Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've done the mage tower for all specs on: Demon Hunter, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Rogue, and Warrior. These are my favorites:

Survival Hunter - one of the best looking spears in the game in its own right, but also a "proper" version of what Lok'delar should have been back in vanilla. The autumnal color tint is my favorite.
    Marksmanship Hunter - I don't think it's the greatest bow in the world, but it is essentially an update of Rhok'delar, so that makes it valuable to have.

Outlaw Rogue - Unique, ornate, and beautiful.
    Assassination Rogue - Ghostblades! One of the better ethereal-blade type of weapons in the game.
    Subtlety Rogue - The base tint is a bit wonky. But get the 10 dungeons/white tint - that thing looks perfect. Just a huge slab of sharpened ice. The purple tint is cool, too.

Protection warrior - A flail AND a flaming elekk shield? Yes please.

Havoc DH - I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to have flaming warglaives.

Bear Druid - Whether you like the way it looks or not, it's extremely unique and would be a shame to never have access to it in the future, so I'd get it now.

Frost Mage - A beautiful staff.

Windwalker Monk - Just a nice looking fist weapon. There aren't necessarily a lot of those going around. The white variant looks especially nice.
    Last edited by Bigthumbb; 2018-02-01 at 09:50 PM.

https://gyazo.com/cca6bb50db22f08e21e07604b469b947

These are the ones I've completed so far, with a "guiding" difficulty - Some of them are extremely based on my gear and my lack of experience when I did them.
    I 1shotted the - Balance Druid / Unholy Death Knight / Fire Mage / Elemental Shaman, all of them I had done the challenge on other specs though, so I knew mechanics and whatnot.
    Some of the "harder" ones for me was due to lack of gear. I don't have Thrash bracers for Feral / Corruption Ring for Affliction / Whirlwind belt for Fury Warrior, those items can actually drop the difficulty from upwards of 9 and all the way down to a 3/4 imo.

Generally the healer ones are the hardest ones (I've heard. Just recently started trying them out and apparently they scale with gear unlike all the others?) - Tank ones are also generally very difficult (especially the specs that have a hard time with self healing, Guardian Druid / Brewmaster Monk / Protection Warrior).
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Now that I've talked way to much about that which has nothing to do with the topic, these are the skins I felt like I just had to have (not in order) :

Unholy Death Knight
    Guardian Druid
    Feral Druid
    Affliction Warlock
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Windwalker Monk
    Protection Paladin
    Retribution Paladin (Only cuz it's my main, don't really care for the skin)
    Outlaw Rogue
    Demonology Warlock
    Protection Warrior (Soon my friend, soon)

Yes it's a big list, but I actually think that most of the skins are at the very least decent, with many of them being straight up top tier.
    (FeelsBadMan hunters)
    Last edited by SalcN; 2018-02-01 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SalcN View Post
    https://gyazo.com/cca6bb50db22f08e21e07604b469b947

These are the ones I've completed so far, with a "guiding" difficulty - Some of them are extremely based on my gear and my lack of experience when I did them.
    I 1shotted the - Balance Druid / Unholy Death Knight / Fire Mage / Elemental Shaman, all of them I had done the challenge on other specs though, so I knew mechanics and whatnot.
    Some of the "harder" ones for me was due to lack of gear. I don't have Thrash bracers for Feral / Corruption Ring for Affliction / Whirlwind belt for Fury Warrior, those items can actually drop the difficulty from upwards of 9 and all the way down to a 3/4 imo.

Generally the healer ones are the hardest ones (I've heard. Just recently started trying them out and apparently they scale with gear unlike all the others?) - Tank ones are also generally very difficult (especially the specs that have a hard time with self healing, Guardian Druid / Brewmaster Monk / Protection Warrior).
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Now that I've talked way to much about that which has nothing to do with the topic, these are the skins I felt like I just had to have (not in order) :

Unholy Death Knight
    Guardian Druid
    Feral Druid
    Affliction Warlock
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Windwalker Monk
    Protection Paladin
    Retribution Paladin (Only cuz it's my main, don't really care for the skin)
    Outlaw Rogue
    Demonology Warlock
    Protection Warrior (Soon my friend, soon)

Yes it's a big list, but I actually think that most of the skins are at the very least decent, with many of them being straight up top tier.
    (FeelsBadMan hunters)
    off topic, half the problem people have with bear is that they never think of going moonfire spec for it. FoN/LaTC is by far the best combo for that challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I didn't think that was possible. You can use the transmog of the appearance on different class characters? That would be news to me.

