Can you counter frost mage in wpvp???

As the title reads. Looking for tips and ideas on how to counter a well played frost mage who uses both the Vargoth buff (20 or 25% spell power buff to spells) and the blink robes + prydaz. We are equally geared but I cannot seem to dent their hp let alone catch them. And when i do I am eventuallty polyed into a glacial spike fury combo and at 50% or less hp.

I know wpvp isn’t very balanced but I am looking for some counterplay ideas that just don’t seem to exist. With the amount of absorb hp and two blocks plus endless roots and slows. I don’t think it is possible to lose as a frost mage in wpvp.

What class are you? It's not that difficult on a rogue, especially if you're abusing vanishing powder.

Frost Mage here. I haven't done any world PvP yet, so IDK about legendary items. Mainly just doing 3v3s. What I can say, is that the most annoying enemies are blood elf warriors, paladins, and rogues is especially frustrating. They have a multitude of silences, interrupts, stuns, and seem to easily escape my crowd control. Doesn't matter how much I slow a warrior; they can charge me two times in a row, leap from 40 feet away, and the charge again even though I've thrown out a Frozen Orb and blinked away twice. They never stop! Paladins have the answer to everything, with Hand of Freedom, instant healing, bubbles, and divine steed. Rogues simply stun me, vanish, and then stun me again, having apparently recovered their health while my barrage of AoEs somehow missed them. Even the druid seem to just shapeshift away.

If I were you, I'd invest in items or abilities which allowed you to break CC and stun or slow cast times.

A frost mage in open world PvP with survivability based legendaries are pretty much not gonna die.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    A frost mage in open world PvP with survivability based legendaries are pretty much not gonna die.
    I figured as much. Maybe an equally geared sub could get close to a one shot or an affi could live lord and use reflect perfectly. Just dont see anything beating a mage with the setup. The arcmage buff just gives them more damage to basically kill tanks and live longer.

Hopefully BFA fixes shit like this in wpvp.

This is easily one of the most disgusting threads I have ever seen concerning WoW.

Frost Mage is HANDS DOWN the VERY WORST spec for PvP there, ironically!!!

IT IS SO BAD, THAT WARRIORS WILL FLY OVER MY DAMN HEAD, WASTING GAP CLOSERS THAT THEY DON'T EVEN NEED JUST TO SHOW OFF!!!

AND I GET IT OK, BELIEVE ME!!! I SEE IT SO WELL, JUST HOW OP YOU ARE!!!

NICE MASSIVE UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.....I MEAN SKILL THERE BRO!!!!

AND THEN Y'ALL STILL LOSE TO A FROST MAGE LOL???

The game design is so absurdly horrid OK, that they actually made it where you can't even kite some spec if they are any good at all lol, and you basically just die TRYING to run away, unless you actually manage to get away if they aren't any good, and RUN AWAY!!!

To add to how bad it all is, some of the healer spec even make us run from them, since we have NO SELF HEALS (to heal up, which does matter OK, believe me), and VERY LITTLE OTHER SURVIVABILITY COMPARED TO SOME OF THE DPS SPECS, THAT ARE LIKE A DAMN RAID BOSS THEY HAVE SO MUCH SURVIVABILITY!!! There really is no class balance AT ALL OK, and Frost Mage is like the very shortest of the short straws YO.

I bet this thread was made because of me lol, since I am known for beating other classes down EXTREMELY HARD, where I should have no chance at all OK, and I do this because of my IMMENSE SKILL YOU SEE!!!

This thread is just horrid OK, and it is a DIRECT REFLECTION of the LIES and ENTITLEMENT, and DISGUSTING FOTM REROLLING GREED THAT SO MANY OF YOU ARE ALL ABOUT OK!!!!

Do you realize there OP, that in the past, Druids were ACTUALLY advocating for Mage nerfs, when Druid had 40-50% of ALL ladders over 2200, and Mage had 1-2% lol???

Do you realize lol, that plenty of y'all are such LIARS, and are SO ABSURDLY PATHETIC, that no matter how unfair it ALREADY IS FOR YOU, YOU STILL WANT MORE???

Mage OP lol???

In fact it's THE MOST NOT OP LOL, IRONICALLY THERE YOU BADDIE!!!

Perhaps learn to play there, with your can't make an atom bomb work versus a knife???

This game went so far downhill it's absurd OK, and just FYI everyone, I deleted all my toons and have quit for now, possibly never to come back, since seeing things like this isn't making me want to lol, with your disgusting, delusional, greedy, lying asses there other WoW players.

I simply don't want to play this piece of shit anymore, and I really don't see why anyone else in their right mind would want to either, since the game design is just so absurdly horrid, and there really is no class balance at all, and you see people LIE about balance all the time, just like in this thread here, which is just SO TELLING as to how truly garbage this game is now.

Na bro, Mage isn't any good at all lol, and it's just the fact that I am like 1,000x better than all of you.....put together that I did these things OK, AND EVEN WITH BOTS Y'ALL WONT BE DOING IT ANYTIME SOON OK!!! SINCE YOUR HATEFUL, LYING, DELUSIONAL, GREEDY MINDS AREN'T IN THE RIGHT PLACE FOR IT OK, AND YOU ARE SIMPLY NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE LEVEL OF POWER I WAS TAPPING YO!!!

I AM LIKE ONEPUNCH THERE YOU HATERS!!!

WELCOME TO REALITY!!!

TAKE CARE NOW!!!

BYE BYE THEN!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    P.S.

THE BEST player in the game for PvP says otherwise moron.

If only....but reality.

Perhaps learn how to play those other EXTREMELY OP specs there, with your delusional self LOL???

IF IT'S IMPOSSIBLE, THEN WHY ARE WARRIORS WASTING THEIR GAP CLOSERS SHOWING OFF, WHILE KILLING US WITH MASSIVE DPS, SINCE THEY DON'T EVEN NEED THEM, AND IT'S EXTREMELY UNFAIR???!!! THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING IN REALITY, OK???!!!

IF MAGE IS OP, THEN WHY WAS THE TOP ONE #178 ON THE LADDER, AND BARELY OVER 2200 IN RBGS THE OTHER DAY???

WHY OH WHY???!!! I ASK YOU!!!!

HOW DOES THAT WORK THERE SPOCK??? EVER HEARD OF LOGIC???

OH THE ABSURDITY OF IT ALL LOL, YOU DAMN DIRTY LIARS!!!

AGAIN, DRUIDS ASKING FOR MAGE NERFS....WHEN DRUID HAD 40-50% OF THE LADDERS OVER 2200.....AND MAGE HAD 1-2%.....OK???!!! THAT IS THE REALITY OF HOW DELUSIONAL THAT THE WOW COMMUNITY IS!!! WAKE UP IMO!!!

THIS COMMUNITY IS DISGUSTING NOW!!! FACE IT!!!

MAGE IS SIMPLY MECHANICALLY FLAWED COMPARED TO OTHER CLASSES, OK THERE MORON???!!! GEAR DOESN'T EVEN MATTER, AND IN INSTANCED PVP, OR NOT, MAGE IN GENERAL IS JUST HORRID YO, SINCE WE DON'T "HAVE IT ALL" LIKE PLENTY OF OTHER DPS SPECS, OK!!!???

LEARN TO PLAY THERE YO!!!

*MIC DROP*

"Ladies and gentleman, The Legend has left the building."
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2018-01-26 at 05:48 AM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    And his entire rant can be dismissed with one sentence:

He's talking about world PvP.

Mindless rant from someone who didn't read OP

Talking about world PvP you pleb.

Just wait until they get void elf teleport racial and no delay on spellcasting and 5% damage buff. Will be SO balanced

Deleted
    You can counter Frost mage with Fire Mage in WPvP: even better burst. Oh and you can do it, maybe, with some other casters too. As melee situation is a bit tougher.
    Your question, op, should be: which class counters Fire Mage in open world

Deleted
    I just got killed by a monk heal (Rising Sun kick, Tiger Palm and Blackout kick spam). I play a frost dk with 945 itemlevel, the sustain was just too strong, I couldnt catch up with my Death strike....
    Blizzard, nerf heals in pvp!!!

*MIC DROP*

World PvP you monumentally incoherent dingleberry. Hope your mic wasn't attached to a plug, cause you just dropped it into water.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.