Page 1 of 3
LastLast

No Zandalari/Dark iron at launch

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281245/b...tle-for-azerot

It appears these will "definitely" (Wow, we ar lucky) be in BfA though...

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean that interview doesn't say that anywhere but ok

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post

Yeah, this has been known. One must do the quests in BfA to be able to play them.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    From the post
    "They will definitely have different recruitment requirements but definitely in the Battle for Azeroth time frame just not at launch."

From this, I read that it will come in a patch 8.1 or later

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    From the post
    "They will definitely have different recruitment requirements but definitely in the Battle for Azeroth time frame just not at launch."

From this, I read that it will come in a patch 8.1 or later

Did anyone actually expect them to be available as soon as the expansion launched? Presumably you would have needed to get exalted with their respective factions and complete all of the quests, which are likely to be time-gated. At the earliest it would take a couple of weeks to unlock them, even if they were pre-loaded into the game.

As a matter of fact I did, and I don't consider a few weeks of time gating a problem, but what was said made it sound like it was not a given in early BfA (8.1 or later)

And from the Ion interview (WoWHead):

Will we have access to Dark Iron Dwarves and Zandalari trolls before or after Battle for Azeroth has released?
    After BFA has released and you are working towards 120, you'll be able to work towards future Allied Race unlock requirements.

Doesn't really confirm deny anything which makes it even more plausible to come later.
    Last edited by Lushious; 2018-01-30 at 08:31 PM.

I don't think they ever said they would be. But I guess OP had assumed they would be.

We probably are lucky. I feel people like the OP think these decisions are made lightly. There's probably a very good reason they won't be available at launch. If I had to guess, it would likely be to release BFA that much earlier instead of waiting for them to be ready at launch.

Just my guess.

- - - Updated - - -

As a matter of fact I did, and I don't consider a few weeks of time gating a problem, but what was said made it sound like it was not a given in early BfA (8.1 or later)

Will we have access to Dark Iron Dwarves and Zandalari trolls before or after Battle for Azeroth has released?
    After BFA has released and you are working towards 120, you'll be able to work towards future Allied Race unlock requirements.

Doesn't really confirm deny anything which makes it even more plausible to come later.
    You're kinda drawing conclusions from a statement that aren't there.

To me it implies that there will be a Dark Iron and Zandalari focussed patch after release, so it makes sense that they won't be obtainable at launch.

I think a great amount of people expects them at launch, yes. And I do agree I'm drawing conclusions (Though, the could just give a clearer answer).

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Did anyone actually expect them to be available as soon as the expansion launched? Presumably you would have needed to get exalted with their respective factions and complete all of the quests, which are likely to be time-gated. At the earliest it would take a couple of weeks to unlock them, even if they were pre-loaded into the game.
    I did...in fact i'd say they are a major selling point for a lot of ppl.
    I will wait till they are playable to buy the expansion...Blizzard can shove their gated content up where the sun don't shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    I will wait till they are playable to buy the expansion...Blizzard can shove their gated content up where the sun don't shine.
    I'm just saying, Allied Races are clearly something you have to earn by playing the expansion. That's the case with all the Allied Races so far, I don't know where you got the idea that Zandalari and Dark Irons, and inevitably Draenor Orcs and Kul Tiran Humans would be otherwise. That's not exactly Blizzard's problem.

That doesn't even make sense. Allied races are different than normal ones. They require the Alliance/Horde to win over their trust.

The Horde can't do that before going to Zandalar and that means the Alliance will have to wait to get their Dark Iron Dwarves out of fairness.

So people thought you were going to get Dwarves / Trolls at launch, without doing any related quests or rep? :thinking: We literally are only getting 4 Allied races today because we've done stories and reps with the related races.

Some people have too many pipedreams and need to use their brains more.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

tbh i expected them to be realesed at 8.1, dunno why, just had that feeling

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Christ, try reading what he's saying: "Will we have access to Dark Iron Dwarves and Zandalari trolls before or after Battle for Azeroth has released?
    After BFA has released and you are working towards 120, you'll be able to work towards future Allied Race unlock requirements. "

Once BFA has been released, you'll reach max level, do the requirement and blammo! Obviously they aren't available "at launch" because they'll have requirements that you haven't completed at lauch.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    So people thought you were going to get Dwarves / Trolls at launch, without doing any related quests or rep? :thinking: We literally are only getting 4 Allied races today because we've done stories and reps with the related races.

Some people have too many pipedreams and need to use their brains more.
    Maybe you should read better?
    Never did I say anything about not earning them. I don't mind Rep/quest/time gating AS LONG as it's in 8.0 (After launch day). My problem is, it sounds like its 8.1 or later

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Christ, try reading what he's saying: "Will we have access to Dark Iron Dwarves and Zandalari trolls before or after Battle for Azeroth has released?
    After BFA has released and you are working towards 120, you'll be able to work towards future Allied Race unlock requirements. "

Once BFA has been released, you'll reach max level, do the requirement and blammo! Obviously they aren't available "at launch" because they'll have requirements that you haven't completed at lauch.
    Cute.
    "...you'll be able to work towards future Allied Race unlock requirements. "
    Also says work towards, not acquiring

But a fair point regarding your "at launch" statement - I do hope it means what you say
    Last edited by Lushious; 2018-01-30 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    That doesn't even make sense. Allied races are different than normal ones. They require the Alliance/Horde to win over their trust.

The Horde can't do that before going to Zandalar and that means the Alliance will have to wait to get their Dark Iron Dwarves out of fairness.
    You can "earn" them by doing the quests...there is no need to wait x weeks to unlock them.
    Any kind of rep grind and gated content doesn't make sense when you are talking about a major selling point, well not to me at least...if i had to grind to make a DH or a DK i would have never leveled any of those.

Thats how I read it... but there could also be a substantial delay and the statement would still be true.

That would be fine.
    You level your main and unlock the zandalari or the dark iron depending on your faction.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    You can "earn" them by doing the quests...there is no need to wait x weeks to unlock them.
    Any kind of rep grind and gated content doesn't make sense when you are talking about a major selling point, well not to me at least...if i had to grind to make a DH or a DK i would have never leveled any of those.
    You had to grind to a certain level to make both a DK and a DH.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be fine.
    You level your main and unlock the zandalari or the dark iron depending on your faction.
    Nope, it would not be fine. Adding a story with requirements, quests, achievements, rep whatever - is perfectly fine.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann