Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you missed the Live Stream last night, Clowd from Ghar Station has a brief summary of it at:

https://www.thegharstation.com/2018/...th-rift-prime/

Basically, it starts with just one server, based in North America, not great for us here in EU, I have 45ms on EU and 190ms to NA but see how it goes, nothing you earn/get on Rift Prime will carry over to Live except pure cosmetics, also no Minions, No lock boxes, no gear, no token, no artifacts in Rift PRIME for credits.

I want to be optimistic about Trion not fucking this up...but I'm still hedging my bets for now. I'll be super happy if they don't though, and may even consider subbing to give it a spin...but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

Deleted
    Not even a single EU realm, what a fucking joke of a company.

Yep waiting on an EU server at least.

Pretty silly then aren't doing one of each. But well this is Trion....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yep waiting on an EU server at least.

Pretty silly then aren't doing one of each. But well this is Trion....
    Don't you worry, Trion will come out and say "WELL IT LOOKS LIKE PEOPLE REALLY DIDN'T WANT IT BY THE LOOKS OF THE POPULATION, BUT DON'T SAY PAPA TRION DIDN'T WANT TO PLEASE YOU"
    Last edited by mmocae1868ef01; 2018-01-20 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Don't you worry, Trion will come out and say "WELL IT LOOKS LIKE PEOPLE REALLY DIDN'T WANT IT BY THE LOOKS OF THE POPULATION, BUT DON'T PAPA TRION DIDN'T WANT TO PLEASE YOU"
    As someone who plays on NA servers for FF14 it's bearable on there but with a game like this and the fact they can't even manage the EU servers properly it'll be awful to play on NA.

On EU I get around 40-50 MS compared to games where I get 20.

As for microtransactions. Why does it matter if this server has them or not? All the other servers milk whatever they can from the P2W/P2A stuff so again it really doesn't matter if 1 server chooses not to go with them.

Deleted
    As someone who plays on NA servers for FF14 it's bearable on there but with a game like this and the fact they can't even manage the EU servers properly it'll be awful to play on NA.

On EU I get around 40-50 MS compared to games where I get 20.
    The good thing about FFXIV is that a lot of the encounters were done with higher ms in mind, with EU servers and low ping in FFXIV it's an old problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Never played Vanilla Rift...don't think I even got much into the game till they were going free to play and I got the first expansion free from a giveaway.

Was vanilla as unforgiving to melee as it was later on?

Whats the balance gonna be like.

I want my Original bard, blinkblade and Bloodstalker back

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Never played Vanilla Rift...don't think I even got much into the game till they were going free to play and I got the first expansion free from a giveaway.

Was vanilla as unforgiving to melee as it was later on?
    yes and no

For the most part melee did upwards of 30% more damage if they could sit on a boss.

thats a big if.

Bloodstalker is 32 assassin, 14 marksman, 20 riftstalker, highest single target in the game.

IF you could get behind a target.

Not really useful against dragons IMO
    Last edited by Nasuuna; 2018-01-20 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Whats the balance gonna be like.

I want my Original bard, blinkblade and Bloodstalker back
    Well if it's progression I imagine it will be the original stuff.

But trying to play some stuff in NA with 100-200 MS is going to be awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    I mean last time I remember playing Rift semi-seriously I remember mobs had a good to chance to dodge or parry my attacks while playing a spell caster I never had to worry about that. Got to the point where it took so much longer to kill something because of the evasion they had.

I mean last time I remember playing Rift semi-seriously I remember mobs had a good to chance to dodge or parry my attacks while playing a spell caster I never had to worry about that. Got to the point where it took so much longer to kill something because of the evasion they had.
    I never noticed that, I played Rogue and Icar Cleric.

Other than power farming scenarios with gear, my rogue was always faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never noticed that, I played Rogue and Icar Cleric.

Other than power farming scenarios with gear, my rogue was always faster.
    Maybe they changed things more recently, last time I played was a while before the fiasco of the last expansion launched...and even then I think I was playing a Necro, so my melee experience goes back a bit.

