinematic to imply that the Alliance could have won right then and there. Oh yes, the Alliance forces certainly could've broken the Horde at Orgrimmar that day, but to say that Varian and Jaina would've won that specific fight in the Underhold is ludicrous.
    Well if you consider that the Alliance has 20+ of Azeroth's greatest champions ready to follow their King in battle I think it does make sense

Well if you consider that the Alliance has 20+ of Azeroth's greatest champions ready to follow their King in battle I think it does make sense
    Opposed to 20+ of the Hordes greatest champions!

Deleted
    1. According to the the Lich King they're the best of the best so they're still above Varian.
    2. Odyn literally tells the Warrior PC that he is the strongest warrior there is, if Varian was the strongest he'd have been the one picked by Odyn to lead his Valarjars
    1. Well, talking about taking something at face value. These are the trained champions of the Argent Tournament, ofc they are very strong, but do you really want to tell me, that because they are the "best", they were better in a 1v1 comparison than Varian, Thrall, Garrosh, Saurfang, etc.? The heroes were strong against the LK because they fight together.
    2. Yeah, besides the fact that a) Odyn searched for that AFTER the legion attacked and won at first b) Varian was already dead for some time at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Actually it was mudmug who defeated garrosh, we just never seen it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

Varian tried to be intimidating but he was well aware of the consequences of such an act. Jaina didn't care because she had the head deep into her emo rage during the entirety of MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Method killed him first, as Horde.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

people seems to forget that every soldier that garrosh lost in the war, also counts as a lost to the horde as a whole, by the point garrosh is defeated the horde´s army is kinda crippled, so the situation for the horde is dire, you have all the horde leaders trapped in a room with the Alliance, while the Alliance has the upper hand and this is all happening in the horde´s main city, you can see how Jaina was so confident about endind the horde right there

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    people seems to forget that every soldier that garrosh lost in the war, also counts as a lost to the horde as a whole, by the point garrosh is defeated the horde´s army is kinda crippled
    Not really. Most of Garrosh's lasting followers were all fresh additions to the Horde, orcs that joined it out of nowhere between TBC, Cata and MoP.

while the Alliance has the upper hand
    Literally nothing implied that.

you can see how Jaina was so confident about endind the horde right there
    The confidence of the Kirin Tor's leader mattered little. Varian was the one commanding the Alliance military and he didn't share that confidence at all.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-01-18 at 01:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    None of Siege of Orgrimmar makes sense. Where was the Horde navy to secure the blockade from the sea? Convenientely forgotten by Blizzard. The Alliance shouldn't have even have made it to shore.

Blizzard writers always apply the 'rule of cool' over common sense and logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    None of Siege of Orgrimmar makes sense. Where was the Horde navy to secure the blockade from the sea? Convenientely forgotten by Blizzard. The Alliance shouldn't have even have made it to shore.

Blizzard writers always apply the 'rule of cool' over common sense and logic.
    Wasn't Dalaran supposed to canonically be part of the assault and bombard Orgrimmar from the skies?

We weren't fighting "the Horde" when we took down Garrosh, we were fighting "The Iron Horde" only. Accordingly we didn't beat "The Horde" at all. We may have had a temporary tactical advantage what with being in their base setting up the bomb, but we walked away from it because "honor or we'll end you" and that kind of horseshit. Look where that ended up for Varian, the dumbass.

We weren't fighting "the Horde" when we took down Garrosh, we were fighting "The Iron Horde" only. Accordingly we didn't beat "The Horde" at all. We may have had a temporary tactical advantage what with being in their base setting up the bomb, but we walked away from it because "honor or we'll end you" and that kind of horseshit. Look where that ended up for Varian, the dumbass.
    You mean the True Horde. The Iron Horde came after that.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Defecting from a faction means you are no longer part of that faction. The Alliance won the war and defeated the horde. And horde defectors helped on the side.

You won't get any horde fans to admit it though.