Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    Having played on both Alliance and Horde, I will say that Alliance players are generally more well-adjusted, have IRL social connections, and maybe not as dedicated while Horde players have a bigger share of no-lifers who are really good at this game but at the expense of out of game social relationships.
    Having played on both Alliance and Horde, I will say that most players play both Alliance and Horde, so making blanket statements about how they are different is kind of silly. They are the same players.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Racials that give combat advantage should be removed from the game. Add fun abilities instead of racials like Orc showing off Axe skills, Taurens carving a totem, Gnomes using gadget, Nelf hugging trees or Belf putting on make up or whatever. Adding more racials like Nightborne mail or Goblin bank makes sense. Spell color change or different animation based on race would be cool also.

People should be free to play the race they want. Especially in rated pvp its a big problem, on horde side every one is either orc or BE and on alliance side majority human and some night elves.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Who? Some random guild is transferring and people are worried/care at all about it? If they think it'll help them, no big deal. It doesn't mean anything whatsoever. The fact some try-hards think it'll give a trifling advantage that they need to 'get ahead' of other guilds just shows how pitiful of a difference it makes.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

What I don't get is why Blizzard doesn't just disable all racial traits in Mythic (pve) and Rated (pvp) contents, would by far be the easiest and quickest fix to the problems caused by racial abilities/mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    If they remove the racials it won't change anything because the guilds won't suddenly change back to Alliance.
    That's not the point though, the point is that in the world of min/maxing your characters to get the absolute max out of it- horde racials is better in nearly all cases.
    Say you're a Pandaren Mage, increased food bonus is your best option for racial buff. However you can faction change to Nightborne and get 1% magic damage buff? That's an easy choice for top, top, top progression guilds. Orcs get more attackpower/spellpower on use which they can stack with CDs or trinkets, Trolls have increased haste (among other things), Blood Elves have mana regen for healers which also does an AoE silence for multiple uses and 1% crit chance...

Yeah it's minor benefits to play the optimal races, however that's the min/max part of the game. We simulate our gear to find differences in a few thousand dps, say 1%, then why wouldn't you play a race that gives you 0.5% to 1% more damage?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Racials that give combat advantage should be removed from the game. Add fun abilities instead of racials like Orc showing off Axe skills, Taurens carving a totem, Gnomes using gadget, Nelf hugging trees or Belf putting on make up or whatever. Adding more racials like Nightborne mail or Goblin bank makes sense. Spell color change or different animation based on race would be cool also.

People should be free to play the race they want. Especially in rated pvp its a big problem, on horde side every one is either orc or BE and on alliance side majority human and some night elves.
    I suggested a couple years ago that Gnomes should get a racial ability called "Piggyback". Jump on the back (or shoulders) of friendly targets for 3 seconds, allowing you to cast while moving. 1 minute cd.

That would both be hilarious and have it's use but not be massively broken, if it was then they could just put it on "only usable outside combat".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Who? Some random guild is transferring and people are worried/care at all about it? If they think it'll help them, no big deal. It doesn't mean anything whatsoever. The fact some try-hards think it'll give a trifling advantage that they need to 'get ahead' of other guilds just shows how pitiful of a difference it makes.
    "Some random guild"
    Yeah just a guild that's been top 10-15 for the past 7-8 years and one of the last Alliance raiding guilds in the top 0.1% of raiding decides to change side for the one reason: better racials to fight for higher raiding ranks.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2018-01-28 at 12:21 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

glory to the horde ! why should some 1 play alliance?!!
    racials dont effect the performance too much they are changing to horde bcz horde is the glorious faction \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    With Scrubbusters recent annoucement that they are going Horde, there are now ZERO Alliance guilds in the top 10 rankings.

The reason Scrubbusters gave was this
    "Whenever you talk about hardcore raiding, you associate it with Horde. That has always been the case partly because of stronger racials, but also because there just always was a bigger and established community on the Horde side."
    Not that I am against rebalancing some racials, this is literally the primary reason why they switched. A <1% racial advantage is not enough for an entire guild to swap factions, but the best players they could recruit being Horde is. Even if Alliance had that advantage, only the very best guilds would even consider it... and in those cases, they would, in turn, encourage others to follow because they did so first. It's just an ironic cycle, but I don't see it occurring here even if Alliance do get decent racials.

