Deleted

Classic wow Q and A?...Hell, just an update would be nice!

Since this is the "general" section, I'm asking: it looks like there are tons of frequent updates concerning BFA, which is great, this expansion is quite an exciting one (I love the horde vs alliance theme). However, I can't help but notice that literally nothing was said about classic wow for 3 months now. A Q&A is about to happen for the new expansion, and it would be nice to have a classic Q&A as well in the near future. Hell, any news about classic wow would do it .

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What did you expect? They said they had only just begun development at Blizzcon. Things take time.

Wrong forum dude.

And if you think they'll take ANY focus off of BfA, you're in for a disappointment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Wrong forum dude.

And if you think they'll take ANY focus off of BfA, you're in for a disappointment.
    Hey, it's the next expansion after all: BFA is the major focus, that much is clear, and I'm not foolish enough to believe otherwise. However, asking for news on another product is not necessarily linked to a loss of focus (especially when there are two dev teams now)

Dont expect to hear about classic for a long time. People here have worked up into a frenzy for no reason, arguing and whatnot. Its gong to be a long time until release, and sitting on pins and needles over it is completely pointless.

Its more or less the same product, just a different version. First classic announcement will most likely come right after BFA launches.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestalya View Post
    Hey, it's the next expansion after all: BFA is the major focus, that much is clear, and I'm not foolish enough to believe otherwise. However, asking for news on another product is not necessarily linked to a loss of focus (especially when there are two dev teams now)
    Considering they just hired the last person for the Classic Dev team a week or two ago... What news? How can you do a Q&A about something you haven't started when you aren't sure of what it will end up like?

They didn't even have a complete team until a few days ago. Maybe the server stuff is far along but they probably barely started work on the new client. I'm not expecting any news until the end of the summer.

Since this is the "general" section, I'm asking: it looks like there are tons of frequent updates concerning BFA, which is great, this expansion is quite an exciting one (I love the horde vs alliance theme). However, I can't help but notice that literally nothing was said about classic wow for 3 months now. A Q&A is about to happen for the new expansion, and it would be nice to have a classic Q&A as well in the near future. Hell, any news about classic wow would do it .
    Classic is in all likelihood launching well after BFA. There probably will be a Q&A when Blizz actually starts thinking about Classic themselves.

I was actually surprised they even bothered to announce Classic at the 2017 Blizzcon when they likely won't have much to show for it until around the 2018 Blizzcon. Hell, they never announce expansions until they at least have a small demo available.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2018-01-26 at 07:53 PM.

They just got their team together, while BFA has been under development for about a year or 2. I don't really expect much news other than some possible changes (which will hopefully not affect the classic experience).

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I don't understand what you people want Blizzard to say? You know very well exactly what game to expect I imagine as literally nothing is new and a game we've all played before.
    Probably to confirm that it's not going to be updated aside from bugs or other detrimental features that vanilla had. Many worry that there will be changes.

Maybe becuase it's way to early to talk about anything?
    Don't expect anything untill after BfA is released and the hype has died down.

Besides, it's vanilla. You can look up what it's about by looking at old patch notes and the like. There is nothing new there.

Here's your update: Sit down and wait two or more years.

What is there to Q&A about? PEople have posted links that they are keeping it as close to vanilla as possible, the good and the bad. We already know what features vanilla had, as well as everything that was available.
    The only thing you'll get from a Q&A is: what's the release date and will achieves/titles/mounts xfer over to retail. Such a riveting 5 second panel.

I saw a youtube vid that said they heard that Classic is coming 'sooner than you think'. I watch a lot of WoW/Blizzard youtubers so I can't remember which one it was or when it was mentioned but I thought that was interesting since I figured Classic would be in dev for at least a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

The only reason to announce Classic so early was to take steam off the pipe. Forum petitions, online petitions, people questioning why Blizzard has a "right" to shut down software pirates stealing their content, if they themselves are not offering it anymore and so on.

Blizzard will do Classic WoW. It will take some time.That's all they have to say for now. They will very likely focus on the server infrastructure first, then shift towars actual feature discussion around Blizzcon 2018, which is when news will become more regular, and aim for a realease at Blizzcon 2019, which will be the WoW 15th anniversary and fall neatly into the BFA > 9.0 content drought.

Expect to hear more about Classic after BfA launches. Until then a "we are working on it" is at most what you may hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.