What is the best new Allied Race for Mistweaver?

I get all of my information from the MMOC front page I don't do discord anymore so I figured I would ask here. There are a couple good ones that synergize well with mistweaver, the 5% healing increase and the 1% versatility bonus are two of the ones I noticed seemed really good are they the best if they were released right now.

Inb4 Sheet it, but haha this isn't I don't have to use the sheet.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

play whatever you want
    it rarely makes a difference what race you go for

Quote Originally Posted by Madh4tter View Post
    play whatever you want
    it rarely makes a difference what race you go for
    Ahh, okay. I'm a gnome right now didn't know if that was fine for mistweaver. So I don't need to get a race change then being a gnome is fine I think it gives haste?
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Ahh, okay. I'm a gnome right now didn't know if that was fine for mistweaver. So I don't need to get a race change then being a gnome is fine I think it gives haste?
    racials make little difference in the grand scheme of things. However void elf is teetering on the lines of too good. No caster pushback, 5% increase in healing and a free teleport. For the pushback alone void elf is extremely good for any casters.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I mean, I'm going Void Elf, but that has nothing to do with the passives and everything to do with me wanting to play a void elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends if you want PvE or PvP racials.

LF Draenei is prob best for PvE. If you do a lot of M+, BELF is still at the top with Arcane Torrent (which is getting nerfed down to 2.5m CD soon).

For PvP, probably VELF since you don't get damage interrupted and you have a second teleport ability to get away.

Kinda funny how I listed both Alliance races when I play Horde... But it's true. I'd say HM Taurens are best for BrMs hands down though. Nightborne is really strong with casters.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

As a PvE perspective :

Just unlocked void elf and race changed my Nelf monk. Gotta say : it feels good to be a blood elf again. Sure, I'm going to miss shadowmeld to reset aggro/necrotic stacks, but this teleport, despite having 3 min cooldown, looks really powerful. We may be able to skip some trash with it...will test more once I'm back from work.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Nightborne has nothing that boosts healing, so they're out.

VE and HT have comparable throughput racials (1% vers is 1% healing, 5% healing with 20% uptime is 1% on average).

So it comes down to Spacial Rift + Preternatural Calm + 1% shadow resist vs .5% less damage taken + Rugged Tenacity + Charge.

I'd say VE for sure in PvP for preternatural calm but for PvE taking less damage overall might be more valuable since pushback isn't that common.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    LF Draenei is prob best for PvE.
    I don't see how you can really say that. Holy damage is incredibly rare, which makes holy resistance pretty negligible. The nuke doesn't help you heal and the suicide skill... requires you to die and isn't even that strong.

More importantly than that LFD can't even be monks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post

VE and HT have comparable throughput racials (1% vers is 1% healing, 5% healing with 20% uptime is 1% on average).

So it comes down to Spacial Rift + Preternatural Calm + 1% shadow resist vs .5% less damage taken + Rugged Tenacity + Charge.

I'd say VE for sure in PvP for preternatural calm but for PvE taking less damage overall might be more valuable since pushback isn't that common.

I don't see how you can really say that. Holy damage is incredibly rare, which makes holy resistance pretty negligible. The nuke doesn't help you heal and the suicide skill... requires you to die and isn't even that strong.

Not much to add the topic; i think gnome is the superior race on azeroth.
    But 1% vers isnt necessarily 1% healing. If you heal for 100, having 1% vers would make you heal for 101 (1%). However if you already had 10% vers youd be healing 110. An additional 1% vers would make you heal for 111, which is only 0.9% gain. If you had 20% vera your heal would increase from 120 to 121, an 8.3% gain. Etc.
    Being a proc of 5% can be both good and bad. Lining up with burst could result in a larger net gain than just its average uptime. On the flip side, not having it when you need it effectively makes it useless, especially as a healer.

Play what you like based on looks/animation/lore whatever. The numbers are close enough to not make as much difference as your willingness to play more.
    Utility is another matter, i cant comment on that until some uses have been discovered

7+ Year Old Account
    Allied race suck. Don't play them. They ruin wow.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Stacie; 2018-02-12 at 09:43 AM. Reason: INFRACTION

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Allied race suck. Don't play them. They ruin wow.
    Opinions are a magical thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Kinda funny how I listed both Alliance races when I play Horde... But it's true. I'd say HM Taurens are best for BrMs hands down though. Nightborne is really strong with casters.
    Arguably they're probably the best prot warrior and guardian druid too. The Allied race racials are really good with the caveat that unlike other races, they're not as universally good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Arguably they're probably the best prot warrior and guardian druid too. The Allied race racials are really good with the caveat that unlike other races, they're not as universally good.
    If they keep that racial going into BfA, I can see them being best M+ race as well. That 1.5s AoE knockdown stun on a 2m CD is probably the best M+ racial in the game, especially since Arcane Torrent is getting nerfed to 2.5m CD.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because I said that before looking at how much their light blast and death damage/heals actually did. I assumed that 3m racial would hit hard as fuck because you know, 3m CD, which would be great for M+ trash packs, etc. But nope, it hits for literal garbage, so they are pretty shit right now. Maybe with the stat squish it will be good though. Have to wait and see.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

For alliance Human is still king for PVP.

Mistweavers die in stuns more than any other healer, and having an extra way to get out of stuns is invaluable.

Spatial Rift is useless for a class that has exceptional mobility, and a teleport on a short CD already.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    For alliance Human is still king for PVP.
    Well yeah, but this thread is specifically about allied races.