Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Learn some lore first, i'm not a blizzard fanboy i'm just not an ignorant moron.

Nightborne and night elves are THE SAME race, mutated by the nightwell.

Also, you're ungrateful ass is getting 6 races, not one, this is why.
    they are not.

the suramaritans evolved further into a new elven race, just like highborne did when they turned into high elves.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: who cares? they still look amazing and because of the shared skeleton blizz is able to create so many new races in the first place.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2018-01-28 at 10:38 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post

Nightborne and zandalari are the only ones with unique animations, even then it's only a handful.
    Aren't combat animation switching from race to class? I am pretty sure shamans, no matter what race, have same animations across the board.

Unless you are talking about autoattacks..who cares in this case.

Deleted
    I don't mind.

I do still kind of wish they have their own /dance though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    they are not.

the suramaritans evolved further into a new elven race, just like highborne did when they turned into high elves.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: who cares? they still look amazing and because of the shared skeleton blizz is able to create so many new races in the first place.

But... that's not how it happened. There's even a cinematic in game to explain the Nightborne change. And even Azshara is in game to show that the Highborne were Night Elves in appearance before their descendants changed on the Eastern Kingdom continent.

Night Elves were a caste system that developed over thousands of years. The Highborne were skilled in magic and part of the elite class in society. But they were still Night Elves. Suramar was a city full of Night Elves (most of which were of the Highborne caste), including Thalyssra and Ellisande, that threw up a shield just before the Well of Eternity exploded. Azshara's model is that of a Night Elf and she was the queen bee of that Nightborne lifestyle. All of the Highborne in Well of Eternity are Night Elves. Highborne was a caste, High Elves were a race that evolved from the Highborne Night Elves that survived after the Sundering.

The flashback in Suramar shows everyone as Night Elves. The Nightwell, after the Night Elves have to feed on it to survive when their food stores run out, began to shift the skin color and outward appearance of the citizens of Suramar that were trapped under the shell. They are the same Night Elves that threw up the shield, just mutated outwardly. They'd keep their mannerisms as long as their culture was maintained. It is stated many times in the questline and Legion general info about Nightborne that they have kept the Night Elven society from 10,000 years ago alive inside their bubble. A society based on arcane use.

Blood Elves, however, have changed over the past few thousand years. It started when the Sunstrider forefathers led their followers to the Eastern Kingdoms. Their followers were a mix of the Night Elven Highborne and lower classes in the now destroyed caste system that still wished to pursue arcane magic. They created the Sunwell and fed on it's energy for power. And then they bred, and bred, and bred. They lost their long lifespan of thousands upon thousands of years, and each generation was a bit different from the last, ultimately leading to the Blood Elves we have today.

The Nightborne adults we mostly see are the same Night Elves that were there during the War of the Ancients. The Blood Elves we see are many generations removed from the Highborne Night Elves that fled to the Eastern Kingdoms and became High Elves.

OT: Nightborne using Night Elven animations is alright by me. Makes sense, and it's been like that since Legion launched.
    Last edited by k0nker; 2018-01-28 at 11:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    i don't care about animations for NPCS, but a whole different sotry if they become playable. And yes, they are vastly different form the Night elves, from every point of view, culturally especially.

And also, from what i see, they have done completly new animations for Zandalari trolls, wich is great, but are much more similar to the trolls we know then the Nightbornes with the Night elves.
    The Zandalari trolls have a mix of night elf male (atleast males do) animations mixed with their own unique animations they've had since the Isle of Thunder patch.

Oh, and guess what!? Highmountain taurens are identical to regular taurens, BUT WITH ANTLERS! :^OOOO
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2018-01-28 at 11:08 AM.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    deviate slightyly? wtf you talking about, do we play the same game or what? Not evne once when i played legion i said " oh ys these Nightbornes are really similar to the night elves".

Is like saying oh yeha a dwarf is a shorter human so put the human animations there, what kind of logic is this.

Just lazyness by blizzard, but again i don't expect you blizzard fanboys to ever understand when blizzard just ppop out of the toilet
    The only reason why they are able pump out six "new" races at once is because allied races will be reusing existing animations w/ minor tweaks here and there, e.g., Nightborne have unique idle stance.

Blizz even said during their first Q&A after BC that it'll be the case. If they're doing it from scratch, we wouldn't get any because, well, they're still in the process of upgrading Worgen and Goblins which, btw, won't be ready for 8.0 either and will be added at later date.

Do I like it that we're getting "new" races that share almost all animations w/ already existing ones? No.

In all honestly, I'd love to see customisation options to be improved and expanded, but that's prob not gonna happen, quite often newer races are getting only few basic customisation options: like fewer hairstyles, fewer skin/hair colours. I mean, sure, they're increasing the quality, but what about quantity?

Sadly, I have a feeling that we're stuck w/ such limited char customisation till WoW's end, heck, it's already been outdated in 2004, and it's 2018 now.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-01-28 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    Oh, and guess what!? Highmountain taurens are identical to regular taurens, BUT WITH ANTLERS! :^OOOO
    Hey don't forget their slick tattoos and body paint! The moose people are way fancier than their basic tauren cownterparts(I'm so very sorry).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexias View Post
    Hey don't forget their slick tattoos and body paint! The moose people are way fancier than their basic tauren cownterparts(I'm so very sorry).
    Noooo... not cow puns... ;__; My gf pulls those 24/7 here...

