Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

The Alliance is the evil faction.

the war is started with just a bunch of horde goblins peacefully minding their own business, with anduin and his chewbacca mentor tasking alliance players to kill goblins.

the horde is the more peaceful faction. we all already knew this tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    the war is started with just a bunch of horde goblins peacefully minding their own business, with anduin and his chewbacca mentor tasking alliance players to kill goblins.

You got me with "chewbacca mentor"

5+ Year Old Account
    Both sides have aggressive actions at different times.

The Alliance has, however, started the last two wars.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing good ever came from goblin mining. Ever.
    Especially when those greedy bastards are mining the lifeblood of azeroth.

Yeah, but Nathanos instructs Horde players to "make quick work" of any Alliance they find.

I haven't done the quests from the Alliance-side, yet, but from the Horde-side we're hunting down and killing spies -- which is an important distinction from repelling assorted Alliance-aligned military units. My opinion, of course, could be changed by actually doing the Alliance-side quests.

Deleted
    I'm happy the Allaince are the aggressors. If only to detract from the 'Horde is Evil' Idea. Though agressor isn't the same as evil.

Honestly I would love if rather than Slyvannas being the final raid boss of BfA we got like a raid of the anti-Horde Allaince ie Genn and the sky admiral women lady trying to utilise Old God magic in some way to wipe out the Horde.

Bait thread is bait. I rate 0/8.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Free Samples
    Collect 8 Mysterious Ore samples.

Description
    The crown has ordered SI:7 to infiltrate the goblin mining operation and collect any information we can find on this mysterious new substance. My agents have infiltrated the camp, but the clock is ticking and we need to get our hands on some extracted ore samples fast. In other words, I need someone who can take the direct approach. Someone who can handle a fight against overwhelming odds and come out alive. Take the ore samples to Khargus Stonemantle for analysis when you return.

murder and stole, in the goblin culture the stole is at the same level as murder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    You got me with "chewbacca mentor"
    It took me a second to work out what he was on about.

I really wish now that Worgen couldn't speak, just roar and make Wookie noises

10+ Year Old Account
    Pppppfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. You wish.
    Varian spared the horde back in Orgrimmar, and even then, when he died, it was due to horde's incompetence and everyone was like "LOL glad he died!!" even if he was the sole responsible for your disastrous bandwagon of a faction to be still standing.
    Alliance and horde united forces against the Legion, and as soon as Sargeras was done for, the horde immediately went to grab the powerful new element in Silithus. Why would someone go and grab something capable of immense power if the only other superfaction in the world is more or less your ally? Maybe because you're gonna use it against them and backstab the shit out of them, like it happened during MoP with the Divine Bell (or any other occasion when Alliance tried to be friends and got disappointed).

So if anything, Alliance really SHOULD become the evil faction, because at this point it's the naive one. Luckily Genn seems fed up enough with the BS and we'll see some interesting turns of events in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    I haven't done the quests from the Alliance-side, yet, but from the Horde-side we're hunting down and killing spies -- which is an important distinction from repelling assorted Alliance-aligned military units. My opinion, of course, could be changed by actually doing the Alliance-side quests.
    Free Samples

Description
    The crown has ordered SI:7 to infiltrate the goblin mining operation and collect any information we can find on this mysterious new substance. My agents have infiltrated the camp, but the clock is ticking and we need to get our hands on some extracted ore samples fast. In other words, I need someone who can take the direct approach. Someone who can handle a fight against overwhelming odds and come out alive. Take the ore samples to Khargus Stonemantle for analysis when you return.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Free Samples

Description
    Interesting. It doesn't bother me that this is how the conflict starts, as it's relatable to how upstart world powers have behaved in the past (in the real world).

You're not directly tasked to kill goblins. It just happens to be the only way to achieve your goal.

The war isn't on yet. This is just the prelude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head

Several things are wrong here.

1. The Horde wanted to use the Azerite to destroy the Alliance and the only tried to get it to prevent it, or to fight back. Not to mention the Horde did the same on Draenor. The Alliance was digging for a relic which they could use against the Iron Horde, but the Horde, thinking the Alliance are warmongers like themselves, assumed the Alliance intended to use it against them and attacked them. Hence why we had the battleground Ashran.
    2. The war is started by Teldrassil being burned, which is the Horde's action.
    3. The Horde is warmongers, always the agressors, the Alliance is the peaseful faction, always the defenders.
    You really need to learn your Lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Both sides have aggressive actions at different times.

The Alliance has, however, started the last two wars.
    Wrong!
    The Horde started the last 2 wars, and all those before. The Horde is aways the agressors!
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2018-01-18 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    The Horde getting the titan blood is as good as North Korea getting super nukes a few generations ahead of everyone else. The weapons of mass destruction that the Lich Queen can make with this new resource would be a thousand times worse than the Mana Bomb. For the sake of all Azeroth itself the Lich Queen has to be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    and even then, when he died, it was due to horde's incompetence
    Seeing as the reason the Horde and Alliance walked into the trap that was the Broken Shore, was because a dreadlord captured and replaced Shaw, and then leaked false information to both factions, I'd say Varians' death was way more due to Alliance incompetence than it was the Hordes' fault. But sure, let us go with the "Horde retreated, therefore they killed Varian" narrative, while completely ignoring the fact that everyone present would likely have died had the Horde not sounded the retreat.

It's alright to prefer one faction over the other, but you should maybe tone down your bias-fueled rage, because it's preventing you from seeing the whole picture.

Why would someone go and grab something capable of immense power if the only other superfaction in the world is more or less your ally?
    Allies usually don't attack each other, but I guess we're ignoring Greymane attacking the forsaken fleet in Stormheim right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post

1. The Horde wanted to use the Azerite to destroy the Alliance and the only tried to get it to prevent it, or to fight back. Not to mention the Horde did the same on Draenor. The Alliance was digging for a relic which they could use against the Iron Horde, but the Horde, thinking the Alliance are warmongers like themselves, assumed the Alliance intended to use it against them and attacked them. Hence why we had the battleground Ashran.
    3. The Horde is warmongers, always the agressors, the Alliance is the peaseful faction, always the defenders.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong!
    The Horde started the last 2 wars, and all those before. The Horde is aways the agressors!
    Admiral Proudmoore has some things to say about it! the elves of the night in quelthalas also

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post

It's United you are responding to. He takes the whole "faction pride" BS to a whole new level. He's more of a Horde fanboy than Blizzard themselves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pppppfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. You wish.
    Varian spared the horde back in Orgrimmar, and even then, when he died, it was due to horde's incompetence and everyone was like "LOL glad he died!!" even if he was the sole responsible for your disastrous bandwagon of a faction to be still standing.
    its hilarious you talk about "incompetence" yet the alliance didnt even manage to bring their own archers to cover the skies for them.
    "COVER ME SYLVANAAAS!"

besides, the the entire broken shore scenario was a death trap set by the legion, no one was supposed to be still alive.
    if it wasnt for the horde retreating, the alliance wouldnt have gone back either, and everyone would get crushed by that massive fel reaver gul'dan summoned.

Formerly known as Arafal