Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

FBI/Mueller now investigating NRA for money laundering from Russa to Trump Campaign

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...z&ocid=DELLDHP

The FBI's Russia investigation has new targets in its sights, a Moscow banker and his friends at the NRA, according to a report.

Investigators are looking into whether Alexander Torshin, a deputy at Rusia's central bank, illegally sent money to the National Rifle Association to support the election of President Trum, McClatchy reported on Thursday.

I was wondering how long it would take before the investigation started uncovering avenues of investigation beyond the campaign/administration.

I'm going to need to stock up on some popcorn for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Just proof that shadow president Obama was coming for their guns all along
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Just proof that shadow president Obama was coming for their guns all along
    Except for the ones that his administration sold across the border and ended up in the hands of terrorists.

Cheers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Except for the ones that his administration sold across the border and ended up in the hands of terrorists.

Cheers
    You might want to re-read your older conspiracy theories, you're getting those wrong too.

I mean not surprising. The NRA is nothing but a propaganda wing of the GOP anyways so if the investigation is going to be focusing on money laundering activities, it's not a bad place to look at. Then with the fear and violence mongering they've been doing since the investigation got going.....

If they come up clean, great. If they come up dirty, let them fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a minor quibble especially given the confusing way the article is written but I don't believe the investigation is actually for money laundering but rather foreign agents (people/companies) funding campaign contributions for US candidates.

I don't *think* that falls under the umbrella of money laundering but rather more along the line of campaign finance rule breaking.

Could be wrong though.

EDIT -- Oopsy -- I forgot to say that I think this is something that goes on a lot and people on both sides of the political game would likely be horrified at how much foreign money pours into our elections.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Obama and his DoJ didn’t sell weapons to cartels in Mexico that resulted in at least one border agent being murdered? Next you’re going to tell me Clinton, Rice and Obama didn’t blame Benghazi on a YouTube video. Do you think it’s Alex Jones or Martians implanting these false memories.
    The truth is A LOT more complicated, but I suspect you know that and are just being disingenuous.

There are a whole lot of things that happened with Fast and Furious, and interestingly, NONE of them were the DoJ selling weapons to cartels.

15+ Year Old Account
    Obama and his DoJ didn’t sell weapons to cartels in Mexico that resulted in at least one border agent being murdered? Next you’re going to tell me Clinton, Rice and Obama didn’t blame Benghazi on a YouTube video. Do you think it’s Alex Jones or Martians implanting these false memories.
    Since it was being done by DOJs that predate the Obama Administration for decades, yeah. But let's keep punching at our own law enforcement agencies for trying to stem the tide of organized crime and drug trafficking because liberal.

I doubt there is anyone on this thread who is a bigger supporter of gun rights than I am. That being said, the NRA has turned into a mockery of its former self. Their NRATV was abysmal. It was nothing more than a pro-Trump propaganda piece for months, and it was pathetic. I get it, Hillary doesn't like guns, hit her on that. They were talking about all sorts of crap in their videos, and it turned more into a constant hit piece on all things politics and religion. On top of that, I hate lobbyists.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Who wants to bet the NRA will use this to trigger a new gun panic to bolster sagging sales now that people are not afraid the government is coming for their guns any more?
    I'm sure it will be hard to bill "the government is coming for your guns" atm, but I believe in them, I really do. They did it well for 8 years with Obama, so doing it on a harder difficulty for their base is going to be difficult, but they got this!

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I'm sure it will be hard to bill "the government is coming for your guns" atm, but I believe in them, I really do. They did it well for 8 years with Obama, so doing it on a harder difficulty for their base is going to be difficult, but they got this!
    Just wait for a possible Trump indictment, even for obstruction. It'll be "Obama/Clinton/MSM's shadow government coming to take Trump and all your guns away. We need to prepare for revolution!"

I work in a call center and hear this shit enough as is from crazy ass customers.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Just wait for a possible Trump indictment, even for obstruction. It'll be "Obama/Clinton/MSM's shadow government coming to take Trump and all your guns away. We need to prepare for revolution!"
    Booo, don't lower the difficulty. That is boring, people watch these things to see people do difficult shit!

Booo, don't lower the difficulty. That is boring, people watch these things to see people do difficult shit!
    it's just scary to me because I hear it all the time. I work for Comcast technical support (due to it being one of the only jobs I can do with a disability) and it's not uncommon to have to report calls and fill out forms because some crazy old guy calls in to get something fixed while listening to the radio and threatens to introduce his local office to his shotgun over some conspiracy he's listening to.

The second there's an indictment, the NRA is going to be fanning that shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, cool. So I won’t see a post from you condemning “law enforcement” when they execute massive ICE raids in Northern California in the coming weeks. Or the next time some armed criminal resists arrest and they put 2 in his chest. I’m looking forward to this new Daelak.
    I don't condemn them, I condemn the conservative braintrust that believes deportation and "tough on immigration" rhetoric actually helps our national security and our economy, when reality shows otherwise. It's merely using our LEOs to persist a nativist ideological plank to assuage insecure rural white voters.

Mueller goes anywhere near the NRA he'd better not drive past any book repositories in Dallas. Those crazies won't tolerate anything even whiffs of an existential threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    1776 will commence again1!1! (Ironically under a republican president)
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

15+ Year Old Account
    Got it. Enforcing borders and immigration law is racist.
    It's technically impossible and has all the trimmings of a boon-doggle if it is attempted, like what happened when he Bush Administration urgently hired thousands of border officers, which of course brought in unprecedented levels of corruption, lower morale, and even higher turnover rates.

The fact is that border enforcement in conjunction with ICE work better when they only go after violent criminal and drug cartel related elements in the country, not some ideological call to arms against all immigrants. The vast, vast, vast majority of immigrants in this country, illegal or otherwise, are productive and benefit our national security by leaving their homelands, so their tax base and local talent is weaker, giving us absolute advantage in economics and population growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Since it was being done by DOJs that predate the Obama Administration for decades, yeah. But let's keep punching at our own law enforcement agencies for trying to stem the tide of organized crime and drug trafficking because liberal.
    Silly libtard.

The earth is 9 years old, their was no Pre Obama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lordy. If Trump AND The NRA end up going down over the Russian election meddling, I don't know what the fuck I'll do.
    Eat yo vegetables