Page 23 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I imagine a lot of conspiracy theorists are feeling duped after realizing this memo debunks their own talking point about the dossier starting the investigation, as mentioned above.

5+ Year Old Account
    This memo is such a dud that even a ton of people on r/conservative are calling it BS. This is like a cartoon where Wile E. Coyote thinks he finally has the most clever trap to catch the Roadrunner, then ends up blowing up his own face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I imagine a lot of conspiracy theorists are feeling duped after realizing this memo debunks their own talking point about the dossier starting the investigation, as mentioned above.
    I don't think most conspiracy theorists are smart enough to feel duped.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    So after I talk about how it's just people not backing things up with actual facts and just providing vague assumptions, you quote a partisan source, who "believes" (note, that's an opinion, not a fact).

People are trying to make conclusions with no actual information.
    The analysis was done by the "intelligence community." So if you consider that to be a partisan source, sure. The obama administration "believes" because that's what they analysis told them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I've got many more I hope to never hear again before those words...

Fake News
    Bigly/Big League
    Believe Me
    Crooked Hillary
    Collusion
    Clean Coal
    Illegals
    Anything involving the words Wall/Mexico together
    Anything involving "swamps"
    I'm the most/least (fill in the blank) you will have ever met
    We have the most beautiful (fill in the blank)

Those are just off the top of my head...
    I'd settle for never having to hear the word Trump again.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    Citations needed.
    Carter Page has been under investigation for being a FSB stooge since 2013 when he gave Russian intelligence classified information.

and the dossier wasn't the reason for the investigation, because even Nunes' memo states that the investigation wasn't because of the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    I'd settle for never having to hear the word Trump again.
    Nope, I'm gonna have to channel @Skroe for this one since he's not here to say it, but I'm certain he would say something to the akin of:

"We need to remember Trump's name and vilify it for all the deplorableness it represents as the shitstain it will end up being in our history books. We need to hang his name out through history for generations to see and learn from the horrible aweful mistakes we made due to deplorable unchecked undiciplined selfish stupidity. We need to remember those who cheered his name as people we should never every listen to again. Trump should become the next Godwyn's law next to Hitler to remind people just how aweful people can be. Most importantly, the name TRUMP should also become synonymous for abuse of an outdated system and the importance there is for voting."

...I'm paraphrasing from my experience of his posting about Donnie Dumbass, of course. I'm sure he would've spent much more time and used some more intricate descriptors in there than I have. :P

Welp, that's that guys, investigation's over. I guess we all owe Trump a big apology.

Kek.

P.S. Needless to say:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ho...rticle/2647943

Last item in the memo.

Kekekekekekeke.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yep. I really wish we had mods on these boards.
    But the shitlords are so hard done by, the evil mods obviously have an iron fist on these forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Top 3 words I hope to never hear again after all of this is over: dossier, memo, and unmasked.
    I think even once the dust settles on this, you're going to be hearing it for another decade in documentaries and dramatisations etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    > FISA warrants for Carter Page were based on Steele dossier

> FBI knew Steele dossier was partisan and not legitimate, but used it anyways

> Yahoo News article, wherein Steele was a source, was used in FISA apps. to corroborate Steele dossier

> Bruce Ohr, Assoc. Dep. Attorney General knew about this & had a WIFE that worked for Fusion GPS

> FBI knew Steele dossier was not corroborated when it was used for FISA application

> Comey briefed Trump on the dossier as legit intel, while saying publicly it was "unverified"

> McCabe testified that no FISA warrants would have been obtained w/o the dossier

> Strzok/Lisa Page texts indicate coordinated media leaks

..... Have I missed anything?
    > Omits the fact that the Steele dossier was paid for by never-Trumpers in the Republican Party before the Democrats picked it up. Which has been public knowledge for over a year, so this is clearly not going to fool anyone who hasn't intentionally inflicted brain damage on themselves with a large wrench.

> The fact Fusion was hired for political reasons (P.S. who the fuck do you think hires freelance oppo research investigators?) doesn't mean that the evidence is necessarily incorrect. Indeed the dossier was picked up precisely because it partly aligned with other evidence the FBI already had - this has also been public knowledge for over a year. The FBI gets a LOT of raw intel, they only take it seriously when it checks out. That's how intelligence organisations work...

> "Someone's wife worked for Fusion GPS" is also not evidence of wrongdoing.

> Of course the dossier isn't corroborated when they applied to FISA, LOL you think you can only apply to investigate someone if you already have corroborated evidence? Just stop and think about that for three seconds.

> Comey briefing Trump (and I believe Hillary too) leaked over a year ago, this is ALSO not news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

We are the hollow men
    We are the stuffed men
    Leaning together
    Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
    Our dried voices, when
    We whisper together
    Are quiet and meaningless
    As wind in dry grass
    Or rats' feet over broken glass
    In our dry cellar

(...)

This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.

10+ Year Old Account
    NBC News' opinion page has a rather...different...slant on things. TL : DR in red.

It can’t be easy to be Christopher Wray — the FBI Director hand-picked by President Donald Trump after Trump ingloriously and controversially fired then-FBI Director James Comey last May has had to navigate incredibly stormy seas. From his confirmation hearing through today, Wray’s agency has repeatedly come under sustained attack, not just from Republicans in Congress, but from the very president who appointed him — all for allegedly acting inappropriately in investigating the Trump campaign’s contacts with Russia in the run up to the 2016 election.