Hell, if anything, being 'the best Alliance guild' is a pretty big deal in and of itself, but they want to go for the gold and I respect that. To do that they need to be on the faction where most of the best players are, and right now, for PvE... that's Horde.

Someone above posted that the only truly broken racial is arcane torrent for an extra interrupt; I might just agree with that. Change it to silence only instead of being an interrupt, and it would be balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Not that I am against rebalancing some racials, this is literally the primary reason why they switched. A <1% racial is not enough for a guild to swap factions, but the best players they could recruit being Horde is. Even if Alliance had that advantage, only the very best guilds would even consider it... and in those cases, they would, in turn, encourage others to follow because they did so first. It's just an ironic cycle, but I don't see it occurring here even if Alliance do get decent racials.

Someone above posted that the only truly broken racial is arcane torrent for an extra interrupt; I might just agree with that. Change it to silence only instead of being an interrupt, and it would be balanced.
    Simply making racials not work in Mythic content and Rated pvp would solve everything in this racial power discussion instantly, quick and easy to do as well.

racials are about 1%-3% of dps

this only effects top guilds (world top)

its fine because blizz doesnt care about the top raiders i mean they use them as beta testers for raids to find bugs and exploits

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Simply making racials not work in Mythic content and Rated pvp would solve everything in this racial power discussion instantly, quick and easy to do as well.
    You know I do take back a bit of what I said... I was applying this to raiding, but when we also include Mythic+ dungeons stuff changes. I'm not sure you were doing that, but if so... yeah, that is an issue. I don't think disabling racials is the solution though. And when it comes to mythic raiding, I don't know... you're going to find people that are against that and enjoy playing races that get that sub-1% boost because they enjoy obsessing over minuscule gains. And hey, that's cool...

In short, disabling racials in mythic difficulty raiding would solve all of the problems they are suffering under, but I just don't feel it's the ideal solution. Typically speaking there is going to be something more impactful than a <1% increase getting people to choose which faction to play. Like an extra interrupt, or, you know... a bigger raiding community to draw from. If this solution was enabled, nothing would change. In fact, most likely, Scrubbusters would still be going Horde unless they were totally content with their raid team forever. You can be sure of that, because they wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't the case.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-01-28 at 12:37 PM.

Merely standing in stormwind for 5 mins should be enough to change faction.
    Never seen such a more boring drab faction in any mmo than alliance in warcraft...and lets not talk about male humans dear fucking god.

if you disable racials, what encourages people to pay money to switch back to alliance from horde (pve) and back to horde from alliance (pvp)?

not sure wanting to give blizzard free money for nothing counts as a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    if you disable racials, what encourages people to pay money to switch back to alliance from horde (pve) and back to horde from alliance (pvp)?

not sure wanting to give blizzard free money for nothing counts as a reason
    The appeal of playing the race you enjoy the lore, look and such?
    If Furbolgs became playable race I'd pay to race change instantly!

The appeal of playing the race you enjoy the lore, look and such?
    If Furbolgs became playable race I'd pay to race change instantly!
    so people that play the game to raid mythic are going to all pay money to switch back to alliance because they want to role-play as draenei and gnomes?

The main appeal of horde right now is raiding community and player pool. This affects people that are more progression-minded than others, and then it snowballs from there. Will it ever trickle down to the point where even heroic guilds/pugs would care? I doubt it. But right now it's player pool, and to a much lesser extent racials, that are enticing guilds to change.

If Blizzard doesn't think this is an issue, then nothing would be changed. Community indifference doesn't exactly help either but it's whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Where is the "ton of alliance guilds" where I ask?
    Security on eu-frostmane seem to be going horde. They finished something like world 58.

Bodes great for the faction rivalry expansion lol

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    The main appeal of horde right now is raiding community and player pool. This affects people that are more progression-minded than others, and then it snowballs from there. Will it ever trickle down to the point where even heroic guilds/pugs would care? I doubt it. But right now it's player pool, and to a much lesser extent racials, that are enticing guilds to change.

If Blizzard doesn't think this is an issue, then nothing would be changed. Community indifference doesn't exactly help either but it's whatever.
    Yup, there are just way more people doing end-game "challenging" content on the Horde side. Finding a group to push higher keys or get a PUG is so much easier. As well as queue times being shorter. And that's when you want to play solo. But if you want to join a guild, you have so much more to chose from.