Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I actually thought the exact opposite. The whole storyline so far has been pretty terrible, no explanation of why I care about this Azerite or why I should be bothered by Alliance getting it, terrible setup of BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I actually thought the exact opposite. The whole storyline so far has been pretty terrible, no explanation of why I care about this Azerite or why I should be bothered by Alliance getting it, terrible setup of BfA.
    It's likely a small amount of Azerite burns Teldrassil to the ground. So they're basically nuclear weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    You missed the word second. The War of the Shifting Sands is one of the great conflicts of Azeroth that shaped many zones and created several story archs. To not have a Nightelf deliver the Azerite in that video was simply a slap in the face to all non-human members of the Alliance. If they left out Gallywix and had Nathanos deliver the Azerite to Sylvanas, would that have made the cinematic better or worse? Yes, exactly. Much worse.
    If you are talking about Cenarion Hold and things like that take note that was a neutral hub and not a ally-nelf hub and it was destroyed by a huge sword anyway, along with everything around Silithus. Shaw is the leader of alliance spies, after all and has an awesome mustache, what's wrong with him?

Regarding the cinematics : overall they were great and very expresive, but with a lot of flaws that were hard to ignore.

Horde was really good, Sylvanas , Baine , Saurfang ... perfect and Gallywix is 100% how you would expect. Sadly it starts with Baine speech with was not just pointless but also stupid: " Yeah, we big bad horde went there and destroyed Burning Legion, Horde rules! Horde, Horde, Horde! " you did nothing lier cow. Horde (and Alliance) just hit /afk after Broken Shore and let Order Halls do everything. Still good overall.

Alliance however: Starts with another burnt out "Lets make Alliance great again" speech ,but ... yeah that's Alliance, I ignored it. Greatest advantages here were Greymane and Shaw's mustache. That part when Andiun get the ore is just weird, in fact Anduin make the Cinematic worse by just being present.
    Anduin: I should take it , what if it is a sharp thing? That's not dangerous?
    Genn: Take it, idiot!
    And why Valen and Turalyon are not there?

Im glad she is acting the way she is. It's called character development.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    ? It all made sense to me. Anduin was just making the kind of speech that's expected of kings from time to time. I did not hear him say anything boasting about his own heroics; on the contrary he spoke about honoring the heroes who won the war. As for Sylvanas sitting there brooding, isn't that what she does all the time? You were expecting her to be laughing and dancing?

I agree they could have mentioned the order halls, but oh well no biggie.

They all knew about the sword; it's the azerite - the blood of Azeroth seeping from the wound - that is a new discovery.
    Both factions are boasting/toasting as if "their faction" beat the Legion when it was the order class halls across both factions that beat the legion. The factions were off doing side missions unrelated to the legion. Greymane was off fighting Sylvanas's undead. Anduin was moping over the loss of his dad in SW. But to hear him tell it "we" beat the legion, as if it was an "alliance" victory, when it wasn't. And Tyrande was off chasing down Xavius to rescue Malfurion before helping liberate Suramar.

And just like the Sword is huge and visible from miles away, so to is the azerite, since it glows and is all around the impact site. That isn't something you need "spies" to see. You can see it a mile away.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2018-01-18 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    Christie Golden is PURE EVIL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Yes, and Im lovin it!

Id rather have Sylvanas who doesnt fake her intentions and is just herself, than Genn who hides behind "For the Alliance" but all he cares about is his personal vendetta against Sylvanas. Notice how in BfA cinematic he says "we have HER cornered" not THEM as in the horde.
    Just like how in the cinematic she faked *For the Horde* because she knew it would manipulate the Horde to fight for her Undercity.

Blizz has always been THE BEST at doing them as far as I can tell.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    I liked how they are expressive in this cinematics, it gives a lot more life to the history.
    Art team/ cinematic team def have come a long way, remember the wrath gate facials? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's likely a small amount of Azerite burns Teldrassil to the ground. So they're basically nuclear weapons.
    Yeah, but so far we have seen little pieces of KappaPride rock exchanging hands and getting theatrical looks and "This will change EVERYTHING" lines. Why? What makes it so important or awesome? Magni hints that it has some power, but it seems we are the only ones not having a clue what kind of power. For now, it's just pretty rocks that we are going to war over.

Yeah, but so far we have seen little pieces of KappaPride rock exchanging hands and getting theatrical looks and "This will change EVERYTHING" lines. Why? What makes it so important or awesome? Magni hints that it has some power, but it seems we are the only ones not having a clue what kind of power. For now, it's just pretty rocks that we are going to war over.
    Well...is not like they haven't gone out at each other for resources before, but since is comes from the Titan herself.No doubt it contains power and its not something you want your enemy to have.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

We know exactly what it is, where its power comes from and what kind of power it is.
    It's literally the blood of Azeroth. You know, the titan. Titan blood = a lot of arcane stuff.
    The last time anyone had access to something like this, they built a vast empire and caused the Sundering.

What isn't clear about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    We know exactly what it is, where its power comes from and what kind of power it is.
    It's literally the blood of Azeroth. You know, the titan. Titan blood = a lot of arcane stuff.
    The last time anyone had access to something like this, they built a vast empire and caused the Sundering.

What isn't clear about it?
    Which is what we know from Blizzcon, basically. Don't know how you came to the conclusion that titan blood = lots of arcane stuff, but k. My point was that, to my knowledge, it hasn't been really explained in the game, and the cinematics were the perfect place to do so.

Don't know how you came to the conclusion that titan blood = lots of arcane stuff
    Titans are beings of arcane. Huge, immensely powerful beings of arcane. Of course their blood is filled with it.
    Remember the other "wound" in the world? The one the night elves used to conquer half of Kalimdor and then make it explode in 4 pieces?

it hasn't been really explained in the game
    The cinematics stablished that it was very powerful, Magni told us it was the blood of a titan. What hasn't been explained?

Quote Originally Posted by FurryRedVixen View Post
    thats a good question, how much time has passed from when they fled argus to now? There is a ton of.. time issues here. With Turalyon or what not saying hes been fighting the legion for life times, and how things seem new or not yet proceeding in corruption in the areas of argus.
    Time works "Differently" on Argus-it's been a long time for Turalyon (vs the Legion) but it isn't that long for us.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Art team/ cinematic team def have come a long way, remember the wrath gate facials? lol
    I somehow wish they went back and redid the older in-game cinematics with the new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Mathias Shaw didn't betray the Alliance in Legion to my recollection, he was abducted and impersonated right?

The negligence of Shaw and his recon team caused huge amounts of people to die including Anduin's father. During his capture, Anduin was sure it was Shaw who was feeding him information that could have caused much more conflict, something Anduin hated.

Anduin is young but I believe it would be difficult for anyone to rebuild absolute trust in the Si:7 division, much less the impersonated leader over such a short period of time when he comes and says there is a problem in Kalimdor.

A war between the alliance & horde at that time would have been catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post

The cinematics stablished that it was very powerful, Magni told us it was the blood of a titan. What hasn't been explained?
    Those are pretty vague concepts. It's like showing C4 to a kid and expecting it to believe that it has immense power without demonstrating it. It does nothing, it's sort of just a plastic matter, you can do pretty much whatever you want with it, and the power doesn't show itself. My inner roleplayer just has a hard time understanding that I want Azerite or that Azerite in the hands of the opposing faction means destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    I somehow wish they went back and redid the older in-game cinematics with the new models.
    Why? Barely anyone sees them anymore, especially the Wrathgate one.

Gallywix: Sylvanas, come to another room, I want to show you my staff.
    Sylvanas strokes Gallywixs staff: This changes everything.