Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arrez View Post
    You do know that dungeons and dragons isn't the only rpg, ya?
    The whole "rpg elements" debate is tired and super irrelevant
    So now we're going from "It's a RPG!" to "These RPG elements are irrelevant, but these are relevant!". You either argue that it is a RPG or that it isn't. If it is, then it needs to have the most basic RPG standards fulfilled besides a time-consuming leveling experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW has never been and never will be close to a "Korean grind game." Even in Vanilla it wasn't that bad save a few awkward levels. Yes, its more tedious than before. Its not "take 2-3 minutes per mob" level, though. The fact that I can walk into a zone and get "discovery" experience or experience from quests means WoW will never be that bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    becuase its an RPG, if you want to play a game that is only entry level raiding and up then I'm sure theres something out there for you but perhaps wow isnt it
    The problem is, if WoW wants to be a "RPG", then it's a terribly outdated one. The graphics are dated, there are no voiceovers, close to zero cinematics (especially pre-Pandaria), you basically end up doing exactly the same thing for 110 levels. Just take a look at actual modern RPGs like Skyrim or Witcher 3 and see why WoW should never try to be a RPG in its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    The problem is, if WoW wants to be a "RPG", then it's a terribly outdated one. The graphics are dated, there are no voiceovers, close to zero cinematics (especially pre-Pandaria), you basically end up doing exactly the same thing for 110 levels. Just take a look at actual modern RPGs like Skyrim or Witcher 3 and see why WoW should never try to be a RPG in its current state.
    Apparently a long and time-consuming leveling experience is all that matters in a RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You have never played a Korean grind game have you?

Any way I haven’t started yet as I’m waiting for allied races I’m looking forward to it as I enjoyed leveling but hated one shooting every thing and out leveling the zones I wanted to see the story of.
    if you havent started yet, how can you know what it feels like now?

Nope, still going. I'll get those Mage Tower skins even if it's the death of me!

i have not given up yet, i am enjoying this new challenging game

I queued as tank in arms spec for the isnta queue to see how it would be, pretty fun stuff!

I'm really glad we have the quality posters here at MMO-C 4 pages and 2 hours later still yelling at the OP who hasn't made a post beyond the first one about what consititutes a grindy Korean MMO.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    For those of you who not only enjoy playing alts BUT also gave 7.3.5 a go, are you still going strong?

@44 I gave up, just can't take it any more ..

While afk LFG leveling isn't fun either, what we have now feels like a Korean grind game ..
    Wut..? Games like Fiesta ( when I played it ) you could only level through killing mobs. You could queue for a big scenario every few hours, i think only once each time, and that was worth okay exp... otherwise it was hours of grinding white mobs. I got to 35? 40? It was too much lol. Woww isnt anywhere close to what you compared it to. Those games are known for literally only killing mobs for hundreds of hours.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    if you havent started yet, how can you know what it feels like now?
    I jumped on some of my mid level toons and tried it out. I like it though I wish mobs hit harder a elite only half killed my warlocks void walker at around 40. I have every class at 100 or higher already and abunch half way as when I try to level new toons it was to easy and I out leveled all the zones so I normally gave up around 40-60 as one shorting every thing is boring even when leveling with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    So now we're going from "It's a RPG!" to "These RPG elements are irrelevant, but these are relevant!". You either argue that it is a RPG or that it isn't. If it is, then it needs to have the most basic RPG standards fulfilled besides a time-consuming leveling experience.
    There's a story that you play through.
    You pick your role (class/faction) and play that.
    from wikipedia
    A role-playing video game (commonly referred to as role-playing game or RPG, as well as computer role-playing game or CRPG) is a video game genre where the player controls the actions of a character (and/or several party members) immersed in some well-defined world. Many role-playing video games have origins in tabletop role-playing games[1] (Including Dungeons & Dragons) and use much of the same terminology, settings and game mechanics. Other major similarities with pen-and-paper games include developed story-telling and narrative elements, player character development, complexity, as well as replayability and immersion.
    WoW is still 100% an RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    lmao, ok dude.

Deleted
    Skyrim and Witcher in the same sentence lol, Skyrim is pure shit and TESO how is doing? xD rofl

lol, heirloom snobs. Funny

Why would I even bother until allied races are in? I mean if you like levelling so much good for you enjoy. I don't.

Have not started, neither will I. Done the old content so many times now, cant be bothered to do the same thing again.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you who not only enjoy playing alts BUT also gave 7.3.5 a go, are you still going strong?

While afk LFG leveling isn't fun either, what we have now feels like a Korean grind game ..
    Going strong, feels nicer than sprint and stab all the time. And you haven't even tried a korean game where grinding is dominant yet if you think this feels like it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Skyrim and Witcher in the same sentence lol, Skyrim is pure shit and TESO how is doing? xD rofl
    Skyrim is a 6 years old game that still manages to provide good RPG experience. You can't say that about WOW leveling.

WoW excels at completely different things such as raiding, nowadays also dungeons. You should not bring out a rotten corpse out of a coffin and try to dress it up as something it isn't.

At least newer questing content has some more appeal to it. In 2016 Blizzard learned of something called voiceovers during quests.
    Last edited by mmoc8092ded8e4; 2018-01-18 at 06:59 PM.

sweet child of summer.... if you wish to understand that which you seem to believe to have experienced... runescape offers ironman challenge mode where you can attempt to reach 99 rank in your skills entirely thruogh utilizing your own actions with no interaction with other players. This may help you understand just what a grind sort of is like....

What percentage of players will not give Classic WoW a try now?

10+ Year Old Account
    *looks at date*

Are people really burning out three days in?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab