Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

I dont understand the pro rep grind arguments

So stating the obvious it seems the wow community is very conflicted, the title isnt very objective but whatever

First argument; «We’ve known for months». That assumption relies on that datamining is suposed to be 100% acurate all of the time. It also assumes that literally everyone checks mmo champion.

The acomplishment argument. So, in addition to having to pay 40 bucks, i have to spend countless hours grinding, forget that, i cant grind cause of timegates.. This means i probably have to buy more subscription. Lets say it takes 40 hours. Know what else took 40 hours to unlock? DARTH VADER AND LUKE SKYWALKER. Feeling that sense of pride and acomplishment PvE’ers? Ironic, since they probably are the same people that was against the credit grind in battlefront 2.

I worked hard for it, its unfair if its handed out free agument: i can buy a level boost, is that unfair aswell?

«You pay for access, not to be given things a free. they might aswell sell mythic titanforged gear» argument. There is a difference between power and cosmetics. You dont become a better player or become stronger from looking different. Some might bring up racials, but come on, lightforged has the shittiest racials ingame. Maybe better than escape artist but thats about it. You can buy mounts too. Whine about that

Remove the timegate, not the repgrind. If youre so opposed, tell me why my arguments are so bad and wrong
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2018-02-01 at 09:28 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

I don't understand complaining about something I don't understand.

But hey, Blizzard decided to make it this way, and I accept it. If I choose not to accept it, I have the free will to cancel my subscription and play something else.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't have time to play? Wants instant rep to play?

Legion rep grinds are not bad at all, compared to Vanilla and TBC in terms of time you need to put in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really confused because the WoW forums are making it sound like they are removing the rep requirement for the allied races but I can't find anything confirming that anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    So stating the obvious it seems the wow community is very conflicted, the title isnt very objective but whatever

First argument; «We’ve known for months». That assumption relies on that datamining is suposed to be 100% acurate all of the time. It also assumes that literally everyone checks mmo champion.

The acomplishment argument. So, in addition to having to pay 40 bucks, i have to spend countless hours grinding, forget that, i cant grind cause of timegates.. This means i probably have to buy more subscription. Lets say it takes 40 hours. Know what else took 40 hours to unlock? DARTH VADER AND LUKE SKYWALKER. Feeling that sense of pride and acomplishment PvE’ers? Ironic, since they probably are the same people that was against the credit grind in battlefront 2.

I worked hard for it, its unfair if its handed out free agument: i can buy a level boost, is that unfair aswell?

«You pay for access, not to be given things a free. they might aswell sell mythic titanforged gear» argument. There is a difference between power and cosmetics. You dont become a better player or become stronger from looking different. Some might bring up racials, but come on, lightforged has the shittiest racials ingame. Maybe better than escape artist but thats about it. You can buy mounts too. Whine about that

I would complain on the forums, but i dont have a sub since i dont have time to play wow anymore sadly

I don't understand how the vocal majority of the playerbase has complained and admitted to grinding legendaries, one of the largest 'chances' (or whatever) to get a legendary comes from an Emissary- alts that I do the emissary boxes on are exalted to every rep in Legion, doing the emissaries give you 1500 rep plus whatever the 4 WQ's gave you- how can you do that and not be exalted at this point?

Deleted
    I would complain on the forums, but i dont have a sub since i dont have time to play wow anymore sadly
    If you dont play anymore this topic doesnt conccern you at all. Thread closed.

PS: Allied races are a reward for playing the game. If you dont wanna play the game you dont get them simple as that.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    I'm really confused because the WoW forums are making it sound like they are removing the rep requirement for the allied races but I can't find anything confirming that anywhere.
    Blizz just blue/blog posted how to get rep, so I don't think they'll remove the requirements, at least certainly not for 7.3.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Blizz just blue posted how to get rep, so I don't think they'll remove the requirements, at least certainly not for 7.3.5.
    That's what I thought but there's a thread on the WoW forums with 17 pages bitching about how they are removing the rep requirements and I got all confused.

