Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost DKs and 2-Hand Weapons

Since Artifacts will be removed, do you think Frost DKs can now feel like Arthas again in BfA?

I totally can see why players would like dual wield more, but I just prefer the big twohand sword.

I was thinking of this as well and I really want two-handed Frost back. I like the visuals of two-handed more, two weapons on a plate wearer that isn't fury, just feels wrong to me on some level. I don't see why they wouldn't unless balancing is a total nightmare but it's probably not that hard. Several people I know like using two-handed weapons for Frost more than dual-wielding. It also gives Frost more weapons on their loot table so it's not just one-handed weapons, which many classes are competing for now, especially with Demon hunters being introduced in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from dual wielding and some frost magic here and there, frost has nothing to distinguish itself from the rest of the DK specs. While i am not opposed to the idea of cosmetic 2 handers while wielding dual, any implementation of 2 handed gameplay is something that I will not follow. Most people's reasons for disregarding dual wielding are actually appeal points to me. My chars appearence is heavily inspired from thassarian therefore I am on the DW team.

What we need to focus more is more than 2 handers imo, we need a mastery rework. current one is from the days of DW and 2-hander existing in the same spec, adding no depth to the class, just a boring % increase.

I would like that our mastery increasing our Critical Obliterate dmg for example.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    Apart from dual wielding and some frost magic here and there, frost has nothing to distinguish itself from the rest of the DK specs. While i am not opposed to the idea of cosmetic 2 handers while wielding dual, any implementation of 2 handed gameplay is something that I will not follow. Most people's reasons for disregarding dual wielding are actually appeal points to me. My chars appearence is heavily inspired from thassarian therefore I am on the DW team.
    Doesn't make a lot of sense to me why you couldn't have both. It's not about removing dual wield, it's about allowing both options. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's not a balancing nightmare. I like two-handed more than dual wielding, there are people on both sides and it makes no sense to not please both sides because it surely can't be that hard to do. It would also be slightly annoying in BfA to have a good weapon that works on Blood, it works on Unholy, but for Frost, I need another set of weapons and can't use my good two-handed weapon for little to no reason. I mean even fucking Arthas used a two-handed weapon and DKs are proficient with both kinds. Just allow people to play how they want, if you want to use dual wield, go for it, if I want to use two-handed, I should be able to. There's nothing preventing you from using dual wield and being a Thassarian wanna-be if they re-implement two-handed frost, unless one is slightly better but unless you raid mythic, that shit likely won't matter at all. I don't think most people advocate for one or the other, they want both options.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithostrotos View Post
    I was thinking of this as well and I really want two-handed Frost back. I like the visuals of two-handed more, two weapons on a plate wearer that isn't fury, just feels wrong to me on some level. I don't see why they wouldn't unless balancing is a total nightmare but it's probably not that hard. Several people I know like using two-handed weapons for Frost more than dual-wielding. It also gives Frost more weapons on their loot table so it's not just one-handed weapons, which many classes are competing for now, especially with Demon hunters being introduced in Legion.
    I preferred 2H frost for similar reasons, even though the scaling was terrible compared to Dual-wield. Honestly, if they'd carried the dual-wield rotation (HB spam) over into Legion I would've just gone Unholy. That was the bigger issue for me.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithostrotos View Post
    Doesn't make a lot of sense to me why you couldn't have both. It's not about removing dual wield, it's about allowing both options. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's not a balancing nightmare. I like two-handed more than dual wielding, there are people on both sides and it makes no sense to not please both sides because it surely can't be that hard to do. It would also be slightly annoying in BfA to have a good weapon that works on Blood, it works on Unholy, but for Frost, I need another set of weapons and can't use my good two-handed weapon for little to no reason. I mean even fucking Arthas used a two-handed weapon and DKs are proficient with both kinds. Just allow people to play how they want, if you want to use dual wield, go for it, if I want to use two-handed, I should be able to. There's nothing preventing you from using dual wield and being a Thassarian wanna-be if they re-implement two-handed frost, unless one is slightly better but unless you raid mythic, that shit likely won't matter at all. I don't think most people advocate for one or the other, they want both options.
    dont get me wrong I am not opposed to it, I support it. I just said that if there is a performance issue in the spec caused by Dual/2-hander I would pick DW even if it has the lower output.

Just implement a glyph that allows a 2h visual; everything else stays the same. Such an easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    , just a boring % increase.

I would like that our mastery increasing our Critical Obliterate dmg for example.
    Thats contradictory.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

It's not going to happen.

I'm the type of player that protest-equips to play what I like, but as a Frost DK, I won't even be able to do that in BfA. If you look at the spell changes in the last build, they added "Requires One-Handed Melee Weapon" to Froststrike and Oblit. These requirements aren't even on Stormstrike ("Requires Melee Weapon").

Enjoy 1 Handers or spec out of Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Since Artifacts will be removed, do you think Frost DKs can now feel like Arthas again in BfA?

I totally can see why players would like dual wield more, but I just prefer the big twohand sword.
    It will return for the sole fact that they said Survival Hunters will have the option to go Melee or use a Bow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Just implement a glyph that allows a 2h visual; everything else stays the same. Such an easy fix.
    Best compromise I have heard yet.

i hope 2hand will never come back, since they rid of it, frost dk became a better spec, dual and 2hand in the same spec was crap balancing

This is what i've wanted for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Thats contradictory.
    Not really.

Resto Druid's Mastery is a % healing increase, but its a % for each hots active.

It just a matter of implementation.

On topic:
    -Lets Dw place the swords on the back.
    -Give a 2h Frostmourne apperance
    -Do as mentioned before and give a 2h glyph
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

I don't want DW to go for it. I just think it is easy to balance around having DW and 2hand.

But there is something I really can't understand. The fact that Blizz has a Problem creating formulas that fit on dw and 2h.

Really..
    weapon dmg * AP / x
    You can see this formular everywhere. They must have some spreadsheet somewhere were stands 1h do 40% less dmg than 2h weapons. So just add it. If it isn't this simple, make it this simple. Really. WoW is just a Game like every other gam, too. It's not rocket science to implement some basic maths. I'm doing heavy calculations every day myself and can't see why something so simple can be so bad. I can see why a class may be too strong/weak, but how on earth can the type of weapon be such a problem.
    If you think it's unfair because of stats and on 2h you only need one drop and not two.. start handing out dual wield weapons as sets. Like the artifacts in future and then give em the same stats like 2h weapons have.

spending all this time unlocking various artifact appearances only to not be able to use them because blizz is bad at balancing and makes 2h weapons 3% better than dual wield would leave me rather pissed

I won't get to have off-spec fun with Frost, because I'll have to find weapons for it after getting a Blood weapon. AutoSpecLootSwap may help, if it's functioning.

I've been saying this for years about Enhancement Shaman. Frost DKs would certainly benefit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post

One thing which is sure is that all spec are gonna be either dual wield or 2-hand and not both. It's too hard for blizz to balance a spec around both.

For me it makes more sense with 2-hand for Frost. Blizz always talk about how the class fantasy of the Death Knight is to be this slow juggernaut, but at the same time we currently have high attack speed and haste is the best stat of Frost Death Knights (I know all the stats are pretty even). It doesn't really make sense to me.

I would prefer 2h weapon without any doubt. Before was so much better/fun ...

I don't really have a preference between dual wielding or 2-handed. If Blizzard decides to go back to their original design with regards to DW/2-H I would want them to focus on balancing it out so that the difference is so small that the majority of DK's/community wouldn't gripe about it nor prevent one type from raiding over the other. However, I would still go dual wielding, if I really wanted to play 2-H on my DK I would go unholy.