The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Official account just tweeted out a call for questions.... with an image featuring an allied race.

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/956612522043297793

#January30th
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Haha, they even made it italic. Bastards. We know you're reading the thread, Blizz!
    Exciting weeks coming up!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Probably something along the lines of it getting baked in AFTER you sacrifice your artifact or at the start of BfA content, to prevent overlaps.
    That's gonna be even weirder than completing Wrath without killing the Lich King or completing Cata without killing Deathwing, because not only do you complete Legion without killing the bosses, you have to get rid of your artifact in a massive time skip from the time you hit 110 to the time you go "oh no Sarg stabbed the planet better use my artifact"

If they hadn't made them so integrated into the leveling they could have just replaced them with greens after BfA launches. Oh well.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Specifically no, but I would be surprised if we actually lose them. After all, we can still unlock their appearances for mog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Specifically no, but I would be surprised if we actually lose them. After all, we can still unlock their appearances for mog
    Yeah but we already have them, I'm more thinking of people still getting them after BfA launches and that's not the max level content anymore
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Yeah but we already have them, I'm more thinking of people still getting them after BfA launches and that's not the max level content anymore
    So what? You get them at 98-100 (whenever you visit Legion content) and loose them when you enter BfA content. Don't see an issue with max level content there.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    Prepare for the QA to be 90% stupid questions like "Hey Blizz, any chance druids can get a dog form, I really like dogs".
    Seeing how the Q and A is with Ion it doesn't really matter if the questions are dogshit or state of the art, they will get answered with a high level of neutral PR talk anyway.

Today would be a good day to release the alpha.
    It would give time to test on the weekend, make livestreams and people ask about the news.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Seeing how the Q and A is with Ion it doesn't really matter if the questions are dogshit or state of the art, they will get answered with a high level of neutral PR talk anyway.
    Lawyer talk, not PR talk...

And it being Ion and not some other dev means actually that he is more likely to give out hints/future plan (like how he confirmed ToS will be a raid in the Q&A shortly after launch)

10+ Year Old Account
    So what? You get them at 98-100 (whenever you visit Legion content) and loose them when you enter BfA content. Don't see an issue with max level content there.
    How crappy it will feel to get something so neat and interactive while leaving and then have nothing to do with it after? For the people who already had them you had them at max level the whole expac and got to actually use them. You won't even get them filled out while leveling during BaF and then you lose them out of nowhere. You won't even get to see what the point of them was. Just seems like a shit system once Legion is no longer endgame.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz will probably just turn off the traits once you ding 110 in a day 1 hotfix.

Boom, problem solved. Probably the same hotfix where they turn off appearances counting for transmog unlocking.

- - - Updated - - -

How crappy it will feel to get something so neat and interactive while leaving and then have nothing to do with it after? For the people who already had them you had them at max level the whole expac and got to actually use them. You won't even get them filled out while leveling during BaF and then you lose them out of nowhere. You won't even get to see what the point of them was. Just seems like a shit system once Legion is no longer endgame.
    I mean that's literally why Blizz made Artifacts. Like they said as much early in Legion. It was intentionally designed to be thrown away after Legion with no lasting impact on class balance.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see an issue. You don't get to fully explore it because it's no longer needed. The whole point of our artifacts was so we absorb powers from various sources in order to defeat the Legion. After that I'm completely ok with them being just another leveling item that you replace at some point. You're trying to create an issue out of something that isn't.

If someone wants to for whatever reason to upgrade their artifact they are free to stay at 110.

5+ Year Old Account
    I expect a lot of 'We've learned a lot of lessons.'
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Blizz will probably just turn off the traits once you ding 110 in a day 1 hotfix.

Boom, problem solved. Probably the same hotfix where they turn off appearances counting for transmog unlocking.
    Turn on, you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    It's time to do a Bingo!

7+ Year Old Account
    Ion also tends to slide in some memes into the Q&A discussions

Ion also tends to slide in some memes into the Q&A discussions
    Compared to other devs, he gives good answers and often direct with explanations.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cacahuete View Post
    It's time to do a Bingo!
    Bingo? I say VODKA SHOTS sir!
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

I think Legion was good for the most part, aside from 7.3.5.

Well, the only problems I had were with TF being so extreme, Legiondaries and set bonuses, and the latter two are being solved anyway.

Bingo? I say VODKA SHOTS sir!
    I'd like to be sober for the last 55 minutes of the QA.