Poll: Do you agree that they should also remain accessible?

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No, it wouldn't. It'd be the same as it is now. "Maybe I'll do it at some point."

Most of the appearances aren't worth getting. I'm not going to get them all just because they're available.
    Well, the rewards not being personally appealing to you is a slightly different issue. For the sake of the discussion, lets say the reward WAS something you wanted to get. "Maybe I'll do it at some point because it's interesting is a far superior concept than "Oh shit I better do that stuff NOW before it disappears FOREVER, even if I have other things I want to focus on(real life or in-game)".

The point being that, once again, I'm not really seeing the actual benefit of permanently turning these rewards off for no better reason than to pad some player's ego down the road.

If you can't complete mage tower now then you are a mongoloid

Agreed.

It would make sense if this happened across the board to every reward, and it clearly does not. They just seem to be randomly choosing which rewards to keep available and which to discontinue. I don't really mind too much, but I don't see why this can't be kept in the game just like all the old raids, dungeons, etc.

Debatable. You see, "Maybe I'll do it at some point because it's interesting" is immediately destroyed by any and all appearances that are determined to look better.
    That's a highly subjective argument. Giving players more options of how to acquire appearances that "Look Better" is objective.

You see, Cosmetics are unique in that you can have way more than you ever need. You technically don't need any at all - You could go untransmogged forever like a savage and never have a problem with the game.
    As you said earlier: Debatable.

I'll use the Dark Souls example again. Despite being a game which is based HEAVILY upon the gameplay, there's a surprisingly large amount of players who also get a fair amount of enjoyment from collecting and using all the different appearances available as well. Would the Dark Souls games still be good without different appearances, relying instead of JUST stats and gameplay? Probably. But it's also a BETTER game because those appearances are available.

That's more or less what's going on with the challenge mode sets, and why players want them to be available. It's not because the game can't continue to be good with them locked away. But it would be a better game if they were available.

Given that there are way more than you ever need, not having this specific one is not a detriment to you - You can get hundreds of others in dozens of other ways that still match the look you're going for.
    Objectively false. The CM sets carry a unique coloration and style, many piece of which are not available ANYWHERE else in the game.

If at any point a BETTER one (or one that you like better if you're going to get technical on me) were to be released, the old one would not even matter anymore. And then it isn't "Maybe I'll do it at some point because it's interesting," it's "Why would I ever do this? I have a better cosmetic."
    Why do people collect mounts, despite there being HUNDREDS of them(of which you can only use 1 at a time). Collecting many different appearances is just as much of a part of the game as that. You're trying to make an argument that no appearances are needed because an individual prefers one over the other. The problem with that is that WoW has MILLIONS of players. Re-releasing the CM sets wouldn't be done for one individual, but for the entire community.

I'm really not sure what you were going for here.

"I'd better do this now before it disappears" is a reason to get it done DESPITE having a better cosmetic.
    Then put the CMs in a monthly rotation. Make them available for only a week every few months or something. That would also generate a similar level of "Do it now" without completely locking it away forever. Hell...they could even make it so that there's only one "CM Season" each expansion, as long as each season allowed access to all previous sets.

And I'm not seeing the point in keeping it at all. So padding a player's ego down the road is still better than "no benefit whatsoever."
    No benefit? What about all the players who absolutely would play that content and farm those appearances if they were available? All the players who switched mains after MoP. All the players who started after MoP. Anyone who didn't have the time to play every single class and spec to get every appearance.

There are PLENTY of people who would enjoy that content if it was available. There's the benefit.

But I don't expect you to budge. I bet you're still crying about Pathfinder achievements like the last time I bothered replying to you.
    Annnnnd.....all the points you were making just lost every ounce of validity by making this personal, and throwing the insult of "crying". Way to go.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-01-30 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    An what if your main becomes a Nightborne or any of the other Allied races, then what?
    How is that a problem? Unlock it on the class you want now and once BfA launches you'll have it available as a transmog option on your new character. I don't see what problem you think you're pointing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    How is that a problem? Unlock it on the class you want now and once BfA launches you'll have it available as a transmog option on your new character. I don't see what problem you think you're pointing out.
    Please link me where Blizzy saysI will be able to transmog my MM artifact weapon onto my BM weapon...

