Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    They have to, they are counting on those people becoming future voters for them. Stick by your constituency is a smart political move.
    C'mon Theo, we all know the children of immigrants are just the worst.

They come to America, burden our education system...

They suck up our resources...

They study useless topics and don't become productive citizens like doctors or engineers...

They sit in MMO-C forums posting 14,000+ posts about how they hate the country where they choose to live.

I say we send them all back to the British islands they came from.

Theodarzna, do you know any children of immigrants we could send packing to their shithole countries?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    C'mon Theo, we all know the children of immigrants are just the worst.

They come to America, burden our education system...

They suck up our resources...

They study useless topics and don't become productive citizens like doctors or engineers...

They sit in MMO-C forums posting 14,000+ posts about how they hate the country where they choose to live.

I say we send them all back to the British islands they came from.

Theodarzna, do you know any children of immigrants we could send packing to their shithole countries?
    At least I’m not the only one who remembers Theo is an immigrant.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    At least I’m not the only one who remembers Theo is an immigrant.
    The Internet never forgets.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ameri...ry?id=52465107

Welp, bad news for the GOP/Trump is 48% of Americans would blame them vs. 28% who would blame Democrats, with 18% blaming both equally.

Not sure I see what's the problem with just giving the Dreamers protection:

Paul Ryan supports keeping them in the USA.
    "This is a home that people know and they don’t know any other country as a home."

Mitch McConnell supports keeping them here.
    "I'm very sympathetic with this situation. These are young people who were brought here at a tender age and who have grown up here or are in the process of growing up here."

Trump supports keeping them here.
    “We are going to deal with daca with heart,” he said in February. “To me, it’s one of the most difficult subjects I have, because you have these incredible kids.” As late as Friday, when the White House indicated a decision on the policy was imminent, Trump said, “We love Dreamers.”

Nearly 9 in 10 Americans want them to stay.

Even 2/3 of Trump supporters want them to stay.

So why is the GOP holding the government hostage over this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Welp, bad news for the GOP/Trump is 48% of Americans would blame them vs. 28% who would blame Democrats, with 18% blaming both equally.
    Unless there is a filibuster, watching Trump golf and host his year as president celebration, will not help him at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump’s twitter... that really is it. He went on there and started talking about CHIP, which blew up all the talks.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Unless there is a filibuster, watching Trump golf and host his year as president celebration, will not help him at all.
    Probably won't hurt him much, either. His supporters don't seem to care much about his frequent absentee "leadership" nor his proclivity for taking more vacation than any "regular" person would ever hope to be able to take.

Not sure I see what's the problem with just giving the Dreamers protection:

Paul Ryan supports keeping them in the USA.
    "This is a home that people know and they don’t know any other country as a home."

Mitch McConnell supports keeping them here.
    "I'm very sympathetic with this situation. These are young people who were brought here at a tender age and who have grown up here or are in the process of growing up here."

Trump supports keeping them here.
    “We are going to deal with daca with heart,” he said in February. “To me, it’s one of the most difficult subjects I have, because you have these incredible kids.” As late as Friday, when the White House indicated a decision on the policy was imminent, Trump said, “We love Dreamers.”

Nearly 9 in 10 Americans want them to stay.

Even 2/3 of Trump supporters want them to stay.

Trump demands the border wall and his comments about CHIP on Twitter and that's basically all it is. He refuses to sign anything that doesn't 100% cater to his wishes. It puts a kink on things as congress then has to come up with something that either allows for the wall or has a super majority to supercede the veto.

This is problematic as the burden ultimately falls to the GOP. They have to try to come up with something that appeals to Democrats while also courting Trump's base or risk getting primaried for going against the glorious leader (sarcasm obviously.) Bipartisan plans were already torpedoed by the president and now the Freedom Caucus is stonewalling in the House to get Trump's agenda.

Democrats are just sitting in the corner sipping on juice boxes and laughing at the chaos. The Republicans could ram through what they want to but can't get on the same page as they either support Trump and give the Democrats a billion talking points to crush them with or vote against leader and get primaried.

edit: I find Jeff Flake to be a scumbag but he even threw shade at the situation and his party over the whole thing and how he was willing to side against his own party because Trump never keeps his word, thus making compromise impossible, and how Trump is basically dictating how congress works and up ending the system.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2018-01-19 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Makes sense, considering they control the House, Senate and the White House.

This might be the first shutdown where one party controlled the government but were so incapable of governing they still couldn't keep the government open.

In a sane world, this would be the death knell for the GOP as a governing party.

Like posted early'er in the thread.....

We got a orange blur in office who is having a fit he isn't getting his way.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-19 at 11:12 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

russian bots are working hard tonight on social media trying to shift blame to dems

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn’t they come to a bipartisan compromise like a week ago and when they ran it by Trump he shit all over it and in the process made his now infamous shithole remark?
    So it seems like they at least attempted to do the job and it failed due to him.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Didn’t they come to a bipartisan compromise like a week ago and when they ran it by Trump he shit all over it and in the process made his now infamous shithole remark?
    So it seems like they at least attempted to do the job and it failed due to him.
    Yup. They had a bipartisan compromise and Trump blew it up. Now the GOP are scrambling as they have to do some combination of
    1. Appeasing Trump alongside a majority vote or get a super majority in congress (unlikely)
    2. Appeasing Trump's base while not torpedoing their own jobs and polling numbers
    3. Appeasing moderates while risking getting primaried for going against Trump
    4. Getting Democrats on board which is unlikely since they have nothing to gain and Trump's word is worthless
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    See, the problem there is you expect Trump's followers to blame him for the failure. That'll never happen.

Fucking Democrates at it again! Why his constituents consistently vote this guy into office is mind boggling honestly. Probably wants to bring in more of his greek mates or something so they can destroy the US from within with their communism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    russian bots are working hard tonight on social media trying to shift blame to dems
    Yesterday with the memo and now this? Wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Fucking Democrates at it again! Why his constituents consistently vote this guy into office is mind boggling honestly. Probably wants to bring in more of his greek mates or something so they can destroy the US from within with their communism.
    Even though don’t make much sense in the order used... those are actual words. I don’t think you are a real Trump supporter...

Even though don’t make much sense in the order used... those are actual words. I don’t think you are a real Trump supporter...

It makes sense when you realize he said Democrates instead of Democrats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    It makes sense when you realize he said Democrates instead of Democrats.
    Foiled once again!!

i'm watching the news on this right now, they just talked to lindsey graham. despite him being a conservative, i actually kinda like him. but does anyone else kinda think he might snort a line or two during these votes? he comes out extremely sweaty, sometimes his pupils are dilated, the eye movement is there.

but yeah, idk if the shutdown will be avoided. i just hope it doesn't hurt democrats too much.

You mean there isn't an American Senator called Democrates!? Greek looking guy (at least so I assume with a name like that)? Likes lamb dishes? Can't invite him to fund raisers because he smashes all the plates?

Fake news!