Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    If they get paid a normal wage they will move. White rural class built this country. The economy of the US was agricultural based right until after world war 2. The market will have to pay more if they want labor. The answer is not fuck the american people and bring in a permanent underclass.
    Yeah, no.
    I'm not even from the US and I know that's false.
    Is it true that there was a quite large base of rural agriculture workers even up until WW 2 in america? Yes. That sector fed the country. But they were quite economically insignificant. The strength of the US economy was originally built on the backs of the North East. It was built on trade and industry. Natural resources that weren't food came second. Cash-crops was the economy of the "The South", and that sure as hell wasn't based on white farmers.
    Thomas Jefferson might have had a utopic ideal about the small hold farmers taking over the entire continent and sitting fine within their own little communities. However, he also recanted his statement about revolts and revolutions being healthy for a nation after he saw what happened in France.

That's what people have taken umbrage with when it comes to your statement. That you're factually wrong about what built the US. Had it been an agricultural economy it'd never have been able to become the bank capital of the world during the first world war.
    - Lars

7+ Year Old Account
    Just like with the last shutdown, the private sector will keep moving the economy forward. Not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Are you having quoting issues here? I was talking about Vatrilian's hate boner for urbanites. Try again.

And I'll take illegal immigrants over many of my fellow Americans. Lotta useless people in the sticks voting against their fellow Americans.
    Oh yeah more people to vote for useless policies that promote more problems than they solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    You really shouldn't believe a guy who lies so much...
    Who the guy in the image? I never believed him once.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    No. Those jobs will just get automated.
    TIL you can literally automate all jobs in the agricultural sector and that making a sector actually more efficient through tech and better techniques is worse than literally exploiting people.

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note, it's absolutely hilarious that people no longer believe supply and demand are real in the labor market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitten View Post
    TIL you can literally automate all jobs in the agricultural sector and that making a sector actually more efficient through tech and better techniques is worse than literally exploiting people.
    Or we can encourage technological growth and more automation without deporting hundreds of thousands of people for the sake of keeping America white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    So in conclusion the Democrats voted to shut down the government for illegal aliens. Agreed
    So in conclusion your party is not marching "lock step" as is apparent by the roster. In conclusion even WITH HELP from 5 Democratic votes your party could not pass the legislation. And in conclusion the White House continues to define the phrase "poor leadership".

Agreed.
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

7+ Year Old Account
    If all 51 republicans voted for it, they would need 9 democrats. Id 90% of one party votes for it, and 90% vote against it, the blame for the shutdown goes to the 90% against funding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew79 View Post
    If all 51 republicans voted for it, they would need 9 democrats. Id 90% of one party votes for it, and 90% vote against it, the blame for the shutdown goes to the 90% against funding.
    That's great honey, but 5 GOP voted against it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    That's great honey, but 5 GOP voted against it.
    Then fault lies with the 5 republicans and the 45 democrats.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fault lies with President Not So Great Deal maker who rejected the first offer.

The fault also lies with hardline republicans who not only refuse to compromise, but are also about as trustworthy as a drug dealing cat.

But hey, whatever helps you stay in your safe space, Trumpflake.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Would you like to discuss what was proposed by those 51 republicans?
    Funding the government for 3 weeks.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Oh yeah more people to vote for useless policies that promote more problems than they solve.
    Because what rural voters chose this go around is proving to be so effective and far thinking in their policies. But, then, I'm not exactly sure a demographic that is lowering its own life expectancy while blaming it on others is capable of making reasonable decisions. Yeah, all things considered, I'd rather try my luck with the illegals They seem more grounded in reality.

7+ Year Old Account
    You want illegal aliens as your new voting block.

So that's how Democracy works for you? Agree with the King* or you're wrong?

*Of course "King" applies to just the one you personally approve of. If it was a King you don't like, then the people voting against them would be hailed as heroes, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    So that's how Democracy works for you? Agree with the King* or you're wrong?

*Of course "King" applies to just the one you personally approve of. If it was a King you don't like, then the people voting against them would be hailed as heroes, right?
    Keep it shut down for 4 years for all i care.

You want illegal aliens as your new voting block.
    The DACA is supported by both parties. It was just used as a bargaining chip and Tom Cotton sabotaged negotiations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The DACA is supported by both parties. It was just used as a bargaining chip and Tom Cotton sabotaged negotiations.
    If republicans do DACA they lose their base, if democrats don't do DACA they lose their base.

If republicans do DACA they lose their base, if democrats don't do DACA they lose their base.
    And if the Republicans don't back the DACA then they lose basically every district and state in the south and southwest.

That's why they were both on board with the initial compromise. Then Cotton poisoned the waters and Trump torpedoed the deal. Now no one is willing to negotiate because Trump's word is meaningless and the GOP are infighting over which base they're supposed to support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

No, they would lose a few of the Deplorables, not the Republicans. Don't confuse the two.

And, lets be honest here, DACA is NOT something Dumbass Donnie Dump is going to lose a lot of people over, and you damn well know that.