Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what about champagne?
    also on topic i don't know any well off people personally so...
    we have a couple very rich people in the other side of my town. millionaires and all that.
    You think you have to be a millionaire to drink wine? WOW. Holy shit.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    lol everyone I know, including the very rich people I know, drink like $10 wine

most well off people i know for one... buy wine in a bottle, with a cork.. not a screw top, and not in a box, or a giant jug

cabernet, pinot noir, port, sauvignon usually some top picks

i personally dont drink wine really at all unless holidays, but i will go out of my way to buy something with a cool label, or as the shop employees to help me select something

If I could roll up wine and smoke it I would, but I can't thus wine is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Everyone likes cheap wine if you put it in a nice bottle and tell them it's expensive. (assuming they like wine in the first place)
    You can definitely taste the difference between cheap and moderately priced wine. Anything regularly priced under $5-6 is usually pretty awful, there's that diamond in the rough, but you gotta search. It's cheap for a reason, and they usually cut corners to get it to that price

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You think you have to be a millionaire to drink wine? WOW. Holy shit.
    where did i say that? oh thats right i didn't. did you even read what i posted?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Eiswein (Ice Wine) is the popular wine amongst the people in my social circle.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_wine

What's funny to me is that these guys are all wealthy, but they all flock the local Aldi supermarkets for their Ice Wine as soon as it arrives (which is only once a year).
    no ice wine this year ! hope they arent so sad about

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Because one is expensive and the other is cheap. This is a very uncomplicated reality.
    You say this like expensive beer and cheap wine don't exist.

OT: Define 'well off' firstly. Secondly everyone knows extravagant fancy rich people drink $500 bottles of scotch.

From what I have seen , many really wealthy people tend to drink just medium priced wine ( lets say 30-50€/bottle)
    While young wealthy folks drink the really expensive stuff. I am no wine expert but I doubt many of these people actually know what they are buying and instead just order something expensive because it has to be good right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    Broke that for you. I intend to troll you of course.
    Seems like a silly thing to do, jeez.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welch's grape juice. MMMMMM

Honestly I don't know I am not that fancy.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Wines at the 5-6€ price point are almost always terrible.

Wines at the ~8-12€ price point are in the sweet spot for everyone, rich or poor, who's not a wine connoisseur. Going above this price is just pointless for the average wine drinker, you won't notice any difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    "So I was peepin' on the focus of my passion, stalking like I always do, when I noticed she had some wine in her shopping bags. That's when I had the brilliant idea to ask you fine folks for clues as to what that wine might've been, so that I may bathe in it tonight and imagine that I am inside of her while she drinks me."

No matter how hard I try, I can't read the OP in any other way.

Best wine in the world atm, $20 a bottle.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    "So I was peepin' on the focus of my passion, stalking like I always do, when I noticed she had some wine in her shopping bags. That's when I had the brilliant idea to ask you fine folks for clues as to what that wine might've been, so that I may bathe in it tonight and imagine that I am inside of her while she drinks me."

No matter how hard I try, I can't read the OP in any other way.
    wonder if she's a cheerleader.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Moscato...desert wine for every meal all damn day..

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

I pay 15.99 for a gallon of Carlo Rossi Paisano at Walmart. Not tasted anything better yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    You can definitely taste the difference between cheap and moderately priced wine. Anything regularly priced under $5-6 is usually pretty awful, there's that diamond in the rough, but you gotta search. It's cheap for a reason, and they usually cut corners to get it to that price
    Nuh uh man. I'll put this 2 Buck Chuck up against an Opus One, and you won't even be able to tell the difference!

/yes, that's sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

It's a zinfandel, so whoever declared it as such is already wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sell wine in San Francisco, and I can tell you that a lot of what people with excessive wealth like to buy includes brands like Caymus and Opus One. Personally, the highest I have the privilege of enjoying comes from places like Freemark Abbey or Trefethen. It's worth noting that Paso Robles wineries make killer wine which, because people don't often know (everyone knows Napa Valley) about Paso Robles, prices aren't artificially increased based on location, but the wines they make are just as good.

I'm only really specialized in California wine though, but I do know a fair bit about internationals as well. Generally, people drink Cote du Rhones from France, and the higher up Italian wines include Amarone's, traditionally.

Edit: As for your last question, I still haven't been able to figure that out. Perhaps because of the nature of how the two are made. Wineries are very classy looking locations, and breweries generally aren't built on the farms which grow the barley, grain, wheat, hops, etc. Beer tends to revolve around industrial factories where as wine is usually made on location in a beautiful valley. There's also much more aging and specifics that go into winegrowing that turn it into a sort of "higher" art form. I kind of like the dichotomy. I'm more a beer drinker personally, and I like the feel of hanging around drinking a beer with friends, and then sipping wine at dinner or in a nice locale. Same with whiskey; best place for whiskey is on the porch. These drinks all just sort of bring a natural kind of imagery to the table. Who can really say why?
    Last edited by Duravian; 2018-02-03 at 05:12 AM.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    I'm just going to leave this here.