Theres like 7 months before next xpac with zero to do, do world quests and chapters you will unlock it all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    that is because the rep requirement is gonna stay. just like you need wods pathfinder to fly in wod.

I think the severe timegating of the reputations makes it frustrating as an unlock. Of course, if you've been doing wqs/emissaries all expansion, or even for a couple months, it's no problem, but if I had just started playing, or hadn't touched reps yet, I would definitely be annoyed to find several weeks worth of, essentially, mere waiting around to get my allied races.

Ion talked about the importance of seeing the stories of the factions - I think we all agree with that, but doing the storyline quests gets you nowhere near exalted. Then it's weeks of waiting around, doing wqs, emissaries, and grinding out every rep mission you can get your hands on. It's not very engaging, and there's virtually nothing you can do to speed it up. It's mostly passive play, and if you do it long enough, you'll get your allied races. So yeah, I can see how it would be very frustrating for someone eager to get their hands on the new races.
    Last edited by Bigthumbb; 2018-02-01 at 09:19 PM.

It does concern me because I was thinking about returning. Its handful a worldquests that are time locked. Mind boggling boring aswell. Its a reason why people make dailies memes about mop still. You guys are the reason why the mobile grinding platform sucks.
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    I also don't understand the "I have no time to play so I should just get all the stuff you get from grinding" argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    It does concern me because I was thinking about returning. Its handful a worldquests that are time locked. Mind boggling boring aswell. Its a reason why people make dailies memes about mop still. You guys are the reason why the mobile grinding platform sucks.
    So you're not even actually playing, yet here you are whining. Here's some friendly advice, stay away and do the rest of us a favor.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

And the anti-rep, anti-RPG guys are the ones ruining MMOs.

If you don't have time for an MMO, don't attempt to play it. And don't be so presumptuous to think because you don't have time, that the game should cater to you. You even had the nerve to compare WoW's grind to Battlefront II's cancerous loot crate system. That's like comparing apples and grapes.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-02-01 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I also don't understand the "I have no time to play so I should just get all the stuff you get from grinding" argument.
    Im not telling you to remove rep requirement. I had hoped for them to remove the time gating so I could finish it in a weekend for something.

This thread would have fit into r/justneckbeardthings
    An'u belore delen'na

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Yeah, that was my thought as well.

The OP just wants to get what he wants for no effort as part of the game purchase when, in fact, large portions of content, gear, mounts, pets, etc are all locked behind some kind of grinding. He can't play a DK (or at least couldn't) until he had at least one character up to level 60. You can't raid until you get a character to max level and sufficient gear which takes grinding to get there.

I got exalted playing very casually for less than 2 months. I really don't think its that bad. I think its just people are very entitled these days and want everything handed to them. This is exactly why I am excited for classic because I want to get away from this crowd. Its like people forget they are playing an MMORPG.

i dont have time to play wow anymore
    It does concern me because I was thinking about returning.
    Make up your fucking mind.

Also, complaining about something you don't understand (since you aren't playing) is pretty dumb. Furthermore, I don't even understand what points you're trying to make with most of what you write. Lastly, rewarding activity versus inactivity is foundational to the basic concept of an MMO and if you don't like it you probably should do something else with the time you don't have to play anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Don't have time to play? Wants instant rep to play?

Legion rep grinds are not bad at all, compared to Vanilla and TBC in terms of time you need to put in.
    I disagree... Starting Argussian Reach from the beginning will take between 1-2 Months to complete while playing every day. Depending on your luck with RNG Tokens. You have to stop and do nothing as well once you've grinded all your rep for the day.

At least in Vanilla you could continue to grind Rep at your own pace. If you wanted to play for 20 hours straight grinding rep, you had that option.

Nobody likes Artificial Time Gates. Especially for boring rep grinds.