Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Am I the only one?

Is anyone else disappointed that the new Allied Races have been factioned to their existing twin-race?

High mountain Tauren & Tauren both Horde.

Lightforged Draenei and Draenei both Alliance.

Feels like pointless sub races?

15+ Year Old Account
    I’m mostly disappointed that the lighforged Draenei can’t be shaman even though there are Draenei shaman. Other than that, I feel like the Allied races faction choices do make sense. I wouldn’t expext Alleria to join the Horde and it seems equally weird for the Highmountain Tauren not to choose to go with their fellow Tauren. I just hope this opens the gates for more diverse Allied races in the future.

All of them have a twin race in your faction. Making all 6 a new race rather than a cosmetic option is a bit silly, but not the end of the world. These are also there to spark old players to reroll and use the new scaled zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I’m mostly disappointed that the lighforged Draenei can’t be shaman even though there are Draenei shaman. Other than that, I feel like the Allied races faction choices do make sense. I wouldn’t expext Alleria to join the Horde and it seems equally weird for the Highmountain Tauren not to choose to go with their fellow Tauren. I just hope this opens the gates for more diverse Allied races in the future.
    They did learn to be shammiea from orcs. Lightforges didnt have any contact to that until the end of Legion. Imediately it doesn't make sense, but down the line as they expand options it could.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Alleria shouldn't join Horde, since she's in into of Void elves. Atleast for BfA she will stay on blue side.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito

All of them have a twin race in your faction. Making all 6 a new race rather than a cosmetic option is a bit silly, but not the end of the world. These are also there to spark old players to reroll and use the new scaled zones.
    This statement is wrong:
    Void elves has cross-faction "twin race" (Belves).
    Nighbornes are the Night elves "copy", so these both are crossfaction.

This rule not applyed to Taurens and Draenei tho, they are keeping them in same faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They did learn to be shammiea from orcs. Lightforges didnt have any contact to that until the end of Legion. Imediately it doesn't make sense, but down the line as they expand options it could.
    They learned to be shaman from Nobundo I think it was after Draenor was destroyed into Outland.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    the draenei became shamans when they got to draenor, they learned to be shamans from the orcs
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It makes sense to have one "swap" and one "twin" subrace though.

They're still not subraces though

I feel the same way about the Shaman. Boo Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'm disappointed Horde doesn't get Void Elves more than anything. I'd give Nightborne up for that.

Mostly to keep the model in the proper faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    Is anyone else disappointed that the new Allied Races have been factioned to their existing twin-race?

Not true, the nightborne join the horde despite being descended from night elves. Still salty about that as a night elf even if I can understand their logic. It's why we have an entire thread dedicated to hating Tyrande for pushing them in that direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    They learned to be shaman from Nobundo I think it was after Draenor was destroyed into Outland.
    The light forged had gone their own way long before that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account

Wrong, they learned from Draenor elements after the destruction of shatrath.
    It was an answer to a plea for help from those who were cut off from the light, it makes sense the lightforged not taking that path.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post

theres always others, like the Yaungol for the alliance and the Manari for the horde if they really want to go that route

It would be a very dangerous precedent to do swaps for EVERY allied race. In no time, all silhouettes would be available to both factions, which most people would surely agree is a bad thing.

I feel like they should have gone to the opposite Faction just so you could have cool races on either side. I love Draenei, but I am die hard Horde. So I ll never get to play them, My dream would be if Broken became a neutral playable race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    Actually they are. From the devs' most recent interview, currently on MMO Champion's homepage:

Allied Races will be using the dance of their base race.
    I'm aware they previously stated alliad races don't have a "parent" race, but they just contradicted themselves.

so you want asspull lore where highmountain SUDDENLY go to aliance, and Lightforged to horde? This will be the biggest plottwist in the world i think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'm disappointed Horde doesn't get Void Elves more than anything. I'd give Nightborne up for that.
    I'm still holding out hope that the Horde will get high elven Forsaken -- Darkfallen, San'layn, or whatever they want to call them.

Even if a lot of people would say they're just "more elves," there were always supposed to be undead high elves amongst the Forsaken. Maybe use the Nightfallen models as the base template so they don't look so much like blood elves and void elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    Subraces by a different name. Lightforged, draenei, krokul, and man'ari are all subraces of eredar, regardless of how you word it.

They're only using the term "Allied Race" because they wanted to do something more in-depth than add extra customization options to existing races, in part because in many cases it would break the story progression -- why would a Lightforged draenei start their journey on the Exodar?

This is their answer to that. Give them a story hook so players can unlock them (increase player engagement / playtime), then give them a starting experience that bypasses the standard starting experience for their parent races.

The light forged had gone their own way long before that.
    Yup. Just pointing out that it shouldn't be impossible for the lightforged to learn shamanism if the normal draenei could.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.