Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

What a farce the game has become, and more...

Blizzard can't just drop support for World of Warcraft and its servers overnight, because that would be a massive PR disaster. Regardless, the potential profits they still see in Overwatch vastly outweigh the lingering profits still in WoW after the disaster that was WoD. So, they're trying to slowly get rid of us, while devoting more and more resources to Overwatch:

Weird RNG and grinds.
    Lack of communication from/with anybody involved in any kind of development.
    Creation of Classic servers to distract people from the dumpster fire that Live is becoming.
    Undocumented changes that only seem to break things.
    Almost complete negligence to the PvP scene.
    Pre-existing game-breaking, immersion-ruining bugs that persist to this day.
    Increasingly rushed, untested, unbalanced patches.
    Sigh...

If WoW was like this from the beginning, the game would be resigned to the forgotten joke-bins of yesteryear.

We never saw anything like this before Warlords of Draenor.

Either they are trying to get rid of us or they have just resorted to doing the bare minimum, the absolute necessary to keep their race to the bottom of the brain stem going for those who are still not awake yet (and will probably never be).

--------------------------------------------------

Let's assume WoW has 1 million subscribers, which makes 15 million dollars a month. (Still much, much more than any MMO still on the market, remember.)

Overwatch has sold around 30 million copies, which is at least 1.2 billion dollars from the up-front cost alone, not even accounting for lootboxes and holiday events.

It takes 80 months, or around 7 years, of World of Warcraft existing at its current state, to make up that 1.2 billion dollars, from sub costs alone.

World of Warcraft doesn't make that much money anymore. Less and less attention is given to detail, interior surprises, creative landscapes, immersive boss quotes/voice acting, etc. These small things are indicative of somethingmore significant: less and less damn is given about the game at Blizzard headquarters.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2018-01-22 at 11:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post

Let's assume WoW has 1 million subscribers, which makes 15 million dollars a month. (Still much, much more than any MMO still on the market, remember.)

Overwatch has sold around 30 million copies, which is at least 1.2 billion dollars from the up-front cost alone, not even accounting for lootboxes and holiday events.

It takes 80 months, or around 7 years, of World of Warcraft existing at its current state, to make up that 1.2 billion dollars, from sub costs alone.
    There you said it yourself, you don't have facts your just guessing in the wild. Btw why would you kill two totally diffrent games? Instead of having them both? Btw the model of wow is unique and brings in a vast amount of money for nearly no work at a month's rate. Plus you count in overwatch game sales but no wow expansionsales?

Just think a little bit more before you make a DOOM threat please

**edit because of grammar

Right, well that's a load of bollocks.

But just to poke some holes in your 'theory' from a finance point of view.

You realise a great deal of people play WoW and OW right? If they are trying to get rid of us, they'd still already have a chunk of us playing OW and just lost the income from wow.

+ not every person would switch from WoW to OW?

Oh also, you make reference to WoW sub cost against copies of of OW sold but you're ignoring so many factors to make it sound worse than it is.

1) Length of time WoW has been going.
    2) The different sub options available
    3) You say "not even accounting for lootboxes and holiday events", but you don't even acknowledge paid services in wow or in the in-game store.
    4) You haven't taken any base game or expansions into consideration either.
    5) and I can be really nit picky, but playing WoW in the first place is what got me (and I'd imagine others) into other blizzard titles. This might not increase WoW intake but it does the company over all.

Sounds to me like you've just got pissed off with the game and throwing a tantrum

Deleted
    So it takes 80 months, huh? Are you also assuming that expansions are free?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McHamr View Post
    There you said it yourself, you don't have facts your just guessing in the wild. Btw why would you kill two totally diffrent games? Instead of having them both? Btw the model of wow is unique and brings in a vast amount of money for nearly no work at a month's rate. Plus you count in overwatch game sales but no wow expansionsales?

Just think a little bit more before you make a DOOM threat please

**edit because of grammar
    Read the full post. Clearly their hearts are not beating as hard for the game as they were. Which was my point.

Also, the 1 million thing was just a random hypothesis

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird RNG and grinds.
    untested, unbalanced patches.

If WoW was like this from the beginning, the game would be resigned to the forgotten joke-bins of yesteryear.
    This part made me lolz
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    This part made me lolz
    Yeah I know what you mean. Patches after 4.1 were launched flawlessly for the most part, though. In WoD came a huge downgrade, culminating in the fiasco that Legion patch days are. It is evident that less fucks are given and more and more incomplete content is being dished out. Blizzard has long been bereft of its glory.

Sorry bud but your 1 million subs mark is a little low, try 5 million at least and then change your math accordingly.

Deleted
    Except your logic is garbage. WoW also has "copies" sold in terms of the main game + expansion.
    WoW does not have 1 million subs, it probably still has over 5 million.
    A fair comparison will be Overwatch copies vs WoW + Xpacs copies sold and lootboxes to subs + shop

Nothing of what you just said makes any sort of sense.

Deleted
    Blizzard can't just drop support for World of Warcraft and its servers overnight, because that would be a massive PR disaster. Regardless, the potential profits they still see in Overwatch vastly outweigh the lingering profits still in WoW after the disaster that was WoD. So, they're trying to slowly get rid of us, while devoting more and more resources to Overwatch:

Weird RNG and grinds.
    Creation of Classic servers to distract people from the dumpster fire that Live is becoming.
    Sigh...

Either they are trying to get rid of us or they have just resorted to doing the bare minimum, the absolute necessary to keep their race to the bottom of the brain stem going for those who are still not awake yet (and will probably never be).

World of Warcraft doesn't make that much money anymore. Less and less attention is given to detail, interior surprises, creative landscapes, immersive boss quotes/voice acting, etc. These small things are indicative of somethingmore significant: less and less damn is given about the game at Blizzard headquarters.
    I feel sorry for you. If your life is this empty that you have to make a tantrum on the forums... poor you. You want me to donate a euro to you so you can buy an icecream?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing they care about is the money in your pockets. Wow can go either way depending on their design choices and I can't wait to see what, if any, impact Classic will have. I feel about BfA as I did about MoP. Cautious but curious.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This shit again then..

Then goes on to say If WoW was like this from the beginning .... it HAD ALL OF THOSE THINGS for the entire time in vanilla, what the hell are you talking about

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    This shit again then..
    Yeah, some of us think critically. Time to wake up maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post

Then goes on to say If WoW was like this from the beginning .... it HAD ALL OF THOSE THINGS for the entire time in vanilla, what the hell are you talking about
    Oh come on. It has been better during the earlier years. What I mean is a complete U-turn...

Patch stability and PvP have been a complete downgrade... EVEN FROM WOD

Why would someone drop free money?
    Billions from Overwatch + Millions from WoW ist still more than just Billions from Overwatch

7+ Year Old Account

Weird RNG and grinds.
    Sigh...

lol what?
    your logic is just... what the fuck?
    "The amount of money lost for just dropping wow is much less then they would less by making 10 years of shitty expansions"
    are you...
    oh wait its potentio, nevermind, the usual
    btw they have about 3 million, not 1 mil.
    also you forget wow has a ton of money from expansions, and microtransactions, you cant go "overwatch makes this plus this from microtransactions" then go "Yeah but wow makes nothing from microtransactions"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

You think they are intentionally trying to get rid of their player base? That's some seriously stupid tin foil hat bs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    You think they are intentionally trying to get rid of their player base? That's some seriously stupid tin foil hat bs.
    Nope. Read pls.

Current devs are gnats standing on the shoulders of giants.

The fact that the OW dev team is so good has nothing to do with the WoW dev team being bad. WoW dev team has always been bad and I actually think they are improving bit by bit. Them doing live Q&A's is something they do now, but didnt do before. The lead dev is also actually trying to repair the shit his precursors caused (i.e. better leveling experience).
    The OW dev team is incredible. Sure they have their weakpoints, but they are something I've never seen before. They are communicating so well with their playerbase and actually take feedback to heart, which is rarely seen. I think this should be the base for other companies moving forward, but you can't expect them to be at this level from one day to another.

Also: You can't just put on your tinfoil hat just because some things seem to support your crazy theories.
    Correlation =/= Causation.

10+ Year Old Account
    You call it critical thinking, the common person would call it subjective thinking, the discussion boards would just say it is your opinion to think like so. And I have to say, I agree with some of your points and disagree with a whole lot of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Read pls.

Current devs are gnats standing on the shoulders of giants.
    Yes? And? You have to start somewhere when the giants all die out or find a new land to claim theirs.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..