Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Thumbs down Spec Locked Artifact Appearances.

Today I earned my Prestige 11 Artifact skin. Today I also learned that post-Legion, these appearances will be spec locked.

Why? Why I shouldn't I be able to use Disc skin I worked hard for as Shadow Priest? Why shouldn't my Ret be able to use the Hidden Holy skin? What difference does it make?

I guess they just wanna stay with the spec identity of the Ashbringer being a weapon for Retribution, not Protection or Holy.

It definitely sucks in certain cases but not too surprising that spec specific weapons will only be moggable while the given spec is active.

But Prot can't use 1-handers and Holy can't use Swords?

Its gonna be weird as hell when my Enhancement Shaman picks up fist weapons and I can't mog to my Doomhammer. Or the fact that basically Holy Paladins won't ever be able to use their 2h since they are typically 1h and shield.

I think this is a clear fuck up on their part. I see no harm in making it class wide appearances. Sure, you don't want a Monk wielding the frostmourne blades, but I
    think its well within reason to have an Unholy DK use the Blood artifacts for example.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Its gonna be weird as hell when my Enhancement Shaman picks up fist weapons and I can't mog to my Doomhammer. Or the fact that basically Holy Paladins won't ever be able to use their 2h since they are typically 1h and shield.

I think this is a clear fuck up on their part. I see no harm in making it class wide appearances. Sure, you don't want a Monk wielding the frostmourne blades, but I
    think its well within reason to have an Unholy DK use the Blood artifacts for example.
    I'm hoping that Holy Paladin sticks with wielding 2h weapons. It's a nice thing that differentiates us from other healers.

I'm seriously hoping they realize how stupid this is and goes back on it. It would be insane to clear all Warlock challenges but not be able to use any because you want to play Demonology and all caster weapons are staffs, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I'm seriously hoping they realize how stupid this is and goes back on it. It would be insane to clear all Warlock challenges but not be able to use any because you want to play Demonology and all caster weapons are staffs, for example.
    Or vice versa. I don't like current Demo and I assume they will keep the Pet-heavy playstyle but the main reason why I am preparing and will get the Demo Mage tOWER Artifact skin is because there is one particular tint that I think can work nicely for Destro/Aff.

There are UH skins that are perfect for Blood and vice versa. And does also mean that in future, my Frost DK will have to go after 2 weapons to use Legion any Artifact skins? Seriously?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they change it.. I was really hoping to use the Reinhardt hammer as ret. :<
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

IMO several of the holy paladin artifact skins are some of the best they've ever put in the game.

Throughout Legion I've already been upset about not being able to use them as ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It'd be nice to use Thas'dorah as beast mastery. It's literally the only bow in the game with a quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

I can understand some of it being around readability for players and potentially spectators in live events (PvP competitions, Mythic+/Raid races and such) but it does seem a bit silly for some classes who are going to be locked into having to get a specific weapon for their artifact appearances to be moggable at all, such as forcing Elemental Shaman to have to have a fist weapon or Windwalker monks being locked into fist weapons which have generally been one of the less used weapon types over the years simply for the lack of detail that can be put into them compared to most other weapons I'd assume.

But I get where they're coming from overall, even if I don't necessarily agree with it. I want my Windwalker hulk hands on an Outlaw rogue, I think it'd be hilarious.

IMO weapon xmogging should just be tied to the slot and not to the school of the currently equipped weapon. (Slightly OT but it would solve some of the issues mentioned above)

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Today I earned my Prestige 11 Artifact skin. Today I also learned that post-Legion, these appearances will be spec locked.

Why? Why I shouldn't I be able to use Disc skin I worked hard for as Shadow Priest? Why shouldn't my Ret be able to use the Hidden Holy skin? What difference does it make?
    It's "spec locked" now, why would it not be later?
    Seems fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    I can understand some of it being around readability for players and potentially spectators in live events (PvP competitions, Mythic+/Raid races and such) but it does seem a bit silly for some classes who are going to be locked into having to get a specific weapon for their artifact appearances to be moggable at all, such as forcing Elemental Shaman to have to have a fist weapon or Windwalker monks being locked into fist weapons which have generally been one of the less used weapon types over the years simply for the lack of detail that can be put into them compared to most other weapons I'd assume.

But I get where they're coming from overall, even if I don't necessarily agree with it. I want my Windwalker hulk hands on an Outlaw rogue, I think it'd be hilarious.
    I'm worried about what my druid is going to do. Druids can't dual wield, but feral and guardian's artifact act like a pair of daggers/fists. How will be able to mog into them to get the skins if we can't actually officially dual wield? Will mogging just our main hand work, but will that mean we won't be able to use staves/2h maces/polearms all xpac having to use 1h dagger and pray they add agi offhand frills?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Seems fine to me.
    Somebody needs to visit Aggrophobic's house and free him from captivity. Someone has obviously tied him up and logged onto his account to... *gasp* not complain or say bad things about Blizzard.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

What do you mean spec locked? if you unlock a pvp appearance on one spec you cant use it on other specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Seems fine to me.
    There is no reason for it to be spec locked beyond Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Borab View Post
    What do you mean spec locked? if you unlock a pvp appearance on one spec you cant use it on other specs?
    If you unlocked Fire PvP appearance, you will not able to use that appearance as Arcane/Frost.

i agree with OP, would have loved to use reinhard hammer as ret or using that shadow naruu holy staff for shadow

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'm hoping that Holy Paladin sticks with wielding 2h weapons. It's a nice thing that differentiates us from other healers.
    Agreed, 2 handed maces at least should have like str/int on them.

I want to use my Protwar challenge appearance as Fury!

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    i agree with OP, would have loved to use reinhard hammer as ret or using that shadow naruu holy staff for shadow
    Or Disc PvP skins for Shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I want to use my Protwar challenge appearance as Fury!
    Well, tanks and DPS is a different story. Your Fury would have to equip a shield for the appearance to mog over.

But if I wield as Staff, why shouldn't I be able to transmog my Holy/Disc appearances on my Staff even if I'm Shadow?