Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    If anything, big and naturally bulky races like the pandaren and the ogres are the only ones that it could be argued shouldn't have skinny versions, since being 'skinny' would represent behind dangerously underweight and unhealthy for the naturally big and round races.
    I would love for male pandaren to have an option to be thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Their bouncy belly kills the race for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    ...why? I can easily picture a big round forest druid type, fat but also thick and muscled, like a bear. Or fat spell-casters. Or hell, fat members of the melee roles. Fat =/= unhealthy or soft or weak, look at that Kul'Tiras guy. Guy could kick ass. And it certainly doesn't make someone unheroic, for fuck's sake...

Every race is humanoid, and therefore it should be possible for them to bulk up. Even Forsaken can come from fat corpses and still be all gross and bloated.

If anything, big and naturally bulky races like the pandaren and the ogres are the only ones that it could be argued shouldn't have skinny versions, since being 'skinny' would represent behind dangerously underweight and unhealthy for the naturally big and round races.

If nothing else, it makes for greater NPC variety. I'm sure we'll see more types later, we've got to start somewhere and with humans it makes sense. They also put in a bunch of new troll variants including a female dire troll, makes sense since we're heading to two areas that are human and troll dominated. We'll get to the other races later I'm sure.
    For night elves, The druids of the claw in Warcraft 3 were pretty burly, in case anyone was looking for an already established precedent for these things.

Certainly not fat in this case, but miles from the very long, lean body type that is represented in game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I was thinking of 'skinny' as in the skinny Kul Tiras human model that was shown. That pandaren isn't fat like the others but he's still tall, broad, and muscular. Not exactly skinny, or even wiry. But yeah, he looks rad. Ogres like that would look pretty rad too, though I still think as far as ogres go a natural thick paunch is the 'default'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. They don't have any player animations and only the most basic customization options.

There's nothing to indicate they're anything more than NPCs.
    Well, at least at this hour, they do have all the playable character animations so far (including the artifact weapon animation)

Note: Talking about the fat ones, the skinny guys have the Female Forsaken Animation. (Funny enough, the female forsaken animation do seen to work for this humans)

Quote Originally Posted by WiggleTillFriday View Post
    My guess is they will be the next pandaren style playable race. Both horde and alliance
    they are natives of zandalar and the horde help them

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well, at least at this hour, they do have all the playable character animations so far (including the artifact weapon animation)

Note: Talking about the fat ones, the skinny guys have the Female Forsaken Animation. (Funny enough, the female forsaken animation do seen to work for this humans)
    That isn't true. They have only basic combat and movement animations, they're missing all the class and general player animations. They don't have any spellcasting animations whatsoever, no emotes, no loot or map animations.

They have exactly the animations we'd expect from any other humanoid NPC model, and no more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    That isn't true. They have only basic combat and movement animations, they're missing all the class and general player animations. They don't have any spellcasting animations whatsoever, no emotes, no loot or map animations.

They have exactly the animations we'd expect from any other humanoid NPC model, and no more.
    You are right, they are missing a lot of animations (though they do have the Loot animation and many -not all- of the monk specific animations)

Note: the thin humans are only missing the emotion kiss animation from the Female forsaken...

I certainly hope they're not an allied race! I wouldn't mind thinner humans but these models look like freaks, literally no one would play them.

Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    Fat options don't make sense for many of the races. And especially not for a "hero"...

I'm all for more customization, but can we be reasonable here? I mean... a fat night elf? That's just plain dumb.
    Ideally you'd have a skinny->fat slider for every race that you can customize on your own, and some races could just have narrower ranges. But I'm sure blizzard's spaghetti coded model interface wouldn't be able to handle that.

ThinHuman = Asmongold Race

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    I certainly hope they're not an allied race! I wouldn't mind thinner humans but these models look like freaks, literally no one would play them.
    I... i... actually like them, way more than the normal human (i was even thinking on the possibility of creating one) though i do agree that it would be weird if they become their stand alone ally race, but it would be sweet if they become an option for the Kultiras humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna make a fat ass mage named Cakeman!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vraul Jawrip View Post
    ThinHuman = Asmongold Race
    Is that.... bad?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Gonna make a fat ass mage named Cakeman!
    No! you have to make it a female! and whenever someone ask you for food you give them cake while yelling "CAKE PLEASE!"

:P

Note: Reference to the game Fat Princess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Is that.... bad?

- - - Updated - - -

No! you have to make it a female! and whenever someone ask you for food you give them cake while yelling "CAKE PLEASE!"

:P

Note: Reference to the game Fat Princess
    Granted!! 10 chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinhuman animations, a lot of them are pretty sweet. I could definitely see a lot of people playing them as caster classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Thinhuman animations, a lot of them are pretty sweet. I could definitely see a lot of people playing them as caster classes.
    Or rogues :P (but yes, mainly casters)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Holy shit, the thin one looks like liposuction going terribly wrong.
    Starvation's a bitch.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Thin human aka Slenderman
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't get my hopes up, knowing Blizzard thin human will just be mobs you kill.