Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Two students shot; one in critical condition. 12-year old girl in custody

A 12-year-old girl is in police custody after a shooting at Salvador Castro Middle School on Thursday that left two students injured, one critically.

The gunfire erupted in a classroom shortly after the school day had begun and caused numerous students to run from the area, according to Los Angeles Police Officer Drake Madison.

When authorities responded around 8:55 a.m., they found a 15-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to the head and a 15-year-old girl shot in the wrist.

The boy is in critical condition and the girl is in fair condition, according to Los Angeles Fire Capt. Erik Scott. Three others, a 30-year-old woman, an 11-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl, suffered minor abrasions, some from glass, he said.

The suspected shooter was taken into custody and a firearm was recovered. Helicopter news footage showed two officers leading a handcuffed girl with long hair, jeans and a sweatshirt to a waiting squad car. Robert Arcos, a deputy chief with the Los Angeles Police Department, said it was too early to determine any motive in the shooting.

Investigators are still conducting interviews to determine whether the shooting was intentional or a "terrible accident," he said.

In a morning press conference, Los Angeles School Police Chief Steve Zipperman said he did not know how a young person got access to a gun and brought it to campus, but warned gun owners to keep their weapons secure and away from children.

"Los Angeles has a law about the safe storage of weapons," L.A. City Atty. Mike Feuer added. "Every responsible gun owner needs to take heed."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...201-story.html

I think im so desensitized at this point to these that the only thing that made me look twice was that it was a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    I think im so desensitized at this point to these that the only thing that made me look twice was that it was a girl
    Exactly, as soon as I read "Two students shot", I just thought to myself "Here we go again with this shit". I kept reading and realized the girl was 12 years old. One half of me was surprised considering how young she is, the other half... completely desensitized because this happens far too often.
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like another case of shitty parenting

10+ Year Old Account
    #14 of the year.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    #14 of the year.
    Going for a new record this year?

Targeted attack, not random, bullying victim revenge, next!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    A 12-year-old girl is in police custody after a shooting at Salvador Castro Middle School on Thursday that left two students injured, one critically.

The gunfire erupted in a classroom shortly after the school day had begun and caused numerous students to run from the area, according to Los Angeles Police Officer Drake Madison.

When authorities responded around 8:55 a.m., they found a 15-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to the head and a 15-year-old girl shot in the wrist.

The boy is in critical condition and the girl is in fair condition, according to Los Angeles Fire Capt. Erik Scott. Three others, a 30-year-old woman, an 11-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl, suffered minor abrasions, some from glass, he said.

The suspected shooter was taken into custody and a firearm was recovered. Helicopter news footage showed two officers leading a handcuffed girl with long hair, jeans and a sweatshirt to a waiting squad car. Robert Arcos, a deputy chief with the Los Angeles Police Department, said it was too early to determine any motive in the shooting.

Investigators are still conducting interviews to determine whether the shooting was intentional or a "terrible accident," he said.

In a morning press conference, Los Angeles School Police Chief Steve Zipperman said he did not know how a young person got access to a gun and brought it to campus, but warned gun owners to keep their weapons secure and away from children.

"Los Angeles has a law about the safe storage of weapons," L.A. City Atty. Mike Feuer added. "Every responsible gun owner needs to take heed."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...201-story.html
    There is the real issue and reason it happened. The owner of the firearm should pay the penalty provided by the law. And I hope it is a stiff one. But if it was a case of bullying and the school did nothing about it and if they knew it was happening, then they share some of the blame also.

10+ Year Old Account
    These kids are getting younger and younger... great way to start a life.

just another normal day in america?

i said about 7-10 days ago first of the year, here's another one already lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    These kids are getting younger and younger... great way to start a life.
    Younger?
    There are toddlers who have shot someone in the USA.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Younger?
    Yep. Once again the firearm owner's fault in failure to safely secure their firearm around children. Same as children have died in in many other accidents because of irresponsible parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    How dumb or neglectful can a person be to keep loaded firearms within reach of children and not locked away in a special case for them? Like it defies common sense and logic. Most of my mates who own guns have the good sense to be vigilant in proper safety procedures after taking classes for them.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    girls can't be murderes?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    girls can't be murderes?
    It's less typical for teenage shootings.

Was this 12 year old girl part of a well-regulated militia though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Younger?
    Sorry, wasn't clear enough. School shootings.

#14 of the year.
    Fake stat. That stat includes some LUDICROUS events to be considered school shootings, like a BB gun exchange, and a gang shooting that happened merely NEAR a school, between men not of school age. Just sayin...stat is nonsense...even though this is sad, etc.

#14 of the year.
    is it really 14? or was that just a random number to basically say how mad this is.. crazy if it is really the number.. thats almost one every other day...
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone explain to me why guns are legal and so many Americans own guns. This shit will keep happening until guns are outlawed from citizens.