Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    For those of you who not only enjoy playing alts BUT also gave 7.3.5 a go, are you still going strong?

@44 I gave up, just can't take it any more ..

While afk LFG leveling isn't fun either, what we have now feels like a Korean grind game ..
    Yea....no.

You've obviously never played a korean mmo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    LOL. OP would go crazy in BDO. In upper 50s, you kill a whole wad of mobs and get like 0.02 percent of level. (and that's in a game that's had the xp gain buffed I think for North America)
    Shit, even Aion which is a more westernized korean mmo(at release, not now), once you reached a certain level you basically grinded elites one at a time via kiting, each mob would take like 5+ minutes to kill to give less than half a % of exp.

OP has no idea

I know for sure I will not level anything from scratch until next expansion so this patch leveling change doesn't affect me. I've leveled enough toons for this expansion and last one. Anything below lvl 100 I definitely do not touch.

The problem isn't the speed or the difficulty. It is that it is now part of Current WoW. Any time spent leveling in current WoW is a waste, because the game is only about endgame. Gear is meaningless, items meaningless, gold meaningless, the only aspect with value is gameplay experience. Unfortunately, since Blizz has pushed so hard to focus on endgame, much of the playerbase no longer cares about the lore, storylines, drama... and therefore that reason isn't adequate to offset the time investment.

Classic on the other hand, will return all of the value to slow leveling... and people will savor the experience. Blizz is highly overestimating the draw of playing these new subraces... they are basically character transmogs with no actual value for much of the current WoW playerbase, who again, have been funneled into an endgame meta.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    This is just embarrassing at this point.

As if we needed further proof, the WoW community has solidified itself as the most entitled community out there. Congratulations.
    The best part is knowing at least half of these people complaining about the xp changes are the same ones who are like OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT FOR CLASSIC SERVERS HAHA RETAIL IS TRASH VANILLA WOW DA BESS

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    checked your /played please and get back to me
    also do you remember what level you were exiting the DK starting zone?
    fianally got through the lfrs, was horrible but thats another subject, as for my /played on my dk

huh 8 hrs 10 mins 22 secs, felt longer, guess ur right, just feels longer coz im used to speed levelling, i intend to finish levelling but not with the current hp scaling of pandaria mobs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    For those of you who not only enjoy playing alts BUT also gave 7.3.5 a go, are you still going strong?

@44 I gave up, just can't take it any more ..

While afk LFG leveling isn't fun either, what we have now feels like a Korean grind game ..
    No, I didn't give up. I'm up to almost 20 110s and my new mage is working just fine. I actually find it pretty damn cool that the zones stay relevant with her. Last toon I leveled, I abandoned more quests than I finished because they went grey so often.

And I'm sorry but if you think WoW feels like a 'Korean grind game' then clearly, you have never actually played one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    blizzard are masters of rehasing content clearly - if people are satisfied with 8 year old content that brings nothing new to game besides boring tedious grind kudos for blizzard - they mastered the art of selling any shit they want and people thanking them for it

rehashed leveling

rehashed old raid

next will be rehashed old dungeons in mythic +

because why make new content when you can rehash old shit infinetly ? why bother.

im calling it now 8.0 will be last expansion and then it will be race to what next scaling shit they can release.
    They've been scaling content since Wrath (Onyxia80), and yet... here we are 4 expansions later, 5 if you count BFA.

Hyperbolic poster is hyperbolic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I'm actually having a lot of fun with the new leveling. I was first just going to give it a go for a bit then wait for allied races but I'm having too much fun and just keep going. Hell, last night me and a random person were struggling and actually grouped up for basically half the zone and at the end we added each other as friends and I haven't done that in years (from questing anyways). Isn't that what people were bitching about? Muh community or whatever? I mean that's kind of a plus isn't it?

