Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hold on I am laughing really hard right now at some of the comments.

This game is how many years old? If some of you enjoyed leveling so much, You should have a ton of max level chars. Taking extra time to kill mobs, on content you already done so many times. Are you mental? Taking longer to do things is more fun?

If there was risk of dying, or if it was more rewarding for the work you did. I could understand, but to say clearly that taking more time to kill mobs is more fun for you, I question it. In fact, I am calling you out on lying.

What it really is, that most of the people who enjoy this. Have max level chars filled on the server, and don't want to level again... but they enjoy it being tedious for others, because that is the type of community wow has.

That makes more sense than a bunch of morons telling me this is a better system, when all it did was make things take longer and no risk at all.

5+ Year Old Account
    I believe you can still learn your class if they would just buff up the xp rate. Right now it is too long for people just wanting to get to endgame.

im glad they made the game harder, it was so easy before

now i feel more engaged in the game world than before, and i feel like levels matter more now

glad heirlooms are no longer BiS all the time, and getting loot from dungeons is actually interesting now

I love the new levelling. I'm not saying anyone here is wrong, or that they are exaggerating; I'm simply pointing out that some people, perhaps even a lot of people, think the new level scaling system is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was excited for the changes until it became obvious they only increased the mob HP and not the damage output.

You can still pull 15 mobs and aoe them down, it just takes significantly longer to do. The mobs are still no threat what so ever.

I was hoping elites would be scary again. Y'know, Stitches. Knucklerot. Luzran. The Felreaver. Stuff like that. Nope, they have a ton of HP now but if you aggro them by accident you can still just walk away and not worry without any damage to you.

Leveling a clothy and you can take a hit from the frigging Felreaver and live. Like, really? I get we're supposed to be heroes but we're still basically gods.

If you pull more than two or three mobs there should definitely be a threat of dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    im glad they made the game harder, it was so easy before

now i feel more engaged in the game world than before, and i feel like levels matter more now

glad heirlooms are no longer BiS all the time, and getting loot from dungeons is actually interesting now

That is a lie, The game is not harder now.

More engaged? LMAO

The change is most likely due to new players coming into WoW and getting bored to tears in trial. Its a good change but I wish they would have taken it a step further with Elites back in the old world. Damage being higher not just HP. Perhaps even more abilitys on all the NPCs. Rares being actual threats ect.. The main problem now is how awful class design is.

This discussion will go nowhere, the experience is subjective, some will like it or love it, and some will hatr it.

Wow combat is fast that is part of the fun of wow. Yes one shotting mobs was stupid, but making mobs live this long with no risk at all is even dumber.
    How long is it taking people to kill mobs now? I'm not seeing many mobs where it takes very much time to kill them. Yes, it is longer than one shotting them (which I think everyone agrees was pretty lame). But I'm not seeing them take an eternity per mob. My biggest issue is the overall time it takes to level. If we just got (a lot) more xp per mob or quest, I think it would all balance out nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Maybe because blizzard wants people to get familiar with the full toolkit of their class, and the game will be challenging enough for new players anyway. Like, it's not like you could really learn how to play a fire mage by spamming fireball before. Now you will have to do a little more since nothing will be one shot.
    If they make it hard for an old player, it will be borderline impossible for a new one. That's not how games work in today's industry mate. I tried it a bit myself, and when pulling 3-4 mobs as a dps, I had to use tricks like frost nova and sheep to succeed. I sometimes even had to eat. So well, it's a mighty fine experience at the moment.
    Blizzard does not care about "new players learning their skill sets". This was done purely for monetary reasons. Slower leveling = more paid level boosts. Same reason they added scaling and personal loot in dungeons. Make gold harder to farm in old content, thus increasing token sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragerblade View Post
    Hold on I am laughing really hard right now at some of the comments.

This game is how many years old? If some of you enjoyed leveling so much, You should have a ton of max level chars. Taking extra time to kill mobs, on content you already done so many times. Are you mental? Taking longer to do things is more fun?

If there was risk of dying, or if it was more rewarding for the work you did. I could understand, but to say clearly that taking more time to kill mobs is more fun for you, I question it. In fact, I am calling you out on lying.

What it really is, that most of the people who enjoy this. Have max level chars filled on the server, and don't want to level again... but they enjoy it being tedious for others, because that is the type of community wow has.

That makes more sense than a bunch of morons telling me this is a better system, when all it did was make things take longer and no risk at all.
    I have every class at cap and multiples of more than a few, I actually like leveling. I Just spent a bit of time playing around on a couple of lowbie characters and the new scaling is great

You get to use more than one button in world content I love that and you can see the whole story for a zone. I've never seen a lot of the leveling content because I was capped when it was put in and you outleveled it way too fast previously.

The scaling and Xp increase only really matters if you haven't adapted and are still trying to dungeon to cap instead of actually doing the zones.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Everything you do during leveling matters. End-game is just larger scale of that.
    Killing kobalds around goldshire matters? I mean everyone has their own opinion and take on the matter I leveled everything i ever wanted in WoD so im set. If I for some reason need something else... I have a job and they have boosts so yea. In all my years and as many times as I have leveled through the content....unless you read every text its only a very slow time delay to somewhat learn your class till you get max level and learn it all over again... guess what youve geared up and your class hit X stat breakpoint now you have to pick X talents and relearn again...oh guess what this new tier set..learn your class again....

