Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Class changes blog and Demo

I hope they spend more then 10 minutes designing Demo for this expansion instead of just ignoring issues completely, no movement? Oh sorry play a different spec, Noone enjoys spamming a spell to make their pets do full damage? Sorry play something else, Umm are we ST or Multi? Hah neither you're middle of the board at both, sorry play something else.

Or here's an idea, how about you design better gameplay around my spec that has been in the game since launch

Sorry the class design for the last two expansions have filled me with salt. Can't wait to see what kinda class Demo is in BfA.

Armory^

If they just removed lifetap and DE the spec would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    I hope they spend more then 10 minutes designing Demo for this expansion instead of just ignoring issues completely, no movement? Oh sorry play a different spec, Noone enjoys spamming a spell to make their pets do full damage? Sorry play something else, Umm are we ST or Multi? Hah neither you're middle of the board at both, sorry play something else.

Or here's an idea, how about you design better gameplay around my spec that has been in the game since launch

Sorry the class design for the last two expansions have filled me with salt. Can't wait to see what kinda class Demo is in BfA.
    I'd be happy with something closer to what it was (pet synergy with shadow/ fire spells). And a lot less focus on summoning, or atleast options to do it. I understand you're salty, demo has been screwed ever since 6.2 imo. And i'm not exactly confident they'll deliver anything interesting in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    yeah, no. It'll still be dog shit.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    While I'm all for killing Life Tap in general, Demo needs a LOT more than this.

Personally I don't have high hopes. But we'll see.

Honestly, it feels like a slap in the face that they've been working on Demo since at least early Warlords and have still just left it to rot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboMog123 View Post
    Honestly, it feels like a slap in the face that they've been working on Demo since at least early Warlords and have still just left it to rot.
    Yeah....it's a kick between the legs that there is absolutely no changes while the other two specs have gotten changes...while Survival, another failed spec got a whole ton of changes...yet not one single change to Demo?

They have been twiddling their thumbs for more than a expansion and they have nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    They have been twiddling their thumbs for more than a expansion and they have nothing?
    First build. The very first. First. None before it. Lots after it.

Deleted
    Meta or bust

Most enjoyable spec I've ever played will never be again. RIP Meta, you were sacrificed to a spec on the opposite end of the engaging spectrum.

I agree, Meta or bust. It was the most fun I’ve ever had in WoW

Meta is not coming back to Demo. It makes more sense on DHs and that's where it'll stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    First build. The very first. First. None before it. Lots after it.
    Like I said...they had a whole fucking expansion to think about what they do...this is the only spec that has ever been in such horrible shape they said *we give up* and told us to wait till the next expansion for it to be fixed.

I damn well expect it to be updated in the first alpha....but I'm sure you don't care...probably just another affliction player who is playing the best warlock spec...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    probably just another affliction player who is playing the best warlock spec...
    It's what I does.

But I hope Demo works out great. It won't, but I still hope so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bigger class overhauls are generally not in the first build. Same for Outlaw probably.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Bigger class overhauls are generally not in the first build. Same for Outlaw probably.
    Thing is they stated several months ago that this spec was a failed experiment.

I can understand the worries when the first beta build contain deep change for other spec (let say SV and Arms) but nothing for demo

So yes other changes will happen with next builds but it gives the feeling that they still do not know at all what they are going to do with this spec while BFA should be release before the end of the year

At this stage we can just wait for the next builds

There seems to be a lot of hate for Locks atm.

Honestly, I agree. I stop playing my Lock because they flipped it on its head with the demo changes. I absolutely loved my Meta Demo play and wish they would have refined it instead of creating the problem they have now. They need to decide if they want the spec to be multi dot or pet management, one or the other will be fine but not both.

I'd like too see the removal of corruption and just have hand of gul drop doom passively along with your fel guard's cleave doing more damage with the ammount of demons you have active. I can't really talk much about the other specs because I've always played demo since Wrath.

In the end we have to remember that Blizzard do know what they are doing even though it might not seem it sometimes.
    Look at Boomy for example. WoD they were a disgrace and look at them now!!!!!

Have faith and be patient.

Demonology doesn't have corruption, and hand of doom does what you describe. While felguard doesn't scale with number of pets, our artifact ability, the legendary belt and demonbolt all do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibel View Post
    I'd like too see the removal of corruption and just have hand of gul drop doom passively along with your fel guard's cleave doing more damage with the ammount of demons you have active. I can't really talk much about the other specs because I've always played demo since Wrath.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=196283/hand-of-doom

I don't have a problem with HoG doom being a talent though I would love it to be base line. The only real problem I see with demon is Demonic Empowerment. I wish I could find the quote but I remember Blizzard Devs saying that maintenance buffs were no fun for classes to keep up in a rotation which lead to longer buffs/baseline etc. Then we get DE which is essentially a maintenance buff we always want up.

I wouldn't mind having a different filler spell. Maybe a channel, like drain soul, would fit better for Demo. It could also have the effects of DE worked in to still get some active pet buffing but with out requiring a separate rotation just for the buff. I thought I would miss Meta but other then having the leap (and the falling meteor glyph) I don't miss it to much.

I do miss building up fury. A demonic fury meter to unleash DE would have been a better theme. And I really want a hunter pet tame system for Warlocks. I love my felguard but would love as Demo if I could vary it with out having to lock myself into a demon type. It could also help our pets to have their abilities be removed from their model.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Demonology doesn't have corruption, and hand of doom does what you describe. While felguard doesn't scale with number of pets, our artifact ability, the legendary belt and demonbolt all do.
    Haha, true dat!!!
    Lets see how it plays out ;-)

Deleted
    Outlaw was one of the last specs if I remember correctly to get the overhaul, so it could be demo is last this time, so just relax and wait 1-2 more builds. They already fucked demo so hard it cant get worse ( Rip MoP / WoD version)