Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So Shaw, Genn, Gallywix and Sylvanas are the villains of this expansion, while anduin remains blameless
    No, not at all. There are many things at play atm.

-Azurite is the product of Gorshalach (Sargeras' sword) infusing Azeroth with death energy while Azeroth itself is chaos, the titan of chaos. So what happens when death and disorder mix according to warcrafts cosmic map? Order is created, represented in the form of crystals and u can see exactly that illustrated on the charts interaction between the both.

- The horde v alliance theme is an intentional misdirection. Blizz has played horde vs alliance xpac hype before, MOP. The real threat was the remnants of y'shaarj and our fucking up pandaria by trying to get some sort of advantage on the other faction. This leads to next poing:

- Hakkar the soulflayer, Queen Azshara, perhaps even N'Zoth will make an apperance. The real threat is under the sea.

-Keep in mind that every world tree is a portal to the emerald dream, it is a way that whatever is in the rift of aln can come into our realm of reality. Perhaps the burning of Tel'drassil may not be an act of war but Sylvanas trying to save us from something. Remember Il'Gynoths quotes about the 5 torches to light our path, perhaps that means 5 trees destroyed and having their blessing wards fail and ushering in the rebirth of the black empire.

Anyhow, this is all fun to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    The horde v alliance theme is an intentional misdirection. Blizz has played horde vs alliance xpac hype before, MOP. The real threat was the remnants of y'shaarj and our fucking up pandaria by trying to get some sort of advantage on the other faction.
    Yeah, this. It's very much like MoP. It STARTS out as a lot of Horde vs Alliance, until we find out how much we've messed up or how much we've adverdantly been helping a greater enemy's plans. They'll probably mix the two, like we had mogu and mantid and sha on one hand, and the Krasarang/Bell stuff on the other going on same time.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

No, not at all. There are many things at play atm.

-Azurite is the product of Gorshalach (Sargeras' sword) infusing Azeroth with death energy while Azeroth itself is chaos, the titan of chaos. So what happens when death and disorder mix according to warcrafts cosmic map? Order is created, represented in the form of crystals and u can see exactly that illustrated on the charts interaction between the both.
    That's.... complete bull. Disorder and Order are opposites, there is nothing indicating combining Disorder and Death creates Order, and Sargeras is the only Titan of Disorder as far as we know. In fact, naturally Titans are directly associated with Order, which is why they were so weak to Sargeras' Fel-based attack, Fel being Disorder magic.

For that matter, we have no idea what kind of energy Gorshalach is infused with.

I agree with the whole war being misdirection, though. Possibly even in-story. Definitely to the players, although that one is pretty transparent if you pay any attention at all.

I'm not sure where you're getting that stuff about World Trees and the Emerald Dream, either. Destroying the trees would be counterproductive, as that would close the portal.

Tbh when I did the quest I thought it was absolutely idiotic to go to some random underling to relay such important information when it is clearly meant for the highest leaders of the Horde/Alliance. Especially since Magni tells you how your voice carries such great weight among your faction leaders.
    Last edited by Sangris; 2018-01-23 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Tbh when I did the quest I thought it was absolutely idiotic to go to some random underling to relay such important informations when it is clearly meant for the highest leaders of the Horde/Alliance. Especially since Magni tells you how your voice carries such great weight among your faction leaders.
    I'm rather annoyed that i don't get an option to actually be the Hero of Azeroth rather than having to participate in this ridiculous war despite better knowledge, to be honest. Particularly as a Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    That kind of thing. Which, again, I have no idea where I saw this and cannot back up that this is an actual thing, so as far as I know I imagined it entirely.
    Well, we know for sure it isn't being said in the currently available Alliance quests.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's.... complete bull. Disorder and Order are opposites, there is nothing indicating combining Disorder and Death creates Order, and Sargeras is the only Titan of Disorder as far as we know. In fact, naturally Titans are directly associated with Order, which is why they were so weak to Sargeras' Fel-based attack, Fel being Disorder magic.

For that matter, we have no idea what kind of energy Gorshalach is infused with.

I agree with the whole war being misdirection, though. Possibly even in-story. Definitely to the players, although that one is pretty transparent if you pay any attention at all.

