Significant Nerfs Coming

https://playhearthstone.com/en-gb/blog/21361570/

tl;dr

Bonemare costs 8
    Corridor Creeper has 2 attack
    Patches loses charge
    Raza sets Hero Power cost to 1.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Sounds good to me as I don't currently run any of those cards, I would have thought they might have nerfed warlock somehow too.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Sounds good to me as I don't currently run any of those cards, I would have thought they might have nerfed warlock somehow too.
    i was expecting a nerf to warlock as well

And that while I just crafted 2 Corridor Creepers last night, but I'm sure you'll get to DE them for full dust.

These nerfs seem to be on point. Bonemare was way to much value for 7 mana, on 8 it hould be fairly balanced but still good. Maybe they could've classified it as a beast aswell. Corridor nerf seems pretty harsh and I doubt that its going to see play now. Really glad to see Patches and Raza nerfed, though I'm surprised they are only doing this now when the rotation is about to come after a few months.

I was hoping to see a warlock nerf aswell, seems like they are going to be the top dogs now. Maybe nerf Voidlord to a 3/6, or make him summon 2 Voidwalkers instead of 3. Dark Pact is also to good for its cost, should be nerfed from 1 mana to 3 imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bonemare is a good nerf. It's currently hilariously strong at 7, and will still be an excellent card at 8 (9/9 worth of stats + taunt is still over budget).

Creeper will become basically pointless. 2 attack is not threatening anything, and it will only be good if you can get it out for free on turn 4 or something along with other cards against aggro decks. There's no reason to slot it in your deck now.

Patches nerf was too long in coming. May he rot in hell.

Raza nerf is probably the best way they could go about it, though it does make me sad for my Wild Dragon Reno deck which used Raza almost exclusively for the healing each turn. Though I guess... yeah, it was too strong there too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Really glad to see Patches and Raza nerfed, though I'm surprised they are only doing this now when the rotation is about to come after a few months.
    Wild still exists =)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Patches isn't in charge anymore. :'(
    That's quite a blow for some classes, mainly big/machinegun priest.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

"Corridor Creeper has 2 attack"

I dont understand blizzards logic. I'm not at all a fan of Corridor Creeper, i never used it in a deck, i think its a disgusting card. But how do they sometimes just miss, that they release a super godlike card and then a while later they not nerf, but just destroy it?

I wish they could have nerfed Guldan.
    Last edited by PPN; 2018-01-30 at 05:57 AM.

I think they're quite decent nerfs (aside from corridor creeper, that's just utterly destroyed). Priest combo had to be destroyed, simple as that, wasn't fun to play against. Bonemare seems quite balanced now actually. Patches also seems decent, since you can still pull it from your deck which is it's main strength.
    Inspecting raid instance floors since 2005

10+ Year Old Account
    happy about the changes, i get a free legendary, 2 epics, and another free epic because golden bonemare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    "Corridor Creeper has 2 attack"

I dont understand blizzards logic. I'm not at all a fan of Corridor Creeper, i never used it in a deck, i think its a disgusting card. But how do they sometimes just miss, that they release a super godlike card and then a while later they not nerf, but just destroy it?
    they're just retarded. they should increased mana cost to 9 or 10 imho. a 2/5 isn't going to do all that much, barely trades with anything.

Bonemare is a good nerf. Still a solid card considering you get 5/5 on the board and superior version of BoK

Corridor Creeper nerf is too extreme. Nerfing it to 4/5 with base 8 mana cost would have been better.

Patches nerf comes way too late. Card will be out of rotation in a month for standard so I really don’t care.

Raza nerf is fine. I think nerfing shadow visions would have been better.

It confuses me that they can release reasonable nerfs and then do Corridor Creeper in the same exact patch.

Deleted
    Huge nerfs overall. Aside from warlock probable domination, I wonder if mage and shaman makes a comeback.

10+ Year Old Account
    The nerfs are good and make sense, Patches and Raza have been too dominant too long and we dont need that to continue in wild.
    Bonemare is fine but corridor creeper seems a bit ott to me.
    I think they overnerfed corridor crepper though, they should have made it so it only reduces when friendly minions die not all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    I think they overnerfed corridor crepper though, they should have made it so it only reduces when friendly minions die not all.
    And it would still be ridiculous in any aggro deck. Yeah right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfeckiy View Post
    And it would still be ridiculous in any aggro deck. Yeah right.
    I don't think it would be an auto include like now but it would still be good instead of unplayable like it will be. You would need 7 of your own minions to die to make it free, that's a lot of your own minions meaning to play it for free, therefore it would be a lot later in the game or your opponent will have had a lot of answers already. It certainly will not be a turn 3/4 minion like it is now, but can still provide a big tempo swing when needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychohamster View Post
    Huge nerfs overall. Aside from warlock probable domination, I wonder if mage and shaman makes a comeback.
    Shaman remains dead.

With those nerfs, you have a better chance against tempo based decks, this is a massive blow for Rogues due the Patches, Bonemare and Corridor Creeper nerf.
    However, since Rogues presumably drops in popularity anyway due these nerfs, Shaman doesn't even really benefit from them indirectly, in fact these nerfs make evolve (once again) even worse.
    Getting a 2/5 as 7 drop is horrible, yet another bad 8 drop makes once powerhouse of 8 Mana even worse.

Shaman is dead because it relies on board control, yet has no tools to comeback or recover from a boardclear (=Card draw).

Bad cards didn't "kill" Shaman, the insane Board clear they've been giving to Warlocks & Priest killed Shaman.

My prediction is that we're currently in another phase of Blackrock Mountain / TGT, the next set won't make Shaman viable (as far too many good cards are part of Old Gods, Kara & Mean streets that will rotate) but will still have powerful cards (similiar to Totem Golem, Tuskarr Totemic, Thunder bluff Valiant) and then the expansion afterwards Shaman will make crushing comeback into the meta with totally bonkers cards.

In my opinion, both Shaman and Priest are a proof of failure of the HS Balance team, Priest will most likely get really bad cards for the next two expansions and be in the same spot as before Mean Streets (or the position Shaman is now currently in) and then once again get make a come back, just like Priest itself and Shaman did once League of Explorers / Mean Streets were released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably making room for some design space in the next expansion then again Patches has been good in virtually every deck for two whole years.

Bonemare: Balanced.
    Corridor Creeper: Balanced in arena, no reason to play it in constructed.
    Patches: Still good in a specialized pirate decks but the 'Pirate Package' is gone.
    Raza the Chained: Not so oppressive any more.

Kinda pissed off I don't have duplicates of any of these to cash in on the dust refund. I guess that's why they nerfed 2 legendaries because no one's got duplicates.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2018-01-30 at 11:17 PM.

All hail the new king cubelock !!!
    And his Queen the Aggro Paladin.
    Oh and Hunter and Mage can shine maybe we see a comeback of Jade Druid.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2018-01-30 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    maybe we see a comeback of Jade Druid.
    For a month?

All hail the new king cubelock !!!
    And his Queen the Aggro Paladin.
    Blizzard won't nerf those, too many people have been hoarding their duplicate commons and rares for this moment.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2018-01-30 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Can regain the full cost of my patches then. Lata bitch