10+ Year Old Account

Old dungeons as m+...

...simple question, would you love to see some old dungeons as m+ option?...I would die for stratholme ud side as m+!!!...

That would be a balancing nightmare, they were desigend ages ago with ancient class designs and ancient difficulty in mind. They better use their ressources on something different.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    That would be a balancing nightmare, they were desigend ages ago with ancient class designs and ancient difficulty in mind. They better use their ressources on something different.
    Considering they released shit like karazhan and cath, i'm 99% sure they don't give a single solitary fuck about balance.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    He asked if you wanted it, not if i would happen

I would love to see BRD as a M+ run, i always loved full BRD clears, so sad that it is broken down now with the tool, some bosses never even die (including bael'gar for quest)

I´d love to see all dungeons scale, so we had access to every dungeon from classic to legion at 110. Not only as M+ but normal/heroic aswell

Would be fun to have some for timewalking weeks.

But then again, having your BIS trinket on a dungeon that is available once every 3 months.. oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...simple question, would you love to see some old dungeons as m+ option?...I would die for stratholme ud side as m+!!!...
    Yes.

It's just a matter of tweaking numbers, really. They could have a couple of dudes working on it and get it done easily.

Even if they release at insanely hard or easy difficulty, they'll be tweaked as they go (remember Karazhan and Cathedral at launch?).

Mythic+ is the best feature released in WoW since launch, without a doubt. Expanding on it with more dungeons (including previous expansion ones) and maybe adding and randomizing the affixes instead of having weekly ones, would just make it so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Considering they released shit like karazhan and cath, i'm 99% sure they don't give a single solitary fuck about balance.
    If they didn't care about balance, they wouldn't have fixed them by tuning the numbers down.

Karazhan was re-made into something entirely new, and both cathedral and seat are new.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    90% of dungeons before Cataclysm would need a serious overhaul in regards to mechanics, because there barely were any. Vanilla and TBC dungeons mostly had bosses that just hit hard, or required a dispel, that was it.

That said I would love it, because having a bigger pool of dungeons makes the game far more enjoyable IMO. The best way to approach it (IMO) is to add one every mini patch (so 7.3.5), or just focus on a couple and have them launch with the expansion. I think having too many from previous expansion potentially detracts from the new dungeon pool, but having a couple would be cool.

Dungeons, especially the older ones prior to CMs (and even then, a lot of people didn't do CMs) are actually content you rarely did to the point of exhaustion. Typically people would grind them hard for the first couple weeks, and largely forget about them, as there was barely any systems in place to make you want to do them throughout the entire expansion. Even when they rewarded you with badges and shit, or tried to sucker you in with a random dungeon per day, it was unlikely you would run them to the point that you would be sick of seeing them (compared to say, a 6-12 month content drought between tiers/expansions that you see with raids).

BRD for example would be an awesome M+. Lets be serious though, the bosses and trash in there are absolutely ancient, and would need a massive overhaul in regards to mechanics. As far as M+ goes, there is no way that instance could be a single instance, it would need to be broken up into at least two instances, maybe even three. It would be an amazing super long base mythic dungeon like they did with Karazhan when they reintroduced it with Legion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    That's really obviously been proven wrong, considering how they are in their current state. They were over-tuned in their early versions, and then balanced. So clearly they give a lot of fucks about balance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can we do TBC dungeons? I’d be down.

Or m+ ZF
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Not possible without redesigning the dungeons. I'd rather just see mythic timewalking available year round.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    In a perfect world, at one point in time we will have a max level version of every dungeon in the game, including raids. Even if they would be limited, like have Mythic+ and max level versions of the raids only during their specific time walking event. Still, I would love it.

Shattered Halls with Teeming and Fortified

Deleted
    Nah I'd rather have more new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Shattered Halls with Teeming and Fortified
    you mean tyrannical arcatraz?