Other than that its not that bad. Granted I'm not at 44 but finishing up the entire Tirisfal and Silverpine quest lines was refreshing.
    I actually got to do every quest in Elwynn for the first time in... years! Its probably nostalgia talking but Elwynn quests are some of my favorite in any game. That music, those silly 'more work! Wut is it?' guys that carry logs, etc. Brings back so many memories.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I actually got to do every quest in Elwynn for the first time in... years! Its probably nostalgia talking but Elwynn quests are some of my favorite in any game. That music, those silly 'more work! Wut is it?' guys that carry logs, etc. Brings back so many memories.
    My next will probably be through Dun Morogh to quest through it all. That's my nostalgia zone

I started leveling a Tauren paladin but I quit because I realized I was going to have to do it all again when allied races came out.

Ive done a lot of levelling alts - including picking up my US account after not playing it since WOD (so no characters on that account had any progress toward pathfinder, or even world quests unlocked so couldn't even do invasions for quick exp), getting my lock to 110 and completing pathfinder part 2 in just over three weeks.... 100-110 in just 2 days. But that was before 7.3.5 so it will be interesting to level some of my other alts. I have many left to get to 110 but I just dont regularly play as often as I used to and just keeping up with emissary quests is a challenge - wont be able to manage many more.

I will have a go over the next few weeks though - and very interested to see the difference. I suspect it wont actually take much longer than before - but I will see I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    The problem isn't the speed or the difficulty. It is that it is now part of Current WoW. Any time spent leveling in current WoW is a waste, because the game is only about endgame. Gear is meaningless, items meaningless, gold meaningless, the only aspect with value is gameplay experience. Unfortunately, since Blizz has pushed so hard to focus on endgame, much of the playerbase no longer cares about the lore, storylines, drama... and therefore that reason isn't adequate to offset the time investment.

Classic on the other hand, will return all of the value to slow leveling... and people will savor the experience. Blizz is highly overestimating the draw of playing these new subraces... they are basically character transmogs with no actual value for much of the current WoW playerbase, who again, have been funneled into an endgame meta.
    I wholeheartedly disagree. Classic was about the endgame as the Legion is about the endgame. Or both aren't? Perhaps each person defines what is meaningful or -less for themselves.

I lvled from 88 to 100 yesterday in a party with new lvling system. Was awfull, slow and bored and for times i just want to alt+f4 and change to my main or to another game. The experience was ike AoE things into oblivion for minutes before looting.
    We tried to do dungeons, feel like mythic+, and was our last try. Waste of time (40+ minutes, hitting like wet noodles). We arent going to try any other dungeon until 110.
    And i am not going to level up any allied races in this broken system.

And the reasons of increasing HP in mobs is???
    Blizzard take this decision in a unilateral way. They nerf the fun to obtain leggos (they increased the requierements), then they increased the xp to lvl up and now mobs have more health.
    Can i ask WHY??
    or is because the shitty Cata design team is in charge, taking awfull decision AGAIN?
    Hammer of salt
    Taking away seals, utility blessings and auras is like taking away totems from shamans, or stealth from rogues

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I'm really glad we have the quality posters here at MMO-C 4 pages and 2 hours later still yelling at the OP who hasn't made a post beyond the first one about what consititutes a grindy Korean MMO.
    Lol! I see your point.

I gotta say this thread has accomplished 2 things for me:
    1. I've never played a Korean grind game but I'm deathly scared now to even try.
    2. And poor OP lol! Getting smashed to bits out here
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    fianally got through the lfrs, was horrible but thats another subject, as for my /played on my dk

huh 8 hrs 10 mins 22 secs, felt longer, guess ur right, just feels longer coz im used to speed levelling, i intend to finish levelling but not with the current hp scaling of pandaria mobs
    there you go, you are used to 1 shotting mobs, so overall mobs are taking longer, but your killing less mobs to level

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Lol! I see your point.

I gotta say this thread has accomplished 2 things for me:
    1. I've never played a Korean grind game but I'm deathly scared now to even try.
    2. And poor OP lol! Getting smashed to bits out here
    Look up maplestory, its free to play and is the ultimate showoff of what a korean MMO is
    die, you lose exp and awhile back could even lose levels (like when it first came out)
    has 255 levels and has since launch
    super animu
    and well imagin if in wow, enchanting had a chance to fail
    and had an very small chance to "SUPER FAIL" destroying your item.
    worked super hard to get that legendary? lol hope it doesent super fail... or you could pay us 2$ to make sure that enchant, if it super fails, doesent break the item.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by solfolango View Post
    I wholeheartedly disagree. Classic was about the endgame as the Legion is about the endgame. Or both aren't? Perhaps each person defines what is meaningful or -less for themselves.
    Sorry. Classic was about the entire game... leveling, crafting, professions, amassing wealth, and yes engame were all part of the game.

