Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    Weird, I don't remember fans asking for copy-pastes of current races with a miserable customization and an even more restrict selection of classes to choose.

I mustn't have been in the forums that day, I suppose...
    You missed like 10 years of the forums i guess, because this was in fact one of the most suggested thing for like every expansions since TBC/WotLK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    Weird, I don't remember fans asking for copy-pastes of current races with a miserable customization and an even more restrict selection of classes to choose.

I mustn't have been in the forums that day, I suppose...
    Subraces were a near-constant subject of discussion since the model revamps, and were around well before then too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Something is wrong with you if you think more HP isn't helping tons. Before, a new player could just level to 110 by just spamming literally his first received ability, and be efficient about it, that's not the case anymore.
    Before, a new player would jump to level 100 with the level boost included in the box, so there isn't much differences here.

That change isn't intended for new players, it is intended to make the leveling more tedious (especially by making dungeon XP irrelevant and making them do again quest they already did countless time) for older players so they buy boost.

Sure the leveling was broken before, but it still is now.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2018-01-21 at 11:37 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Before, a new player would jump to level 100 with the level boost included in the box, so there isn't much differences here.

That change isn't intended for new players, it is intended to make the leveling more tedious (especially by making dungeon XP irrelevant and making them do again quest they already did countless time) for older players so they buy boost.

Sure the leveling was broken before, but it still is now.
    Then how can it be, that we see people coming back with the feedback, that they now enjoy the leveling alot more and actually find themselfs planning to do more leveling and less buying of boosts.

Not to steal quotes or anything, but i think the sentences "It might take longer, but since i am having more fun, it does not feel like it takes longer. Before i felt like i was doring a boring chore and now i feel like i am playing a game, which makes the time spent feel more well used." I think it is from Taliesin and Evitel, and i really feel like that explains alot of why some people see this as an upgrade over the old system.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Then how can it be, that we see people coming back with the feedback, that they now enjoy the leveling alot more and actually find themselfs planning to do more leveling and less buying of boosts.

And how many people just left due to changes ? sure for returning old players/new players (eg player who might not know every questlines in the game) it is not that bad, because they don't know most questlines. But for the players who just want to reach the cap and be done with it, because they ve already subbed for years and only the level cap is relevant for them, it is terrible because it is more tedious. Back then heirloom and xping in dungeons allowed to mitigate that tediousness, should you choose to "skip" some areas in a boring level range for your class or an expansion you didn't like much, now only the boost allows for that.

Especially considering that you cannot switch factions and servers without paying a premium. Seeing the volatility of the guilds in wow, it is very likely you ll need to reroll at some point if you don't want to give blizzard more $ they actually deserve.

Additionally, to answer your post, sure a tiny minority of people might have came back but it doesn't seem to be massive (the number of viewer of wow on twitch didn't increase at all, usually when there is an increase of interest in a game, the number of viewers for said game does increase, at least for a time). It has to do with the fact that what was an already boring leveling is still boring (due to the fact increasing mob health alone doesn't make things more interesting, it is the same old grinding of quests on outdated content with a battle system that has been changed so many time the older content isn't suited for it), especially when you do not gain a lot of spells after level 60.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2018-01-21 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    see, this has been my problem with the game since cataclysm. they think big health sponges = challenge.

no, that's not the case at all. it's ridiculous and boring. pre-cata, mobs had ok health, but they dealt more severe damage. the mobs actually dealing damage is where the challenge is.
    It's not intended to be a challenge, IMO. It's intended to give players an opportunity to use their class abilities to a fuller extent, instead of just spamming your highest damage ability and 1 shotting everything, which is what the situation has been like for the last few years. Many classes only needed 1 spell on their action bar to level to 90 previously.

I've leveled a few characters in the last few years and quickly gotten bored with it. When kill command or haunt 1 shots anything that isn't a dungeon boss, there's not really any point using any other spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It feels pointless to you.

It doesn't feel pointless and is considered a part of the journey that is this game to others.

