Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    Why are you intent on letting people break the law?
    People break the law all the time. Almost all adults break the law several times a week.

I'm intent on getting rid of all unnecessary laws, and no longer restricting actions that don't cause harm. That means they would no longer be breaking the law. Freedom is fucking awesome, it's a shame you don't feel that way.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBowman View Post
    The Margin of Error was not bad.

No Polls are only there to give people a general idea of how people feel.

But regardless Polls do matter and always have, it'll matter just as much in 2020 as it did in previous years.
    Lol. But they did not matter much at all in 2016. That is my point. The outcome overall was different than what the polls showed. Trump had no clear path to victory. This is what the fake news was telling the public, based on ....polls. :P

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    Oh no, now they won't get anything done. Oh wait, they already manage that when fully funded.
    For the amount of shit they get done they sure are over-represented in media. It'd be cool if journalists could agree on the portrayal but I guess that's impossible with no 3rd party to take advantage of the chaos and move things onto a constructive track instead of this standstill.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol. But they did not matter much at all in 2016. That is my point. The outcome overall was different than what the polls showed. Trump had no clear path to victory. This is what the fake news was telling the public, based on ....polls. :P
    That doesn't make it fake news, it means people were lying in polls. You are being completely disingenuous.

Trump was trailing in those polls, which simply means the people taking those polls were not being honest. Now, you can ask yourself why those people were not being honest about supporting Trump, and some outlets went into it. One of the main causes was shame for voting for a misogynistic racist prick. I'm sure glad I didn't vote for someone like that.

Calling it fake news is a flat out lie.

Again because Polls aren't 100% accurate. They will matter in 2020, as they matter in 2018 when it comes to Special Elections.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That doesn't make it fake news, it means people were lying in polls. You are being completely disingenuous.

Trump was trailing in those polls, which simply means the people taking those polls were not being honest. Now, you can ask yourself why those people were not being honest about supporting Trump, and some outlets went into it. One of the main causes was shame for voting for a misogynistic racist prick. I'm sure glad I didn't vote for someone like that.

Calling it fake news is a flat out lie.
    That can indeed happen too. However Gallup is a good site for Polls, it is considered the Golden Standard of Polls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again because Polls aren't 100% accurate. They will matter in 2020, as they matter in 2018 when it comes to Special Elections.

- - - Updated - - -

But they did not matter in 2016? Lol. Some reason you think they are going to be more accurate in 2018 by some magical means or is it just based on what you hope will happen?

But they did not matter in 2016? Lol. Some reason you think they are going to be more accurate in 2018 by some magical means or is it just based on what you hope will happen?
    No, they did matter in 2016.

Hope? Trump still uses polls himself. In fact Politicians still use polls to gather how popular they are. Again they matter as much in 2000 as they do now.

You do realize Politicians still use Polls right?

Polls aren't going away, they never will, they will always matter.

Well, if poll takers would lie less, then the polls would be more accurate. We just had more liars than normal, and they seemed to be voting for Trump... that seems rather fitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they did matter in 2016.

Hope?
    You do realize Politicians still use Polls right?
    I just showed you why they did not matter that much in 2016. And you want to excuse me of not seeing evidence? Lol! That is laughable indeed.

The Republicans may get shellacked in 2018. Or they may make a lot of liberals cry some more tears. I do not know what will happen and sure as hell am not going to depend on polls. It is too early for myself to have much opinion on it.

I just showed you why they did not matter that much in 2016. And you want to excuse me of not seeing evidence? Lol! That is laughable indeed.

The Republicans may get shellacked in 2018. Or they may make a lot of liberals cry some more tears. I do not know what will happen and sure as hell am not going to depend on polls. It is too early for myself to have much opinion on it.
    omfg. They mattered in 2016... are you serious? You can't be that ignorant on polls.

Depend on Polls? *facepalm*

LOL polls didn't matter in 2016? Thanks for the joke.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why are you all talking about polls, instead of Trump's failure as a leader and his lack of negotiating skills that lead to this government shutdown?
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Considering that this boils down to a wall that the US cannot afford without massive tax hikes due to the tax cuts offered to the rich, it makes sense why the budget is overextended.

10+ Year Old Account
    omfg. They mattered in 2016... are you serious? You can't be that ignorant on polls.

Depend on Polls? *facepalm*

LOL polls didn't matter in 2016? Thanks for the joke.
    Pfft. lol! A lot of people lost money in 2016 bets, relying on polls.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Saw this shit on the news today, so as someone from outside the U.S I have no idea what this means, could someone explain what the consequences of this might be?

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Why are you all talking about polls, instead of Trump's failure as a leader and his lack of negotiating skills that lead to this government shutdown?
    Because he wants to Discredit Polling, when it's clear Polling matters as much in 2000 as it did in 2016, it's just a desperate attempt with Trump to discredit the Media more.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, if poll takers would lie less, then the polls would be more accurate. We just had more liars than normal, and they seemed to be voting for Trump... that seems rather fitting.
    There's a pretty big difference between 'lying because you're afraid of being outed and losing your job/livelyhood/home/etc' and the lying you're implicating as a problem.

As for the thread's topic, I'm pretty pissed off at our Gov't as a whole. The majority of the blame is going to fall on Republican's shoulders since they hold the majority but we can't pretend this isn't a bipartisan issue. I'm not seeing a lot of hope for things to get better for 2018 elections.

Pfft. lol! A lot of people lost money in 2016 bets, relying on polls.
    Again Margin of error. LOL~!

And how many times has Polling been accurate?

More then you can count.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Whataboutism, where else would you expect to find it?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    As for the thread's topic, I'm pretty pissed off at our Gov't as a whole. The majority of the blame is going to fall on Republican's shoulders since they hold the majority but we can't pretend this isn't a bipartisan issue. I'm not seeing a lot of hope for things to get better for 2018 elections.
    It won't for Trump that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Saw this shit on the news today, so as someone from outside the U.S I have no idea what this means, could someone explain what the consequences of this might be?
    It is political shifting crap. Each party blaming the other. Not uncommon. Has happened like 18 times in the US history in the last 40 years or so.