I'm not sure where you're getting that stuff about World Trees and the Emerald Dream, either. Destroying the trees would be counterproductive, as that would close the portal.
    All titans have arcane origins, again LOOK at the cosmic chart, ull see what i mean. The interaction between disorder and death creates rebirth/reorigination. Sargeras wants to destroy all life to then recreate in his design.

Azeroth is not a titan of chaos. There are NO titans of chaos, aside from Sargeras, who was corrupted by it. Titans are beings of ARCANE.
    There is absolutely zero proof, zero evidence, zero reasons to believe mixing Death and Disorder creates order.
    There is no reason to believe what Sargeras' sword is infusing in Azeroth is Death, aside from your speculation and "oh, there's bones on the sword". The red energy is most likely Fel, which can be red, as we've seen multiple times.

Perhaps the burning of Tel'drassil may not be an act of war but Sylvanas trying to save us from something.
    How many times must Sylvannas herself say she wants war until you people realise she wants war?

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    I remember it as well, but it was probably from the many threads created here trying to make it canon.
    not seeing many threads here....

All titans have arcane origins, again LOOK at the cosmic chart, ull see what i mean. The interaction between disorder and death creates rebirth/reorigination. Sargeras wants to destroy all life to then recreate in his design.
    Okay, stop there. Are you aware that Blizzard - Kosak in particular when he was still working in WoW team - already told us not to read to deep into that chart, as it wasn't created with that purpose in mind? The chart was only to show the attributes of each individual cosmic force - i.e: Disorder has the Attribute of Fire (Passion & Fury) and Air (Cunning & Madness). Trying to interpret anything else, like interaction between forces like you are doing, is reading too much into it and creating headcanons. Kosak was replying in Twitter to a guy who was asking about interpretations of the relationships between the cosmic forces, similar but a bit different from you who are trying to interpret the result of their interactions.

And I must be blind, but I can't see rebirth / re-origination written anywhere in that chart. Would you mind circling that part out, just because I'm curious?
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    And I must be blind, but I can't see rebirth / re-origination written anywhere in that chart. Would you mind circling that part out, just because I'm curious?
    I don't think reorigination is an energy of its own. but rather a process that involves multiple energies or essences all at once. The Halls of Origination in Uldum made use of four constructs who seemed intrinsically connected to the reorigination device present there - it made use of Arcane energy (through Isiset), life or natural energy (through Ammunae), Shadow energy (through Setesh), and fire or possible Light energy (through Rajh). The combination of these energies seems to be required for reorigination to occur.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think reorigination is an energy of its own. but rather a process that involves multiple energies or essences all at once. The Halls of Origination in Uldum made use of four constructs who seemed intrinsically connected to the reorigination device present there - it made use of Arcane energy (through Isiset), life or natural energy (through Ammunae), Shadow energy (through Setesh), and fire or possible Light energy (through Rajh). The combination of these energies seems to be required for reorigination to occur.
    I agree. I was just curious since the poster I quoted was telling us to look at the chart and we will see the interaction between Death and Disorder creates rebirth / re-origination, but I couldn't see Re-Origination or anything implying the process anywhere in that chart :P
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    not seeing many threads here....
    There are enough that people think this fake news is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I do remember something similar from Horde version of the quests in Silithus - you return Magni's words to Grol Warblade (the Horde equivalent of Nolan Speed) and he dismisses it for the most part, stating that he'll inform the Warchief but that the operations will continue. I haven't done the Alliance version of the quests yet so I don't know if Nolan makes a similar comment, but it's possible he does and that's what's being referred to.
    Yes, it's the same for Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Tbh when I did the quest I thought it was absolutely idiotic to go to some random underling to relay such important information when it is clearly meant for the highest leaders of the Horde/Alliance. Especially since Magni tells you how your voice carries such great weight among your faction leaders.
    This is what pisses me off in whole BfA affair. I want to stop the war, not fuel it - but it doesnt seems like Blizzard will give me a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    How many times must Sylvannas herself say she wants war until you people realise she wants war?
    Amen. I doubt people realise without war, her race will cease to exist in mass quantities because simply war provides so many causalities for Sylvanas to basically procreate.