Like I said, tough shit.
    Sorry it`s not..Looks like you (and many others) forgot Vanilla does not exists anymore..you have Cataclysm instead..Everything what was in Vanilla is gone...or at least most of it...different quests, storylines and landscapes...You can`t and you won`t experience Vanilla until Blizz starting a Vanilla server or you going into a private...Therefore yes, the whole leveling (at least the 1-60) is utterly pointless.
    Not to mention since when character boost is not a thing? Then all the "learning class" and other bullshits are null and void....
    Last edited by mmoc133ea5993d; 2018-01-21 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Sorry it`s not..Looks like you (and many others) forgot Vanilla does not exists anymore..you have Cataclysm instead..Everything what was in Vanilla is gone...or at least most of it...different quests, storylines and landscapes...You can`t and you won`t experience Vanilla until Blizz starting a Vanilla server or you going into a private...Therefore yes, the whole leveling (at least the 1-60) is utterly pointless.
    Not to mention since when character boost is not a thing? Then all the "learning class" and other bullshits are null and void....
    What you really want to say? That 1-60 is pointless just because story from TBC/WotLK is not connected to 1-60? Well, while this is true, it is not making leveling pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Why are you still talking. We were done already
    Your admission to lack of arguments is accepted and appreciated.

they should have increased the mob XP reward since they are taking longer to kill.

would probably make people feel better about it.

and increase the mobs damage

Deleted
    the problem is the levels itself. with the level cap being a whopping 120 levels in coming xpac there is really nothing more demotivating having to do content just for leveling (im not saying the content itself is not ok but its the incentive that sucks). With the division of proper chapters per zone/area in storyline they should tie it to scalable rewards that players feel they actually want to get. that could be gear(cosmetic), toys, mounts. Ad to that a lvl squish and it will look a lot better.

level in classic content and all expac more like a paragontype system where you can unlock traits/abilities and the incentives i mentioned earlier.

That said: the game is so old now that there is nof fix that fits everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    I thought I explained that? It's the disconnect from the rest of the game:

• Levelling doesn't teach you how to play your class, it teaches you how to level up.
    • Levelling doesn't help you form any social connections since it's a solo experience from start to finish, with the odd anonymous dungeon finder run thrown into the mix.
    • Nothing you do while levelling carries over to max level - none of the reputations, items or equipment you pick up really matters.

In fact, I'd say the only thing you get out of levelling these days is experiencing the quest lines, but does that have to be done in a levelling context? Again, Blizzard's "solution" to this was to offer a paid ticket past the levelling, which I think is ridiculous. They should either make the levelling experience good or make it optional, not this wishy washy in-between solution.
    What the hell are you talking about?
    - Learning to play the class it's up to each player
    - Same with social connections
    - I didn't know the rep gains while leveling and the transmogs are removed once you reach max level.

You say that "only thing you get out of levelling these days is experiencing the quest lines" ... well that's what leveling is all about, experiencing the world.
    I really fail to see how in the world is it better to mindlessly spam 10 minutes dungeons.

Deleted
    Lol @ " I thought I have explained"

No you didn't you just wrote dumb things

I´ve been leveling a bit in the new system. Granted my fury warrior is only 30 or so, but to me it feels, if anything, that the mobs still don´t have quite enough health. I can rampage every 4 or so mobs if I avoid spending rage on execute, and even then the mobs just fall over and I don´t get to benefit from the enrage you get from rampage. Still, it´s good, it´s a lot better than it was, since I actually do get to use those finisher style abilities now.

Leveled a rogue to 70 before the new patch and all I did was spam shadow strike, which teleported me to the mobs and 1 shot them. And I wasn´t using heirlooms then, either (I am on the warrior. Might ditch the swords though as I´d imagine worse weapons would make the combat loop better and they don´t even give xp buff, and I like getting upgrades as quest rewards). I can´t fathom how people could possibly have liked that. Sure it was faster, but it didn´t feel like a game. But I guess some people would level by jumping in place for 10 hours straight if they could.
    Last edited by Marc7; 2018-01-22 at 02:35 PM.

If they are indeed listening to what fans want that hopefully means that we'll get some much needed changes to Classic, the people who don't want changes are in the vast minority after all.

It's insane how much backlash these changes are getting. It takes what 5-6 more hours to level to max level now? Is it that much of an issue? The first post I read was titled "So I just leveled from 1-100 with the new system" - This was posted on Thursday - TWO DAYS AFTER THE CHANGES. It does not take that long to level; I don't see why this is such a huge issue. Players should never have been able to solo dungeons or 1 shot mobs while leveling. I like Blizzard's new leveling approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragerblade View Post
    That is a lie, The game is not harder now.

More engaged? LMAO
    yep, is more challenging to some players. It's fun to see the mechanics of bosses and fights which most people have cruised through until recently.