If that's the case, why can't I xmog the Corrupted Ashbringer Paladin skin to my Fury Warrior? Legit question.
    Weird people said to me artifact appearences can transmog, I most likely have misunderstood them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    Weird people said to me artifact appearences can transmog, I most likely have misunderstood them.
    Just didn't want you to grind for nothing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    I think the important part is that they're the most unique of all the challenge stuff. which reminds me, I need to level my druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justank View Post
    Guardian Druid, and both Prot Warr and Pally are absolute must haves. A completely redesigned form and the only two flails in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Besides the obvious ones that have been mentioned here, I would say take a look at disc and holy priest weapons. Really cool fully golden weapon skins.

MM hunter is the original hunter quest replica weapon skin.
    Great points.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    destro and affli artifact challenge looks very very cool
    Indeed! My Warlock is 107 as of writing this

I only wanted Ret's and Havoc's, but I forced myself to get Fury's because I hated that challenge more than any of the others. Don't really care for the others.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Honestly with how easy the challenge get with current gear levels. I think all of them are must haves, some of them are a bit lack luster, but i'd be annoyed at myself in the future if I didn't get some of them because I was lazy. I regret the fuck out of missing the MoP CM armor on Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Warrior and Druid. (warrior and priest i think are ugly but i'd have liked to have all 11). So if you got the time well playing, just level everything up and get it a bit of gear and just smash all 36 of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll never get it because it's too much work to even gear up for me, but I love glowy purple bear. If you are main spec bear, you must be glowy purple bear.

Prot paladin mage tower appearance is pretty grand also.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I play only one character, but still, I would go for druid skins, even if the neon looks a bit ridiculous.
    Additionally, protection paladin and warrior - flails, man, flails!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    Artifact skins you have will be transmoggable in Battle for Azeroth, but they'll still be class and spec locked according to Blizz. Hopefully they'll drop the spec lock, but I would be very surprised if they dropped the class lock. So very unlikely you'll be able to use Shaman on Warrior etc.

As many have said, first and foremost go for druid skins (feral/guardian). Even if your druid is your long-forgotten alt collecting dust. Weapon skins are just that, weapon skins, but missing out on unique animal forms is another matter. Besides, who knows, maybe one day you'll be maining one

Deleted
    Hard to say for me, because I have many favorites.

The druid cat form is very special, and I would make sure to get this one. It's also relatively easy if Mage Tower is up together with Command Center, as you get the buffs in the scenario, on top of all other consumables which you can use there. Bear form is not as "pretty", but also special. With an item level of around 930 or more you can get this one even without recommended legendaries. But I also like all mage skins, outlaw rogue, protection paladin, affliction warlock, MM hunter, and havoc DH to name a few.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'll never get it because it's too much work to even gear up for me, but I love glowy purple bear. If you are main spec bear, you must be glowy purple bear.

Prot paladin mage tower appearance is pretty grand also.
    Glowy purple bear is from Balance of Power (IDK which one of that row), you get the werebear from the challenge.

-Guardian and Restoration druid
    Werebear and a probably the best-looking druid staff in the game. Must-have on druids (should probably cap mine at some point before Legion ends).

-Protection paladin
    You get a flail and a bladed shield. Enough said.

-Protection warrior
    Same reason, only difference being the shield looks cooler and the flail is made from bones.

-Elemental Shaman
    Probably the best Elemental skin. Hopefully we'll get a matching transmog at one point.

-Marksmanship and Survival
    Re-textured Rhok'delar and Grand Marshal's Glaive (with some added details), so they're a definite must.

-Demonology
    The sigils and runes look awesome - and they're red.
    Sold.
    Affliction and Destruction are worth it too.

-Outlaw
    Rapiers, matey!

-All of the mage ones
    I just like all of them. Arcane is my least favorite but it's worth getting, I think.

-Holy and Discipline priest
    Best skin for Holy, and it would be a waste for me to not get Disc since I've played it the most on my priest.

Don't know if I will get all of the ones I want, but I'll certainly try. So far I have done prot/ret paladin, Assassination and Outlaw, and all three hunter specs.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-02-09 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me:

Fury Warrior
    Frost Mage
    Ret Paladin
    Holy Paladin
    Shadow Priest
    Disc Priest
    All DK ones

Which I've only got the Fury warrior one right now so I've got some work to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Which Artifact Challenge skins do you think are must have?
    I would say the druid ones because they are unique forms and some tank ones seem quite unique. Everything else is probably replaceable.

DK, DH, Brew+Mist, Holy+Ret+Prot, Guardian+Feral+Balance, Warlock, Prot War, Outlaw, Enh Sham, MM one works nicely with Nelf themed mog, Mage, Disc+Holy.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2018-02-02 at 02:02 PM.

Bear Druid, Prot Paladin, and Prot Warrior.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

for me its protection paladin from mage tower

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Druid forms are the only ones i actually care about, but i still cant be bothered to do the questline that starts the mage tower challenges on that character. So clearly i dont care all that much.