Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Mildly off-topic but... unlike in the Americas where it's weirdly hip to be monolingual (even in South America), most people in Europe are at least bilingual, and often speak three or more languages.
    Thing is, over here there's not much reason TO learn more than 1 language... Over in the EU it's basically like every country there is how a state is here... You're in very close proximity to places which primarily speak other languages, so there's use in it... I have to travel nearly 2,000 miles (3218km) to get to Mexico, and the chances of me running into someone who isn't fluent in English in any state anywhere near me is almost 0.

That being said, I think being monolingual is a good thing, and our species as a whole would be better off if everyone spoke the same language (not saying that one language should be English, for the record).
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-01-24 at 08:08 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NomCarver View Post
    Well, as of now it is not fun, especially when the gear sucks and I can only imagine how frustrating for new players it is.
    Where does the gear suck? The dungeons I have been in from 20-30, the gear that drops is actually better in stats most of the time than my BOAS??? You could even say "hell to my 10% and il have a damage increase for abit" lol.

For new players? are you kidding me? It's an MMORPG, it is meant to be explored, if a new player is in a zone, learning about the dungeon that is at the end etc doing the storyline, its great, Dungeons back then took 5-7 to do before you leveled anyway, not sure why people think doing 2-3 dungeons is out of their league.

I remember when I was new, and couldn't wait to do Deadmines lol, even though it gave me maybe half a level per run, there was NO xp reward at the end, or barely any more exp when you killed a boss, oh and not to mention the fact it took maybe an hour back then , Polymorphing certain mobs so you didn't get ruined.

The only thing I hate about this patch is people keep asking for vanilla, massive uproar in the community saying "YAY", and when blizz change a little thing in the main game, to level a little slower, kill things abit more at a normal pace instead of one shotting every mob, people cry, and whine, saying "it's too slow" "no point doing this, never going to level" blablabla..... People are going to have a very, very upsetting experience once vanilla hits again lol.

This has been the best change for WoW in a very, very long time.

Edit: I tried getting my GF to play WoW with RAF couple months back, we eventually just got bored at level 77, yes we could go back to the zones etc, but what was the point? You had a timer over your head to get to max level or something with a massive XP bonus, wanted the most for our money, couldn't really do much else IMO until the thing was over.

Changes to RAF are good IMO, if you want to level an alt, then you have to put some time into it like we all had to years ago , this change might bring more players into the game.
    Last edited by mmoc1b67afd830; 2018-01-24 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekys12yearold brother View Post
    no everything goes fine in Europe until we invite a Russian.
    then they just kind of rush B pulling 4 packs in your +18 call you shit and leave.
    that's why i actively avoid them now.

Real talk tho, whats with them only speaking English to start arguments?
    Fuck you, mate.

Sincerely, a Russian.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Fuck you, mate.

Sincerely, a Russian.
    ^^ Russian Way.

Perhaps before, but now I think it is better. Mechanics actually matter a lot more. The problem is why que for tank and healer when the game wants you to switch to a dps spec and quest only.
    Maybe you like tanking when in dungeons.

It takes 3 seconds to swap specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    ^^ Russian Way.
    That's how we bond. As is tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    That's how we bond. As is tradition.
    I know. I got Russian friends.

I forget if it's the same at lower levels, but at least at higher ones questing has always been about as fast as dungeons, if not faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Leveling 6 new allied races to 20 to 120 is gonna take forever with the new change to exp... I don't think blizzard thought the leveling process through to well yes when you get to 90 it goes faster but for gods sakes why make 1-90 so damn slow... and yes the heirloom nerfs was well needed but now only seem worth wearing when turning quests in.. anyways... imho they should have just left it as it was... we don't need retail starting to be like classic or any close to that.
    Exp is not the issue, scaling hp is the issue and I am not talking about the normal mobs. I had strategically placed a few different level alts in different level zones to see how things were going to be after the patch and results are messed up. I actually like the change to normal mob hps now, being able to complete a rotation on a mob before it drops dead is great! but the "boss" or elite hp mobs are FUCKED UP. you don't realize it much on azeroth but as soon as you move over to BC or wotlk areas, the boss hps are just ridiculously high. Some of them are ok because you just kite them or take a little longer to kill but some of them have abilties, gap closers, or designed to be group killed back when the content is current and you can't just sustain that much damage those elites output. There are a couple quests that I couldn't finish in wotlk and wod zones because the mob boss had healthpools that would take me 5 mins of constant dps to kill while surviving its damage somehow..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmyan View Post
    Leveling only through spamming dungeons and never leaving your capital was utter nonsense and the symptom of broken game design.

It is fine now with only having to do each dungeon once to benefit from the quests.

In my opinion leveling players shouldn't even have access to the LFD tool, the zone storylines should bring them there as it used to.
    It's not fine now and never will be until Blizzard releases all class skills. The current situation is you've got people playing 1/5th of a class all the way up to 60 and then another fifth every now and then to 110. We need all class skills released at level 1 or a talent tree return to the old 3 tier multi choice form because as is, everyone is grinding down silly hp mobs in dungeons that reward next to nothing of value compared to the time they require, with a toolbox that contains only a fraction of the tools it should hold.

Blizzard has no idea what they're doing at this point and the crutch that it's "for new players" is beyond infantile as the influx of new players is just nonexistent.

P.S. I've never understood the prejudice against Russian or Brazilian or whatever players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yeah, they are completely pointless now. Might as well remove them to be honest.

Deleted
    These changes are great. As for interrupts, its a group communication issue. Not all classes need interrupts, you should rely on other group members to do interrupts/cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    P.S. I've never understood the prejudice against Russian or Brazilian or whatever players.
    I think the theory goes:
    - a large percentage of any humans behave as assholes in anonymous online interactions.
    - They are mostly a blur, nothing stands out
    - Russian names are recognizable due to the Cyrillic.
    - So, a same large percentage of Russians will be assholes
    - they stand out in the blur, I notice so i develop the prejudice that every Russian it is an asshole.

It's basically a bug in our innate reinforcement algorithm due to non-uniform tagging

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    Completely disagree. Dungeons are so much more fun. As a healer I actually have to heal something.
    Totally agree with this statement. I leveled a shaman healer pre-7.3.5 and god was it boring. Stand there doing nothing and throw an instant heal from time to time. Sure you can dps but I created a healer for a reason right? Then I decided to continue leveling my priest after patch and healers finally get to do something other than afk!

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    I'm confused with the term "levelling dungeons" based on my own experience of levelling and doing dungeons, admittedly not for a few years but doing dungeons has never been efficient and the only time you ever did them was to either do any quests relating to the dungeon, for a bit of gear to help questing or for a break from questing, I wasn't aware anyone used them specifically for levelling and even called them "levelling dungeons" simply because the xp has always been shit.
    Depends on the role. Don't know in the last years, but it used to be that as healer or even more so as tank you had almost zero downtime due insta queue pops. So for tanks just chain running instances was the fastest way to level. You also get into this 'flow' state, which can be very enjoyable. It's been a long time, but from what I read about the dungeons now I think I might level a tank this way. I don't care if it is less efficient. I'll quest on my dps characters. Brings a bit of variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    unlike in the Americas where it's weirdly hip to be monolingual (even in South America), most people in Europe are at least bilingual, and often speak three or more languages.
    You're right! It's weirdly hip here to only speak the same language that most of the people within hundreds and/or thousands of miles around us speaks, and that the country to the north of us pretty much uses as a main language as well. Oh, let's not forget the country across the Atlantic who is our closest ally, and that we get a good portion of tv shows, music, and actors from also speaks it. It's just plain odd that many of us don't know multiple languages that would be virtually useless for us to know. Good call out there!

Deleted
    Not to mention, often times the LA realms have players you can't even communicate with (must be a mess in the EU)
    In the EU, most realms are grouped by language for queuable content (German with German, French with French, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite View Post
    In the EU, most realms are grouped by language for queuable content (German with German, French with French, etc.)
    But it is widely believed enabling 'English' realms even when playing in other languages reduces queue time. I'm not sure that is objectively true, as the fastest queues occur when the balance in the queue reaches 1/1/3, not when there's more people.

Deleted
    I don't have a problem with people speaking different languages, it just sucks for everyone involved when no one can communicate.
    Basically everyone speaks English to some degree