Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    My guess is that they'll do allied races based on the ones we encounter over the course of BFA. Alliance being Kul'Tirans and Horde being Vulpera.

Allied races get the nickname subraces because they're basically more a customized form of the character models we can already play as. All of the ones announced so far use the Draenei, Blood Elf, Night Elf, Dwarf and Troll skeletons.
    And tauren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Your inability to comprehend is not something anyone else can help you with.

Simply put: People want more playable races, and more variety in those playable races, and are making that desire known. Whether it happens in BAz or not, people want more, and have opinions on which ones they want.
    All that needs to be said, personally I hope they give us more trolls.

I think it is reasonable to assume that there will be at least 2 more Allied Races announced for each faction before BfA is released, or shortly after release if it is part of patch content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    My guess is that they'll do allied races based on the ones we encounter over the course of BFA. Alliance being Kul'Tirans and Horde being Vulpera.

Allied races get the nickname subraces because they're basically more a customized form of the character models we can already play as. All of the ones announced so far use the Draenei, Blood Elf, Night Elf, Dwarf and Troll skeletons.
    Kul'Tirans are more in line with the Zandalari, which is why it's weird we are getting dark iron dwarves first instead of them. Vulpera are something new and interesting, where Kul'Tirans are just different shaped humans. I would really like to be able to play both, but if horde get Vulpera and alliance get Kul'Tirans as if they are equal additions that will be pretty lame for the alliance. If they are both added along side other more suitable choices I will be fine with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    My problem is that most of these Allied Races will be mere deviations of existing races - I want something radical as Pandaren, Draenei and Worgen.
    I really hope allied races aren't the end of new races, as much as I like them I still want to see unique models added down the road again =/
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwatch View Post
    Ok, fine so they have officaly stated that more races beyond the first six are coming but they never actully said it would happen within Battle For Azeroth.

My point is simply that I dont understand this hype over more races the moment they are revealed on sites such as WoWhead.
    For example, I dont recall the internet going this crazy back in Wrath of the Lich King about races such as Tuskaar and Wolvars.
    Problem is other expansion had either new class or race for ppl to get hyped about and speculate . This expansion have only sub race aka allied race thats why ppl speculate about whats next allied race because there is not much else to talk about .

Who knows what will be playable. Only the future can tell, of course, even though the turtle/fox people are neat looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I really hope allied races aren't the end of new races, as much as I like them I still want to see unique models added down the road again =/
    I'm afraid it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    I hope we'll never see vulpera outside of their zone, in which they should all been slaugthered by zandalari already. A useless race that appeals to 8 yo kids coming out of their asses . The day those things join horde or alliance is the day i call it quits
    Okay, bye!

Look, I gotta be honest with you -- as a 26 year old male that's struggling to make rent every month, the farther away my player avatar can be from how much I hate my fucking life, the better. I'm not trying to be le sad emo kid and I know I'm setting myself up to be flamed, but I play games for ESCAPISM.

So you're god damn right I want to run around as an adorable little fox person with a stealth animation that looks like I'm trying to see how many butts I can touch without being caught, because that's the complete and total opposite of the life I live.

I get enough edgy and violent and sad offline, forgive me if I dare want some fantasy in my fantasy game.

Both MMOChampion and WoW's offical forums seems to be flooded with what seems to be hype or pleas for these new race, such as Vulpera and Tortollan, to be playable races.

I dont know where or how these claims came to be or why.
    All offical word from Blizzard is that we get 6 Allied races: Nightborne Elves, Highmountain Tauren, Zandalari Trolls for Horde and Void Elves, Lightforge Draenei, Dark Iron Dwarves for Alliance.

That is all offical information blizzard has given. However the beta built has shown more races and all of a sudden people are putting up claims of these to be Allied races as well, if not soon then in a possible future.

So where did all this belief came from? I am even seeing youtube videos claiming this stuff.
    Unless its an offical statement by Blizzard, I wont pick up any of these hypes.
    They are not hype's etc. First off watch blizzcon/read mmochampion/wowhead next time. It was said 6 from start + more later.

People datamine stuff from the alpha of BFA. And they find stuff. Like other species with models/gear on that only player characters should have. And pre work for them.

The rumors so far are,
    Hord: trolls ( again), orcs ( different clans)
    Alliance: Kul turas humans, little fox things

5+ Year Old Account
    Allied Races means we'll be getting MORE races.

Not less. Not "Only Sub Races". Hazzikostas made it clear at Blizzcon that Allied Races aren't subraces, but a new race system.

