Thread: screenshots

screenshots

i know where the folder is but the ss are not saving there any ideas on how to find the path they are saving to?
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

Deleted
    Are you pressing the right key?

You could also use the computer's search tool to look for pics named "WoWScrnShot".

yea it says captured and i have the folder in my wow files but the ss are not saving there its like the path to save got changed

so what i am asking is how do i find the /c: path is there a setting in wow?
    Last edited by upirlikhyi; 2018-01-30 at 09:00 AM.

Stitched Up Heart

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you perhaps using an addon that messes with screenshots? While not for WoW, I've played MMOs with such addons available and they tend to have their own screenshot folder.

didn't windows change something and now it doesnt get 'auto saved', but you need to manually save it each one there or something? i think i remember reading something along those lines a while ago, but do not quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Are you perhaps using an addon that messes with screenshots? While not for WoW, I've played MMOs with such addons available and they tend to have their own screenshot folder.
    i had fraps but i uninstalled it a while back

wonder if that did it cause i dont think any of the addons are ss

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    didn't windows change something and now it doesnt get 'auto saved', but you need to manually save it each one there or something? i think i remember reading something along those lines a while ago, but do not quote me on that.
    thats what i am trying to figure out lol

edit reinstalled fraps not in there
    Last edited by upirlikhyi; 2018-01-30 at 09:08 AM.

Stitched Up Heart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by upirlikhyi View Post
    yea it says captured and i have the folder in my wow files but the ss are not saving there its like the path to save got changed

so what i am asking is how do i find the /c: path is there a setting in wow?
    Like I said, use the basic search tool. If they don't go to the default folder, nobody here can know where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Like I said, use the basic search tool. If they don't go to the default folder, nobody here can know where they are.
    i tried that thanks it didnt work

ugh i need to figure this out so i can keep em

ty

Stitched Up Heart

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, let's knock out a basic question:

Are you positive it's not in the screenshot folder? If you have a lot of screenshots, this can be an issue. Right click an empty space on the folder and make sure it's being sorted by date.

I assume that's not the issue, but as someone who's had that issue in the past, I figured, "what if it really is something small like that?".

Are there any screenshots in that folder at all? I think that there is a max number of screenshots that can get saved, before no other ones are written to the folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Well, let's knock out a basic question:

Are you positive it's not in the screenshot folder? If you have a lot of screenshots, this can be an issue. Right click an empty space on the folder and make sure it's being sorted by date.

I assume that's not the issue, but as someone who's had that issue in the past, I figured, "what if it really is something small like that?".
    yes i cleaned it out and took a new ss

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Levaustian View Post
    Are there any screenshots in that folder at all? I think that there is a max number of screenshots that can get saved, before no other ones are written to the folder.
    i copy pasted the old ones to a new folder

- - - Updated - - -

renamed the folder and it took a ss and saved

Stitched Up Heart

Make sure there's not a permission issue somewhere or the folder is, for some reason, set to read only.

Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    Make sure there's not a permission issue somewhere or the folder is, for some reason, set to read only.
    Wanted to type the same...

Maybe you should try to start WoW as an admin and then take a pic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    WoW screenshots are always saved in a specific filename format, e.g. "WoWScrnShot_012918_090347.jpg" So you could search the folder or drive where your WoW installation resides for "WoWScrnShot_*.jpg" for example and locate where these files are.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

ty everyone i got it fixed to where they are saving where the should be. tech on blizz forums said rename the folder and it worked

Stitched Up Heart