Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    If the HM and LF wouldnt be so god damn uninteresting maybe more would pay attention to them.
    Each to it's own. I personally find NB insufferable by now because of the drama on forums. And LF actually grown on me, they give Scarlet Crusade vibe, so I hope they won't be goodie two shoe like the current Draenei, and won't be afraid to get their hands dirty.

As for Highmountain, they fit perfectly with Horde the fact that there are various tribes like Skyhorn or Rivermane adds extra flavor to them as well.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Thalyssra is an awful leader because she got herself involved in a war that she has no stake in and didn't even have to join in the first place

The Nightborne joining any faction is IMO shitty writing

Highmountain I can understand, because the Horde already seemed somewhat allied with the Horde (several highmountain tauren NPCs)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    So, my brother opened a GM ticket about the Uuna Suramar stage bugging for him, with all the NPCs inside being hostile and himself unable to complete it. The GM informed him that it's indeed a bug since the Nightborne inside Suramar are supposed to be Horde allied now and are shown as hostile to Alliance players. So, does this mean Allied Races confirmed for the 30th? Yay?
    GMs are customer support and don't know shit about the actual development. They just check Wowhead

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    GMs are customer support and don't know shit about the actual development. They just check Wowhead
    They do have a cheatsheet/internal wiki of sorts for current, known issues.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Thalyssra is an awful leader because she got herself involved in a war that she has no stake in and didn't even have to join in the first place
    What business did Turkey have in the Korean War? They were there to be able join the ranks of NATO, and nothing else. Does actual history have shitty writing now?

Offering military aid, like it or not, is a well-regarded way to join power blocs and alliances, and such relationships are incredibly useful for an emergent power's survival and the establishment of its position in the power relations of the world they are stepping into.

This aid usually takes the form of strategic and logistic cooperation, trade deals and only a token force to actually contribute to the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    They do have a cheatsheet/internal wiki of sorts for current, known issues.
    But in this case, I can guarantee that it's just them looking up "Nightborne in Suramar 7.3.5" and finding datamining posts.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem is that the whole group seems to be joining, instead of just some part (adventurous part, like Wandering Isle Pandaren). Especially for the Nightborne, it makes little sense that a whole group of people that remained isolated for so long would just accept that Thalyssra decides to join a large-scale conflict, just after they escaped from one ( Legion takeover of Suramar).
    Hence, it would (imo) make more sense than current state, if they were Pandaren-like neutrals who could join any faction without a clear leader, instead being independent adventurers with their own choice. Same might make sense for void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    What business did Turkey have in the Korean War? They were there to be able join the ranks of NATO, and nothing else. Does actual history have shitty writing now?

Offering military aid, like it or not, is a well-regarded way to join power blocs and alliances, and such relationships are incredibly useful for an emergent power's survival and the establishment of its position in the power relations of the world they are stepping into.

This aid usually takes the form of strategic and logistic cooperation, trade deals and only a token force to actually contribute to the fighting.
    The thing is, the Nightborne literally were in a bubble for such a long time, they don't know shit about this world.

You'd think they do a bit of thinking before pledging yourself to Elisande 2.0 based on "Tyrande was a meanie girl!". Their whole Horde joining thing seems to be based on the fact that they are like the Blood Elves, but that doesn't really help you much when you have to throw the probably small remaining populus at the Alliance, fighting things most of the Nightborne have never seen or have dealt with.

Guys, there is a Nightborne thread already.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    So, my brother opened a GM ticket about the Uuna Suramar stage bugging for him, with all the NPCs inside being hostile and himself unable to complete it. The GM informed him that it's indeed a bug since the Nightborne inside Suramar are supposed to be Horde allied now and are shown as hostile to Alliance players. So, does this mean Allied Races confirmed for the 30th? Yay?
    I hate the fact that now Nighborne are my enemy... after that I, as a player, saved Thalyssra and her people...
    but is another confirmation that Allied races will came in a couple of weeks, even if I'm convinced will happen at 30th Jenuary.

The real question now is: the beta will start when BfA will be avaiable for preorder?

For promotional reasons I think yes.
    Last edited by Tartys; 2018-01-22 at 10:46 AM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Deleted
    The entire BfA story was shoe-horned just for faction conflict. The Nightborne part is just a symptom of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The entire BfA story was shoe-horned just for faction conflict. The Nightborne part is just a symptom of it.
    Well that's at least true. Without this unnecessary conflict, we'd maybe get the Allied Races as neutral ones.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    I think the problem is that the whole group seems to be joining, instead of just some part (adventurous part, like Wandering Isle Pandaren). Especially for the Nightborne, it makes little sense that a whole group of people that remained isolated for so long would just accept that Thalyssra decides to join a large-scale conflict, just after they escaped from one ( Legion takeover of Suramar).
    Hence, it would (imo) make more sense than current state, if they were Pandaren-like neutrals who could join any faction without a clear leader, instead being independent adventurers with their own choice. Same might make sense for void elves.
    hmmm the citizens of the UN are not allied with the UN.

Thalyssra is no doubt wanting to open trade. and she might show good faith by sending what little miltary she has. The nightborn are more likely to send magi-technomancers. I'm sure the horde could benefit from 10 thousand years of experience with wards, and utilizing new knowledge of the arcandore to create magical devices that are friendly to nature in places like ogrimmar and mul'gore.

thats yalls problem, people are acting like every single citizen is forming a lynch mob to kill alliance children.

far as we know there will only be a few dozen govt backed nightborne aiding the horde and a few hundred nightborn adventuerers and Traders leaving their city.

and alot of yall are stuck on the completely made up idea that the nightborne are going to war with the alliance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    thats a blatant lie. how do you hope to have a rational discussion if you are going to literally make stuff up.

Sylvannas literally wants to kill all the alliance. 2 warchiefs ago the horde was trying to enslave all the alliance.
    and then there is that whole 'blatant genocide' thing.

reality doesnt stop being reality just because yall keep the world from exploding
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account
    I am feeling pretty good about next week chances of beta/ preorders, hope the rumors are true!
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    thats a blatant lie. how do you hope to have a rational discussion if you are going to literally make stuff up.

Sylvannas literally wants to kill all the alliance. 2 warchiefs ago the horde was trying to enslave all the alliance.
    and then there is that whole 'blatant genocide' thing.

reality doesnt stop being reality just because yall keep the world from exploding
    it's a blatant fact.

sylvanas, genn, alleria, vereesa, jaina. they're all just excuses to have faction conflict. they're not real characters at this point, not like khadgar.

they exist for the sole purpose of making sure that blizzard doesn't have to just come out and say "idk man, we just want faction conflict, so here"

faction conflict is stupid, and it will remain stupid. it was never the core of warcraft, like people like to claim. it only got kicked off with wow, and they're too deep into having the faction split to correct that idiotic mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Is there anything except Seething Shore that could get activated this week? (assuming AR are for 30th)
    I kinda wondering if patch 7.3.5 will bring new content every week or what.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas wants Immortality, not conquest.

She's willing to conquer FOR her immortality, but it's not the end-goal itself.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I kinda wondering if patch 7.3.5 will bring new content every week or what.
    If there's something new this week then Allied Races on the 30th are pretty likely story line-wise. I would also understand if they wait a few weeks before releasing the next few quests. Need to hold people over for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    faction conflict is stupid, and it will remain stupid. it was never the core of warcraft, like people like to claim. it only got kicked off with wow, and they're too deep into having the faction split to correct that idiotic mistake.
    I think with how the story of BfA is appearing to shape up, the entire conflict being stupid and not really making sense from a rational PoV is kinda the point. Something's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    sylvanas, genn, alleria, vereesa, jaina. they're all just excuses to have faction conflict. they're not real characters at this point, not like khadgar.
    Something's wrong when the goofy age-changing wizard that sees the players as his eager minions is one of the better-written main characters.

Not that I blame Blizzard, for anything involving the faction conflict, I blame those that claim the "war" in Warcraft has to stand for "Humans vs Orcs".
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2018-01-22 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Something's wrong when the goofy age-changing wizard that sees the players as his eager minions is one of the better-written main characters.
    Don't fuck with Khadgar, he can change statues into Bud Light or make you immortal.