Maybe they changed things more recently, last time I played was a while before the fiasco of the last expansion launched...and even then I think I was playing a Necro, so my melee experience goes back a bit.
    i played 1.2-2.5

Lost my raid spot to somebody who dropped 1300bucks on cash shop loot and got the fuck out

https://imgur.com/a/q16Hj

Worked for them during vanilla, and still getting the free creds every now and then from them, professionalism lvl 999.

this whole prime things is gonna be way worse than it was originally alluded as. 1st major thing is no old souls. yup all those old specs you might have wanted to replay and relive wont be there. it's just basically current souls capped at 51. where is the fun in that? also not sure how they are even gonna work this most souls dont become good until they are at 61. some dont even work right. perfect example is archon mage support soul which doesnt get flaring power its biggest dps raid boost cd until 61.

although dps and correct specs prob wont even matter much because prime is all 7 years of rift squished into one year with all content coming at a breakneck speed. so they kept saying people wanted difficult content because of how fumbled SFP was that you literally didnt even need a healer for dungeons when game launched, and their answer is content that cant possibly be made difficult because of how rushed things are gonna be not to mention unbalanced.

sorry but no dice. the old souls and playstyles would have been a major draw i dont get why anyone would want to play all the current stuff they already are, for both pvp and pve. dom is dead and it would have been fun to go back and mess with people with drains and sheeps, to play old defilemancer in pve.

to cap it off you lose everything at the end of the year, oh and all the dev attention gets focused on prime while main servers continue to ignore the major issues that have still not been addressed, rng with fragments and high plat cost, mandatory eternal weapon that takes months to fully upgrade that is the number 1 boost to your dps regardless of skill. no new raids, no class balance in pve or pvp. warriors best dps is a heal spec. rogues do more damage than anyone in pvp and can wear top tier pve gear in pvp.

how can you capture nostalgia when the things that made it actually good wont be there. no real progression no old souls no old difficulty. oh and in 6 months u are back to the parts of rift that sucked and drove so many away and then your char is gone, thanx for the money suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by shimcham View Post
    this whole prime things is gonna be way worse than it was originally alluded as. 1st major thing is no old souls. yup all those old specs you might have wanted to replay and relive wont be there. it's just basically current souls capped at 51. where is the fun in that? also not sure how they are even gonna work this most souls dont become good until they are at 61. some dont even work right. perfect example is archon mage support soul which doesnt get flaring power its biggest dps raid boost cd until 61.

although dps and correct specs prob wont even matter much because prime is all 7 years of rift squished into one year with all content coming at a breakneck speed. so they kept saying people wanted difficult content because of how fumbled SFP was that you literally didnt even need a healer for dungeons when game launched, and their answer is content that cant possibly be made difficult because of how rushed things are gonna be not to mention unbalanced.

sorry but no dice. the old souls and playstyles would have been a major draw i dont get why anyone would want to play all the current stuff they already are, for both pvp and pve. dom is dead and it would have been fun to go back and mess with people with drains and sheeps, to play old defilemancer in pve.

to cap it off you lose everything at the end of the year, oh and all the dev attention gets focused on prime while main servers continue to ignore the major issues that have still not been addressed, rng with fragments and high plat cost, mandatory eternal weapon that takes months to fully upgrade that is the number 1 boost to your dps regardless of skill. no new raids, no class balance in pve or pvp. warriors best dps is a heal spec. rogues do more damage than anyone in pvp and can wear top tier pve gear in pvp.

how can you capture nostalgia when the things that made it actually good wont be there. no real progression no old souls no old difficulty. oh and in 6 months u are back to the parts of rift that sucked and drove so many away and then your char is gone, thanx for the money suckers.
    Oh then yeah definitely avoiding if they use current soul trees. The current way souls are built is what killed build diversity in the first place.

So far this doesn't look promising at all if that soul tree setup is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I would pay for a polished rehash of vanillaish RIFT on a fresh server with tons of people.
    Absolutely as would I.

The temporary nature of Prime is what turns me off this but I commend Trion for at least realising there is a large amount of people who don't like F2P but would gladly pay for a proper subscription only Rift server. RiFT was definitely at its best during chocolate Rift however I wouldn't mind if the server progress through each expansion and eventually caught up with the current live server in a few years.

Oh then yeah definitely avoiding if they use current soul trees.
    If they use current soul trees, I will not touch. The only allure Prime has for me is all those old builds I've been pining away for years.

My friends and I were so excited when we heard about this last night, it looked like the gang was going to get back together and tackle Rift again. Then we found out that this was not a permanent server but some kind of seasonal abomination and just about everyone noped right out. What a disappointment. Don't they see that people just want a regular server with a monthly fee and no p2w garbage on it?