Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    She's been Warchief for ONE EXPANSION.

We didn't give Garrosh a chance for one full expansion, and he became the big bad villain at the end of his second expansion.

We didn't give Vol'jin a chance for one full expansion and he got killed right at what would have been the start of his second expansion.

Now Sylvanas has been Warchief for one full expansion and we're already considering killing her off? Is it even a surprise the Warchief doesn't do anything anymore at this point?

Maybe let's stop killing our Warchief every expansion and we might see more out of them? I'm really hoping Sylvanas sticks around and shows why she's the best choice for Warchief.
    I never said she needed to be killed, just not able to be Warchief anymore. As I stated just before, they could have keept Vol'jin as Warchief, and just put Sylvanas into the spotlight. They never needed to make her the Warchief in the first place. I don't mind or care that she get more attention, whatever they make her as a Villain or a Hero, but I personally don't want her as a Warchief.

Also I have to correct myself, she does do one thing, the thing she does in Stormheim ain't really any good of what I can tell of, but perhaps I am wrong, as we never really saw what her fully intentions was with it. Perhaps it was something for the better for the whole Horde, but I have serious doubts about it untile proven otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gallywix has one of the best Leader short stories, I should revisit it.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    A dead goblin doesn't make any money.
    I'll lay the super motto to my heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    All for himself, think about it...what would happen if the fool decided to keep this all to himself? What if he tried to mine it in private?

If the Alliance found out he would have no protection from them but his own personal numbers, if Sylvanas found out she could very well lock him up or execute him for hiding this from her.

By going to Sylvanas not only does he have her support and protection of the Horde, he likely scored some brownie points with her as well, always helps to have friends in the highest place.

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    More like Blizzard's decision to put a fan favourite in the spotlight of the story to please the fans.

I am not a fan of Sylvanas.
    It would be fun in BfA when we meet loas of various sizes they all be baffled and laugh why some dead chick is in control. And when we say they spoked to loljin, loas would respond "never heard of this guy"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    It wasn't a 180 - you just don't know how to read quest text.
    Sure. Executes a guy because he bombed a tree with druids, proceeds to drop a nuke on an entire city. Totally not a 180

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    It would be fun in BfA when we meet loas of various sizes they all be baffled and laugh why some dead chick is in control. And when we say they spoked to loljin, loas would respond "never heard of this guy"
    Hah! Yes! That would be fantastic! It would play so well on the ominous and shady stuff going on with Sylvanas!

While Thrall run around with Vol'jin ashes, and his spirit/ghost appear and go all like:
    "Wat?! But ya guys told me for sure!"
    As the Loa laughs and one speak to Vol'jin:
    "Nah mon, we nevha told ya that, beside, we nevha meet ya!"
    Thrall glares towards Vol'jin, and Vol'jin:
    "OH DON'T Give me dha look Thrall! Ya putted Garrosh on charg!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Sure. Executes a guy because he bombed a tree with druids, proceeds to drop a nuke on an entire city. Totally not a 180
    Uh, you're right, considering the "tree with druids" was a peaceful encampment full of non-combatants and Theramore is an enemy port.

Apples to oranges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbf, that was before Blizzard did a 180 with Garrosh and turned him from a honourable orc into the next crazy-for-no-reason loot piñata
    kinda goes with a point I was making on another thread, garrosh fans still upholding the belief that he either 'did nothing wrong', or was given a personality change, unable to accept he was flawed from the start and this was just natural progression for him.

- - - Updated - - -

you never once thought he was just covering his ass with that speech, just to hide the fact it inspired him?
    #boycottchina

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tbf, that was before Blizzard did a 180 with Garrosh and turned him from a honourable orc into the next crazy-for-no-reason loot piñata
    Did a 180? Go listen to Garrosh in Northrend and you will see how little he actually changed.

7+ Year Old Account
    It makes no sense while he is even apart of the Horde governing body.

He literally tried to inslave his own people, or he willingly would've let them all get blown up. I don't know how we got from that Gallywix to this Gallywix...There is a huge gap in his Character arc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Did a 180? Go listen to Garrosh in Northrend and you will see how little he actually changed.
    Go quest in Stonetalon,Twilight Highlads and you could see how much he DID change and then since people cried about him they turned him into an enemy. Its really that simple. They wanted him to be more of a True Warchief. Not a peace loving,Human hugging hippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Gallywix made the right call, but I still wish the Goblin racial leader was somebody else. Gallywix blows.
    If the price is right no job is a shame Gallywix resourceful gobo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    Hah! Yes! That would be fantastic! It would play so well on the ominous and shady stuff going on with Sylvanas!

While Thrall run around with Vol'jin ashes, and his spirit/ghost appear and go all like:
    "Wat?! But ya guys told me for sure!"
    As the Loa laughs and one speak to Vol'jin:
    "Nah mon, we nevha told ya that, beside, we nevha meet ya!"
    Thrall glares towards Vol'jin, and Vol'jin:
    "OH DON'T Give me dha look Thrall! Ya putted Garrosh on charg!"
    BTW why should other Horde races respect decision made because of ones religion? Blood elves, goblins, orcs, taurens, forsakens and even pandas dont share the troll viewpoint. For them his decision made as much sense as he would tell "my left nutsack told me so, she will be warchief, many will not understand, im super cereal guys".

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, you're right, considering the "tree with druids" was a peaceful encampment full of non-combatants and Theramore is an enemy port.