Going forward, Devs will have the ability to add new player races to the game using the Allied Race system to allow high end players to participate in the racial questlines that bring these groups into the factions, rather than putting all of that effort on low level characters that need to get from level 1-20 in their own little zone cut off from the rest of the world. They've realized that the Worgen/Goblin/Pandaren starting zone lock-downs are a bad idea.

At long last.

People who are complaining that they're "Only Sub-Races" don't understand that it's a system, not a straitjacket. They could make Naga an Allied Race for 8.2, and it'd still fall under the Allied Race system.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Not less. Not "Only Sub Races". Hazzikostas made it clear at Blizzcon that Allied Races aren't subraces, but a new race system.
    I don't care what he said. Dark Irons are Dwarves, just like indigenous white Europeans and indigenous Australians are... *gasp* humans.

They pulled Meme Elves out of their asses, Crackelves could have easily remained as just another race out there in the world with no relevance past their current storyline.

Same with Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2018-01-28 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think it is reasonable to assume that there will be at least 2 more Allied Races announced for each faction before BfA is released, or shortly after release if it is part of patch content.
    This.

Kul'tirans and Orc Clans seem like they're just about inevitable at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Alliance: Kul turas humans, little fox things
    Vulpera are in a horde zone and the horde help with and work with them, so they join the alliance...?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I don't care what he said. Dark Irons are Dwarves, just like indigenous white Europeans and indigenous Australians are... *gasp* humans.

They pulled Meme Elves out of their asses, Crackelves could have easily remained as just another race out there in the world with no relevance past their current storyline.

Same with Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei.
    Your lack of caring is your own problem.

They're doing low hanging fruit, right now, absolutely. And they're doing a shitload of it. BFA will see at least six new playable races, with a projection that there will be more after launch. Even if you consider them to be palette swaps or whatever other derogation you'd like to apply to them, it means new stories, new lore, and new options. And it's going to be boatloads. We haven't seen this many new player race options since WoW -launched-.

But what has been released (or rather will be released) does not limit what can be released. That they're doing "Palette Swaps" today does not mean they can't do "Completely New" tomorrow.

Do you understand that as a concept, Voidwielder? Like, on a completely intellectual plane of reasoning? That they CAN do more even if they AREN'T right now?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    So you're god damn right I want to run around as an adorable little fox person with a stealth animation that looks like I'm trying to see how many butts I can touch without being caught, because that's the complete and total opposite of the life I live.

I get enough edgy and violent and sad offline, forgive me if I dare want some fantasy in my fantasy game.
    We'll allow your fantasy for now, but we've got our eye on you little animal lover

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope we'll never see vulpera outside of their zone, in which they should all been slaugthered by zandalari already. A useless race that appeals to 8 yo kids coming out of their asses . The day those things join horde or alliance is the day i call it quits

at least vulpera are better than those ass elves blizzard put in the game, and definitely will be better than more elves

the best option is no to both anyway

Agree.

I don't want any race from WoW to be playable. Vulpera/tortollans are one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your lack of caring is your own problem.

They're doing low hanging fruit, right now, absolutely. And they're doing a shitload of it. BFA will see at least six new playable races, with a projection that there will be more after launch. Even if you consider them to be palette swaps or whatever other derogation you'd like to apply to them, it means new stories, new lore, and new options. And it's going to be boatloads. We haven't seen this many new player race options since WoW -launched-.

But what has been released (or rather will be released) does not limit what can be released. That they're doing "Palette Swaps" today does not mean they can't do "Completely New" tomorrow.

Do you understand that as a concept, Voidwielder? Like, on a completely intellectual plane of reasoning? That they CAN do more even if they AREN'T right now?
    Yeah, I really don't see how anyone can have an issue with the addition of 6-8 new playable races with new stories and experiences. Getting eventual new barbershop options will be awesome as well.

I've been critical of WoW over the years but they've been knocking it out with Legion and now the upcoming BfA.

Also will be boosting a nightborne (just to knock out some artifact skins real fast) rogue that might become a vulpera later if they're improved and become playable. :P

My point is simply that I dont understand this hype over more races the moment they are revealed on sites such as WoWhead.
    For example, I dont recall the internet going this crazy back in Wrath of the Lich King about races such as Tuskaar and Wolvars.
    Because Tuskaar and Wolvar were two or three different models each.

These are in a wide range of colours, faces and include 'underwear' models, which would suggest they're designed to also throw existing armour over their models.

Basically, people are just bored and get into random speculation.

Since Allied Races are the new hotness of BfA, a lot of people love to go wild and claim everything and anything datamined as potential Allied Race.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals