Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Level 110 Boost Details, Doomsayer's Robes Toy, BfA System Requirements, Hotfixes

Mad King's Laboratory: Zen's Flash Necromancer

New Warrior Legendary Weapon Reveal: Woecleaver

Battle for Azeroth - Level 110 Boost Details
    If you use your Level 110 boost, your character will:

• Start with item level 870
    • Have the Broken Shore into complete, but all of the remaining quests incomplete
    • Have only one Artifact weapon, which is Level 35 with 3 x item level 870 Relics
    • Have only the hub for each zone (including the Broken Shore) flight paths unlocked
    • Have professions (including First Aid) boosted to 700, if the character is Level 60+
    • Have your Order Hall unlocked, but no progress on the campaign or followers.
    • Have Embersilk Bags
    • Have none of Argus complete and be at the intro quests

Doomsayer's Robes Toy Discovered
    The Secret Finding Discord discovered the Doomsayer's Robes!

Kill Gordon MacKellar in Stormwind or Charles Gastly in Orgrimmar for a chance at getting the toy. The respawn time is roughly 6 minutes and there are often groups, as the tagging of the NPC can be shared.

Battle for Azeroth - System Requirements
    New system requirements were recently posted and we took a look at how they compare to the old ones. If you are ready to upgrade you can take a look at our Computer Forums or Build of the Month.

Mac requirements are listed on the here.

Minimum
    • Operating Systems: Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 changed to Windows 7 64-bit
    • Intel CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 increased to Intel Core i5-760
    • AMD CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 increased to AMD FX-8100
    • Drive Space: 45 GB increased to 70 GB.
    • Nvidia GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 increased to NVIDIA GeForce GT 560 2GB
    • AMD GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5670 increased to AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    • Intel GPU: Intel HD Graphics 5000 increased to Intel HD Graphics 530 (45W)
    • Memory: 2 GB increased to 4 GB

Recommended
    • Intel CPU: Intel Core i5-3330 increased to Intel Core i7-4770
    • AMD CPU: AMD FX-6300 increased to AMD FX-8310
    • Nvidia GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti increased to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
    • AMD GPU: AMD Radeon R7 260X increased to AMD Radeon R9 280
    • Memory: 4 GB increased to 8 GB

Patch 7.3.5 - January 30 Hotfixes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Achievements

Class Halls
    • Gnomish hunters have fitted many of their non-gnome friends with stylish-yet-functional C.O.N.T.A.C.T lenses, preventing them from seeing double of Emmarel Shadewarden in Trueshot Lodge.

Dungeons and Raids

Player versus Player
    Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Balance
      • PvP template Versatility reduced by 15%
      • PvP template Intellect reduced by 2%
    • Feral

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Beast Mastery
      • PvP template Agility increased by 3%
    • Marksmanship
      • PvP template Agility decreased by 1.5%

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Arcane
      • PvP template Intellect reduced by 2%
      • Arcane Power now increases damage by 25% in PvP situations, down from 30%

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Windwalker
      • PvP template Agility reduced by 2.5%

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Holy
      • Pure of Heart now removes 1 poison and 1 disease effect from the target, instead of all poison and disease effects
    • Protection
      • PvP template Versatility reduced by 25%

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Holy
      • PvP template Intellect increased by 3%
      • Renew heals for an additional 75% in PvP situations, down from an additional 100%
      • Rapid Mending increases the range of Prayer of Mending by 10 yards, down from 20 yards
      • Ray of Hope now only increases healing caused by the casting Priest by 50%, rather than all incoming healing on the target

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Assassination
      • PvP template Agility reduced by 2.5%
    • Subtlety
      • PvP template Agility reduced by 3%

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    • Elemental
      • PvP template Intellect reduced by 1.5%
      • Icefury increases the damage of Frost Shock by 250% in PvP situations, down from 300%

Quests
    • The Vashj'ir quest "Setting an Example" should no longer be displayed on map after it becomes inaccessible.
    • Garrison Invasion NPCs should now always scale from level 90-100.
    • Horde players should no longer have inconsistent difficulties when swapping between Vol'jin's Arsenal and the Arcane Sanctum in Talador.
    • The Duskwood quest "Cry For the Moon" should now appear on the map if it is the next quest in the zone's storyline.
    • Brawler's Guild: Rumble cards should again work properly.

yay, no warlock pvp nerfs

No warlock PVE nerfs either. They admitted in the Q&A they're way too strong but decided to keep them that way just like in MOP. Nothing surprising really.

5+ Year Old Account
    "Mac requirements are listed on the here." lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosweaver View Post
    No warlock PVE nerfs either. They admitted in the Q&A they're way too strong but decided to keep them that way just like in MOP. Nothing surprising really.
    That's astonishing. They openly nerfed Shadow Priests because they were reaching Afflock's level in council fights one week after Antorus patch, removing all hopes of any sort of utility in MM+ dungeons, but they still allow this nonsense.
    I just can't understand the decision making when it comes to balance classes.

The boost is nice. Still wondering if I use it on the only remaining class I don't have (Warrior) at least for the Class Campaign FoS, or if I keep it for instant Allied Race...
    The fact that you're skipping the Artifact intro quest sucks, though. Some of them are really interesting and you'll never experience it unless you grind all your way to lvl 110.

Deleted
    Level 110 Character boost is totally flawed - don't use it yet. Excessive waiting times until boost is complete. Primary professions boost should be 800, not 700. Legion profession quests in Dalaran are missing, no progress possible. Start quests in Suramar are not available from Khadgar, can't get your emissary quest from WQ's. No direct access to Draenor anymore, no garrison, no garrison hearthstone. A rip-off, if you ask me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpac View Post
    Level 110 Character boost is totally flawed - don't use it yet. Excessive waiting times until boost is complete. Primary professions boost should be 800, not 700. Legion profession quests in Dalaran are missing, no progress possible. Start quests in Suramar are not available from Khadgar, can't get your emissary quest from WQ's. No direct access to Draenor anymore, no garrison, no garrison hearthstone. A rip-off, if you ask me!
    *gasp* that was totally unexpected to happen.

Never p(l)ay on patchday you amateurs

The new spec requirements, you'd think we're playing a high end graphics game...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The new spec requirements, you'd think we're playing a high end graphics game...
    More to do with the fact 32 bit and DX9 support is gone in BFA and the previous cards would run the DX11 client like garbage.

And you can still go and get a 750 ti cheap and it will run it decently. Just because it's been removed from recommended doesn't mean it won't run it well anymore.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-31 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    *gasp* that was totally unexpected to happen.

Never p(l)ay on patchday you amateurs
    Patch day was weeks ago.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    More to do with the fact 32 bit and DX9 support is gone in BFA and the previous cards would run the DX11 client like garbage.

And you can still go and get a 750 ti cheap and it will run it decently.
    It's still weird that they would recommend an i7 for a game which is hardly optimized to take advantage of a quad core let alone a quad core with hyper-threading along with dumping the 6300 entirely. The extra frequency, sure, but then why not just say (in the case of Intel) an i5-4690 which has a higher base frequency and similar turbo?

It'd make sense if they optimized the engine to not be garbage when it comes to threading but I haven't heard any such comments.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2018-01-31 at 01:35 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    It's still weird that they would recommend an i7 for a game which is hardly optimized to take advantage of a quad core let alone a quad core with hyper-threading in much the same way they're dumping a 6300 for an 8310. The extra frequency, sure, but then why not just say (in the case of Intel) an i5-4690 which has a higher base frequency and similar turbo?

It'd make sense if they optimized the engine to not be garbage when it comes to threading but I haven't heard any such comments.
    Maybe they are doing it internally for post launch or when DX12 is ready? Who knows really. Maybe they will have more freedom to optimize it with DX9/32 bit gone?

But yeah I do find it odd that they are recommending an I7.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-31 at 01:36 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they are doing it internally for post launch or when DX12 is ready? Who knows really. Maybe they will have more freedom to optimize it with DX9/32 bit gone?

But yeah I do find it odd that they are recommending an I7.
    I just saw a wccftech article saying that there could very well be DX12 optimization since a GXAPI_D2D12 string has been datamined but at the same time wccftech isn't exactly a bastion of trust so it'll be interesting to see how this unfolds in regards to performance if it turns out to be true.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I just saw a wccftech article saying that there could very well be DX12 optimization since a GXAPI_D2D12 string has been datamined but at the same time wccftech isn't exactly a bastion of trust so it'll be interesting to see how this unfolds in regards to performance if it turns out to be true.
    The string wouldn't be there if they had no intention.

It'll probably be tested on Alpha/Beta or later on post launch like 11 was in Cata and then fully implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    [*]Have only one Artifact weapon, which is Level 35 with 3 x item level 870 Relics
    I haven't used my boost yet; how does it know which Artifact Weapon to start you off with? And does it remove the story/quest to get it, since you already have it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Can someone clarify - if you boost 1 to 110 with 1/800 professions, would they be boosted?
    And if you do it with 60+ do you need to have 300+ profession to be boosted?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darqsat View Post
    Can someone clarify - if you boost 1 to 110 with 1/800 professions, would they be boosted?
    And if you do it with 60+ do you need to have 300+ profession to be boosted?
    Only the so-called "veteran" boost boots you main professions. You need to be character level 60+ with two active primary professions for that, and it's sufficient that these are just skill level 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Growel View Post
    I haven't used my boost yet; how does it know which Artifact Weapon to start you off with? And does it remove the story/quest to get it, since you already have it?
    The artifact weapon you get depends on your active spec at boost time. The story is not removed, you can pick it up at your class hall later.

Anyone knows what happens if you haven't used you level 100 boost from Legion yet?

Deleted
    WOW.... time to throw my Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 system to the grabage bin

And you can still go and get a 750 ti cheap and it will run it decently. Just because it's been removed from recommended doesn't mean it won't run it well anymore.
    still with how terribly archaic wow grpahic is nothing supports such high requirements.