Apples to oranges.
    Looking what balance, feral and guardian druds can do i say they are fully capable to be force to be reckon with if need be.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    BTW why should other Horde races respect decision made because of ones religion? Blood elves, goblins, orcs, taurens, forsakens and even pandas dont share the troll viewpoint. For them his decision made as much sense as he would tell "my left nutsack told me so, she will be warchief, many will not understand, im super cereal guys"..
    Why would they disrespect the Troll's religion and deny the possibilities?

Tauren - Worship the Earth Mother
    Orcs - Speak to the spirits of their ancestors.
    Blood Elves - Owe the Naaru for cleansing the Sunwell.
    Pandarian - Follow the August Celestials.
    Forsaken - Still believe in the Light.
    All Elves believe in Elune.

I think he's right in that Gallywix is relatively easy to understand and control. Give him money and he'll stay on your side. He's a simple creature and you can't do much that will actually piss him off. Well unless you're Garrosh and just try to seize the Goblin's gold for no reason.

He may betray Sylvanas during BfA, however. We'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gallywix is playing the right cards, he would be in bigger trouble if he didn't announce it. Hence he started the process and then approached Sylvanas, so if she was against it, he would still have enough to hide away.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

BTW why should other Horde races respect decision made because of ones religion? Blood elves, goblins, orcs, taurens, forsakens and even pandas dont share the troll viewpoint. For them his decision made as much sense as he would tell "my left nutsack told me so, she will be warchief, many will not understand, im super cereal guys".

I would agree with shadowmatrix that I believe the other races should at least respect other cultures/religion, although I am pretty sure that none of them never meet Bwonsamdi, but if they did, they might be bit sceptical about it, considering that Bwonsamdi is on no ones side in all of this. So at least, the other races should been more questionable about the whole situation. Perhaps they could make quests around it, perhaps someone else close to the Loa could start to look into it and see if this is really the truth or not. Like Rokhan! Also given that poor fella some more spotlight. And we could follow a interesting storyline with him(something like Vol'jin back in Mop), where he try to find reasons behind loas action apointing Sylvanas as Warchief.

The Loa chose Sylvanas for it? But why? There ain't even a explanation about it. Just the "Many will not understand.", "Yeh Vol'jin, we don't understand, so tell us why please!" "... I-.. I don't have any more script then that!? What? Fanservice? I can't say that!"

I hope it's something we are going to explore in BfA, since we are going to meet more Loas then, and then I do really hope that it is some sort of a huge mistake. Would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Yet Vol'jin did nothing as Warchief.
    Considering the next expansion is Warlords of Draenor. I doubt any important leader went to go to the AU universe, seems a dumbass move by Blizzard to randomly make Vol'jin go. But it didn't help that he was offed in Legion, not exactly the best thing to say "he did nothing" when the entire story wouldn't even allow it.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-01-25 at 09:46 AM.

I dont talk about respecting or not some people magic rock. I say to not base political and military decision because one magic rock said so. Also loas are not even in any way invested into horde. Even not all troll tribes believe in them.

15+ Year Old Account

Looking what balance, feral and guardian druds can do i say they are fully capable to be force to be reckon with if need be.
    Irrelevant. You can be a black belt walking the streets of Nashville and you're still a noncombatant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Considering the next expansion is Warlords of Draenor. I doubt any important leader went to go to the AU universe, seems a dumbass move by Blizzard to randomly make Vol'jin go. But it didn't help that he was offed in Legion, not exactly the best thing to say "he did nothing" when the entire story wouldn't even allow it.
    It's a statement of fact that he did nothing. It doesn't need to be a judgement.

Irrelevant. You can be a black belt walking the streets of Nashville and you're still a noncombatant.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a statement of fact that he did nothing. It doesn't need to be a judgement.
    That's also like saying it was Thrall's fault that Garrosh went off the deep end in Pandaria. But it isn't. Every character in Warcraft has a fucked up issue, down to the person themselves. I didn't see Velen go on a rampage to obtain an Old God after 25k+ years of issues unlike Garrosh. You don't see Anduin be hellbent on destroying/getting revenge on the Horde for his Father's death. And so on.

The ironic thing is people say he didn't but it shows you know nothing of the book that involved him making blood brother pact with a Human. And that's actually important because the observer and instigator of this is none of than Taran Zhu. The same Pandaren that was in league to stop the Mogu and Garrosh in accordance to people on both factions against Garrosh. From this brotherhood Taran Zhu saw there was hope and the war that Alliance versus Horde brought to their shore wasn't a hopeless cause. It's behind the scenes but it's relevant. Even though it's suggested and not in-game in a blatant fashion is why people cry ignorance and "did nothing".
    As I said being in Warlords of Draenor and away from MU, I see no-one complaining about other people in roles of leadership. Heck why do we need a story focus on Vol'jin then if it's nowhere near?

That same blood brother is in-game at Vol'jin's funeral. Considering that Bwonsamdi, who is the Loa of Death is most likely the Loa that "spoke to him" to pick Sylvanas, not to mention kinda fishy isn't it by that name drop and who he is... And actually who he picked. A woman so ept with Death and been to the Shadowlands makes you wonder no? This clearly isn't going to end with Vol'jin dying and with revisiting, including shit later on when we have Zandarlari Trolls incoming AND them being Allied.

The lack of evidence isn't evidence itself in Vol'jin's case, even though I've given an example. It's also not like Blizzard can't revisit later either, in light of retcons or other media as aforementioned.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-01-25 at 06:47 PM.