Leveling is pointless I know the tinfoil hat brigade says they did it for more boost sales. Honestly I look at it like keeping people playing longer that are newer. I also see it in a way imagine a new player that started a couple weeks ago they got nothing just struggling trying to figure out where to go they dont have addons or anything to help them. NOW same player while with the new board setup or w/e might have a easier direction to follow it will take them longer. When I first started at the end of vanilla trying to level a hunter or a lock all those spell ranks for you and a pet not having enough gold for s* no direction without consulting a guide. I would gladly go back to those days still cause that felt like a experience and it felt earned. These new changes just feel like padding....

New? taking longer to level? oh just buy another month of sub
    New? leveling taking too long? use your boost
    Oh there wasnt a good trial to try the toon you picked to boost and you really dont like it?
    In game shop is over there----> buy a boost

Good leveling to me was what left impressions that lasted and nothing has ever "WoW'd me since the DK starting zone and I really enjoyed Icecrown. But as a whole if you are not new its just filler.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. people dont need to make multiple threads, give your opinion on one of the many others
    2. want your opinion heard? this is not theblizzard forums
    3. giving "feedback" without any examples, evidance, or changes that could be made (you did that last part, good on you) is complaining
    This sums it up well.
    We get told that their feedback needs heard, but how quickly is ours dismissed when we don't agree.
    Throwing out overused terms like "tedious" as if it were a universal truth, when in reality some people enjoy a more involved process.
    I personally found the excessive travel for optimum XP gains to be "tedious", but that is my opinion only.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who am I to blame for this stupid scaling that we have?
    You have your answer in the title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    They made the changes based on almost a decade's worth of feedback in regards to the leveling experience.

Tough shit for the whiny little runs that opt to play an MMORPG but wanting neither the RPG nor the MMO aspect of the genre.

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point.

"Nothing improves the community because the community is DEAD!! I'mma just totally ignore all the people playing together and interacting on a daily basis because muh feels!".
    If you wanted to play a game with solid RPG and MMO aspects I'm not sure you would play WoW anymore.

BTW - you never played the game during Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Twaster View Post
    If you wanted to play a game with solid RPG and MMO aspects I'm not sure you would play WoW anymore.

BTW - you never played the game during Classic.
    ... But I do want that, and I do play WoW just fine getting my gameplay, story and social experience. You can be as unsure about shit as you like, I know what I want and what I'm getting, thank you.

And I might not have played during Vanilla, but I have played Classic. I'll let you figure out how that can be.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-20 at 01:02 AM.

Everyone wants different things.. Listening to what the fans want doesn't always mean doing exactly what you think they should do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Fuck this whinefest about leveling. And the horse they rode in on.
    That only applies to LVL 20 and above.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who am I to blame for this stupid scaling that we have?

I was all like, I am down with it being tougher. I forget this is Blizzard and Tedious means tougher to them.

1) Up the damage of mobs by a good 30ish percent.
    2) Cut back on the HP buff just a bit. 20 percent
    3) Put the xp back to where it was. What is wrong with you nerfing the xp?

Wow is fun because of the fast combat, but there is no risk at all, and clearly no reward.

This is common sense. Why do you lack it?
    ..... Well people asked for this, a lot of times. Blizzard just took the opportunity to not only scale the world, but also take a stab at improving flow and tempo of leveling. This is something they have done before, actually less then 9 months ago, but this time it is just more clear for people.

But give them time, give your constructive feedback and they will hopefully tweak things. You never get something right the first time, so in a year or so, we will hopefully have a more balanced leveling experience.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Killing kobalds around goldshire matters? I mean everyone has their own opinion and take on the matter I leveled everything i ever wanted in WoD so im set. If I for some reason need something else... I have a job and they have boosts so yea. In all my years and as many times as I have leveled through the content....unless you read every text its only a very slow time delay to somewhat learn your class till you get max level and learn it all over again... guess what youve geared up and your class hit X stat breakpoint now you have to pick X talents and relearn again...oh guess what this new tier set..learn your class again....

Leveling is pointless I know the tinfoil hat brigade says they did it for more boost sales. Honestly I look at it like keeping people playing longer that are newer. I also see it in a way imagine a new player that started a couple weeks ago they got nothing just struggling trying to figure out where to go they dont have addons or anything to help them. NOW same player while with the new board setup or w/e might have a easier direction to follow it will take them longer. When I first started at the end of vanilla trying to level a hunter or a lock all those spell ranks for you and a pet not having enough gold for s* no direction without consulting a guide. I would gladly go back to those days still cause that felt like a experience and it felt earned. These new changes just feel like padding....

New? taking longer to level? oh just buy another month of sub
    New? leveling taking too long? use your boost
    Oh there wasnt a good trial to try the toon you picked to boost and you really dont like it?
    In game shop is over there----> buy a boost

Good leveling to me was what left impressions that lasted and nothing has ever "WoW'd me since the DK starting zone and I really enjoyed Icecrown. But as a whole if you are not new its just filler.
    Are you saying kobalds don't deserve to hold on to their candles a bit longer then they used to?
    I mean were talking candles here not god damm apples!