Current WoW is now 100% about dungeons and raids.

Deleted
    Leveled to 60 and finally used my Legion boost. It taking long wasn't the problem, but it being so boring. Giving mobs more health didn't fix anything. It just made me hit 123 123 123 couple times more. Mobs still did no damage.

They really need to give mobs more abilities and effects.. Flash bangs which disorients you if you don't look away, ground effects like fire, stuns and interrupts. That and mobs doing more damage would actually keep me active while leveling. Now I was just smashing 123 123 123 over and over again. Also world events in areas, world quests and such wouldn't hurt, maybe even Bonus Objectives.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from FFXI, they could have made it take 3 times as long and it would still feel fast to me. I'm really glad WoW wasn't my first MMO. I would probably feel the same as a lot of you guys who constantly feel impatient in regards to leveling. I feel bad for them. It's a terrible feeling to not enjoy what you're doing because you can't stop and have a good time with what you're doing at the moment. I know the feeling, although not in regards to gaming necessarily, and it sucks. I'm just old with a couple of kids and no longer in a rush to get through or do anything in general. I've really learned to enjoy the slow road. Unless I'm hittin the canyons in my rice rocket

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    blizzard are masters of rehasing content clearly - if people are satisfied with 8 year old content that brings nothing new to game besides boring tedious grind kudos for blizzard - they mastered the art of selling any shit they want and people thanking them for it

rehashed leveling

rehashed old raid

next will be rehashed old dungeons in mythic +

because why make new content when you can rehash old shit infinetly ? why bother.

im calling it now 8.0 will be last expansion and then it will be race to what next scaling shit they can release.
    Why not use assets already in game?
    Lol.

It's wasteful to not utilize all the content that's already there, bubba.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry. Classic was about the entire game... leveling, crafting, professions, amassing wealth, and yes engame were all part of the game.

Current WoW is now 100% about dungeons and raids.
    trying so hard to fluff the resume you listed crafting twice, and added gold making. el oh el

7+ Year Old Account
    leveling a feral druid and having a hell of a lot of fun. also leveling a paladin tank and its nice to see mechanics in low level shit agian. so yeah im having fun. .pally is ar 40 and drood is at 25 adn its onle been a few days. so its all god to me mates.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by arrez View Post

trying so hard to fluff the resume you listed crafting twice, and added gold making. el oh el
    Not all professions are crafting. Secondary professions like first aid and cooking were very important to raiding. Gathering proffs too were integral in providing the economy with materials.

Crafting I separated out because of how there were recipes that were very useful to craft and often very appealing to have... From low level up... not just for leveling and endgame but PvP.

Goldmaking was important when mounts were hard to come by... and repairs were costly, and respects were expensive, and the economy was an integral part of the game.

If you think it's padding... good for you... just goes to show how sad the game is now that the breadth of the game from Classic thru WotLK isn't recognized. It's a pitiful, useless pile of garbage today... and was a MUCH more rewarding, enjoyable game "back in the day".

Not all professions are crafting. Secondary professions like first aid and cooking were very important to raiding. Gathering proffs too were integral in providing the economy with materials.

Crafting I separated out because of how there were recipes that were very useful to craft and often very appealing to have... From low level up... not just for leveling and endgame but PvP.

Goldmaking was important when mounts were hard to come by... and repairs were costly, and respects were expensive, and the economy was an integral part of the game.

If you think it's padding... good for you... just goes to show how sad the game is now that the breadth of the game from Classic thru WotLK isn't recognized. It's a pitiful, useless pile of garbage today... and was a MUCH more rewarding, enjoyable game "back in the day".
    Next you'll add in "training spells" and "buying reagents"

Question, don't you craft bandages? Don't you craft buff food through cooking? el oh el.