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Please link me where Blizzy saysI will be able to transmog my MM artifact weapon onto my BM weapon...
    You can't, but how is that related to allied races? What is your point?

Unlock the BM tower appearance now so your new main can use it for their BM spec in BfA.

If you can't unlock the appearance now with gear that trivializes it, how do you expect to be able to do it in the future?
    Last edited by Zamfix; 2018-01-31 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Nope, I saw your entire post.

And no, there doesn't need a way for people to go back and get them anymore than there needs to be a way for people to go back and get Olympic medals for previous Olympics that they didn't attend.
    Yet you can get lookalikes just as well.
    Us, who did it now can get a title and a Feat of Strength and the appearances can still remain ingame.

About the M+15 appearance, can we just complete a +15 on time without completing the Balance of Power quest to unlock it? Or do we have to first finish the whole quest and then run a +15 on time? If that's the later, it's gonna suck so much.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Nope, I saw your entire post.

And no, there doesn't need a way for people to go back and get them anymore than there needs to be a way for people to go back and get Olympic medals for previous Olympics that they didn't attend.
    ROFL @ trying to compare CMs in WoW to the olympics. Sorry, but CMs have NEVER been that difficult.

Also, this isn't PVP we're talking about, which would have been a better comparison. I actually understand the argument against making Arena season rewards lock since it's a competition against people that may or may not even play anymore.

But CMs are PVE. They aren't real life like the Olympics, and because of their digital nature can pretty easily be remastered and re-released for players to play.

So in effect, yes, players COULD go back and get "Medals" for "Olympics" they didn't attend originally. All Blizzard has to do is re-open the content and spend a little time updating it for modern skills. That's not possible in real life, but it is in a videogame.

For the life of me, I don't see why people can't understand this fundamental difference.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    This makes 0 sense.
    Why in the world would they do such a silly thing as to not let us have ALL artifact appearances obtainable somehow post Legion?

Just to clarify: I have all artifact skins for every spec.

The main problem is the demon hunter one: Flamereaper is by a wide margin better than any other appearance, hence it would be a pain for someone who joins the game later not being able to obtain that particular appearance. especially considering how few other options DHs have compared to other classes.

The other one being the druid werebear form, though there are other options to choose from, that form is simply vastly superior in every sense.
    Something like the claws of Shirvalla talent was back then but that isn't a problem since there exist a toy which turns you into a saberon anyways.

The point is, there must exist some way in which future players could obtain these exquisite appearances also. Must not be the current way, a way nonetheless.
    They were made for 2 reasons. One, to show you played during the expansion. And second, it shows that you understand how well you play that class/spec.

That being said, a third reason, is because it was meant to be a challenge for the player to obtain, and people who have it would make you figure, "ok they apparently understand how their class works and must be somewhat competent. Now right now where most players are around the 930 ilvl, the encounter should be relatively easy. But there are STILL some players who can't complete it. It was obtainable before ilvl 900, and once Tomb released, even more people were able to obtain it. ITs not that hard to complete now.

But going back to the topic, the reason why it won't be obtainable after Legion, is because there will be challenges in future expansions in the same manner as this. The whole point of the Mage Tower and M+15 skins was to show you played this expansion, and these are sorta tied to the story, or at least the MAge Tower one is.

And I also see alot of people comparing The Mage Tower skin to the Green Fire quest, which in my opinion, is completely wrong. The Mage Tower is kinda tied into the story, or at least the Broken Shore story line. While the green fire questline, while it does involve lore and is part of the story, in no place in the game does the game tell you to go to the Isle of Thunder to retrieve the tome to start the questline. You either need to play a warlock and find the drop yourself, or go to the AH and buy it.