But I agree, Highmountain are way more amoozing(not even sorry) than the regular tauren. Which is why I'll make a HM Monk :>

I'll make a HM Monk :>
    I am sold! I need one right now!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I am still waiting for an apology by Blizzard for shitting on the faction they like shitting on the most with this excuse of an "allied race". Don't get me wrong. I like Draenei. And i have nothing against the Lightforged, either, but 6 NPCs with no cultural difference that are also born as normal Draenei and change later using a ritual is by no definition a "race". But let's wait and see how great they tie the Dark Iron into the lore of BFA compared to the Zandalari (my expectation: Not at all).

OT:
    >50% of all animations we see are class based anyway - less for casters, but this may change as well, since Blizzard promised "new caster animations" several times in the last 4 years and "new animations" ALWAYS means class-animations that make everybody look the same. Just look at a Blood Elf Monk next to a Human Monk with the same Transmo.

Since caster animations are on their way out, i guess auto-attack and running will soon be the only race-based animations left in this game that non-RPs actually see.
    Here's how I see a direction that could happen in the future with the new introduction of "allied races". As of now, they have introduced a base race. In the future the Lightforged can include other races as an option. So does Void Elves for those other Elves outside the Ren'dorei and also accept the same philosophy and lifestyle. So basically a Darnasian Kal'dorei if he wish to choose to become a Ren'dorei can follow Alleria's sect.Same goes with how Blood Elves became VE.

Lightforged is a special group which is better known as the Army of Light. They even have human in it and even a Nathrezim!

as for the Zandalari Troll,it is a coaltion of different Troll races namely Amanishi,Gurubashi, Faraki, and even perhaps include the Dark Trolls in the future.
    As for the Highmountain and Dark Iron Drawves, perhaps they would remain exclusively for their own kind.

Actually Zandalari and Dark Iron Dwarves are *reputation* faction before in WoW Vanilla and now they decided to finally include them as part of the playable roster.This I believe is the reason why they fleshed out Allied race and the same time evolving the story of Warcraft as a heavily influenced by militarism/war. Along the way for you to become powerful, you need to get valuable and key indivuduals and their group of people so you can add them to your own force.

This is just a speculation. Feel free to enjoy and appreciate my PoV or feel free to disagree.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-01-28 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By my understanding the Lightforged Draenei are a lot older than normal Draenei, most of which were either born on Draenor or one of the many planets they stopped on between Argus and Draenor. Lightforged, however, were almost certainly all born on Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    By my understanding the Lightforged Draenei are a lot older than normal Draenei, most of which were either born on Draenor or one of the many planets they stopped on between Argus and Draenor. Lightforged, however, were almost certainly all born on Argus.
    We dont really know how many there are that still lives that are from Argus.. players could perhaps be that old, perhaps not. We will probably never know. :/

But yeah, Lightforged are def from Argus.

Why does anyone give two flying fucks? There's only so many ways you can animate someone standing or flinging their arms about while casting. I'd much rather have a boatload of new races with similar/same old animations than 1 new race because they're worried about making adjustments to how they move... They have a lot of freedom with Allied races, why ruin it over something so goofy and nit-picky?

10+ Year Old Account
    We dont really know how many there are that still lives that are from Argus.. players could perhaps be that old, perhaps not. We will probably never know. :/

But yeah, Lightforged are def from Argus.
    Jessera of Mac'Aree and Hakmud of Argus are the only ones we know of that aren't Velen. Draenei are said to be immortal, so as long as you managed to avoid death (especially the genocide on Draenor), it's plausible that some of the draenei on Azeroth today were born on Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jessera of Mac'Aree and Hakmud of Argus are the only ones we know of that aren't Velen. Draenei are said to be immortal, so as long as you managed to avoid death (especially the genocide on Draenor), it's plausible that some of the draenei on Azeroth today were born on Argus.
    Akama, he appears as an Echo in Mac'Aree, so he must be from Argus aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Akama, he appears as an Echo in Mac'Aree, so he must be from Argus aswell.
    Good point. Actually there might even be more, as there were a lot of "Echo of X" NPCs in that one WQ.

EDIT: Found one more. This guy's echo appears during the WQ.
    Last edited by ercarp; 2018-01-28 at 01:58 PM.

If you get all brand new animations then do you think there will be 6 of them coming? Use your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Ssshhh, shhh. People still want to believe this is how we'll get stuff like ogres and arakkoa.
    Or fervently believe a race like the Vulpera fox people somehow aren't going to be allied races when they use goblin skeleton/model rigging and that is getting updated sometime during BfA.....

It's honestly funny hearing people honestly thinking for a second Blizzard isn't about to shrek their wallet back to the swamp.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it can be both. There might be members of the LFD that are already alive and existing when the Draenei Exodus happened. Perhaps Velen knew some of them personally, those who chose to stay and fight and able to survive so that the rest can escape.

I'm excited on how the storyline about the Manaari Eradar will progress now that the fel state is already vanquished with patch 7.3.5. What will happen to them? Do they stay Manaari Eradar or wll revert back to being normal? Will somehow fel power remain inside of them to utilize upon needed circumstances? Will the power of the light help out in curing them as LFD's story progress?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-01-28 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    That's what the allied races are about, right?

Finally. Playable titans and old gods.
    Nah, but we can work with the keepers in uldr for horde, and rogue aqir for Alliance