Those attacks may have reached their apex (or nadir) with the release today of the so-called “Nunes Memo,” written by the office of Rep. Devin Nunes, which purports to summarize abuses perpetrated by the FBI during its investigation. The memo's release occurred without any of the underlying materials on which it is based (or the competing analysis of those materials authored by Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee). It was also released over the strenuous objections of Wray and the Justice Department — who warned that it would be “extraordinarily reckless” to publicly disseminate the information without first giving the DOJ and the FBI a chance to review (and, presumably, redact) it.

The whole memo debacle is a damning indictment of this administration’s relationship with the nation’s primary law enforcement agency. It suggests, rather starkly, that the House Intelligence Committee and the White House both decided that it is more important to score partisan political points than to take seriously the substantive concerns — or the long-term reputation — of the FBI. If the politics of the moment are more important to this president and this Congress than the integrity of the bureau, there’s only one appropriate response: Director Wray should resign in protest.

I don’t suggest this lightly; Chris Wray is exactly the kind of person who should be leading the FBI at this tumultuous point in our history. This is underscored by the very fact that got us here — that he stood up to both the White House and Nunes over the release of the memo. Principled public servants like Wray are canaries in the coal mine that is the Trump administration; without them, the public might have far less of an understanding of some of the novel claims being made by the current president — or the institutional damage that his administration seems intent on wreaking.

This is also why, for example, I don’t think that the default response to senior administration officials coming under attack should be resignation; we’re all better off for having Rod Rosenstein as the Deputy Attorney General, even though he has been the subject of comparable attacks (and may well be the true target of Nunes).

But Wray’s case is different. It’s not just that the release of the memo is a personal slight against him; it’s part of a broader, systematic campaign against the credibility and integrity of the very agency that he runs. And importantly, this agency’s credibility and integrity are cornerstones of our legal system. Wray shouldn’t resign because he himself has been slighted, or because he has been ordered to do something he believes to be unlawful or immoral; he should resign because of the institutional affront that the release of the memo reflects — a partisan political assault on the apolitical work in which tens of thousands of men and women are engaged on a daily basis. Adding insult to injury, these men and women under his leadership are generally not in a position to speak out for themselves.

Simply put, when the president chooses, for partisan political reasons, to override the recommendation of his own FBI director and pursue a course of action that could damage our national security (to say nothing of the FBI’s reputation), resignation is the most ethically appropriate and politically impactful means of registering protest, rather than acquiescing.

Critics of this suggestion will surely argue that, if Wray’s independence is so important, why risk allowing the president to replace him with someone less willing to stand up to his boss? But a full-time FBI director requires Senate confirmation. Especially in the aftermath of a very public resignation on principle, I have faith that even this Senate would insist on comparable independence from Wray’s successor. Indeed, that institutional dynamic goes a long way toward explaining why it was Wray who was selected to succeed Comey in the first place.

According to reporting by NBC News, Wray had already indicated, before the release of the memo, that he has no intention of surrendering his post. That’s an understandable position for Wray to take — and a deeply honorable one. It’s also a position that he should reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    This Tijuna guy likely was glued to some right wing rag getting all facts and he tells as though it's an actual fact.
    Being glued to glue would explain such notions better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    We're now seeing what it's like to live under Soviet propaganda.
    Respectfully, you're not. That would involve all printed and electronic media spouting the party line, with only samizdat (photocopied in basements and spread hand-to-hand) daring to contradict.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Russia Russia russia!!!!! It's all the got. Bunch of rabid dogs...
    I believe that if I was to run a search on the entirety of comments in Gen-OT, the string "russia russia russia" would only ever come up in the comments of a handful of users - and that veteran commenters could name those before seeing the results.

Rabid dogs? Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    NBC News' opinion page has a rather...different...slant on things. TL : DR in red.
    As if that would work the way they think it would. Resignation=surrendering in the eyes of Trump and his Trumpkins.

Now everyone is asking:

1) Why did Trump hire a known Russian spy aka page.
    2) Why was Trump constantly lying about Mueller investigation being a "witch" hunt based on fake dossier when according to his own memo, it wasn't?

I think Trump messed up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Welp, that's that guys, investigation's over. I guess we all owe Trump a big apology.

Kek.

P.S. Needless to say:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ho...rticle/2647943

Last item in the memo.

Kekekekekekeke.

But the shitlords are so hard done by, the evil mods obviously have an iron fist on these forums.

- - - Updated - - -

I think even once the dust settles on this, you're going to be hearing it for another decade in documentaries and dramatisations etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

> Omits the fact that the Steele dossier was paid for by never-Trumpers in the Republican Party before the Democrats picked it up. Which has been public knowledge for over a year, so this is clearly not going to fool anyone who hasn't intentionally inflicted brain damage on themselves with a large wrench.

> The fact Fusion was hired for political reasons (P.S. who the fuck do you think hires freelance oppo research investigators?) doesn't mean that the evidence is necessarily incorrect. Indeed the dossier was picked up precisely because it partly aligned with other evidence the FBI already had - this has also been public knowledge for over a year. The FBI gets a LOT of raw intel, they only take it seriously when it checks out. That's how intelligence organisations work...

> "Someone's wife worked for Fusion GPS" is also not evidence of wrongdoing.

> Of course the dossier isn't corroborated when they applied to FISA, LOL you think you can only apply to investigate someone if you already have corroborated evidence? Just stop and think about that for three seconds.

> Comey briefing Trump (and I believe Hillary too) leaked over a year ago, this is ALSO not news.
    This entire memo is basically crying that Democrats and never Trumpers actually started doing research into dirt on Trump, and not only started finding dirt, but witches as well. After all, the phrase "this is just a witch hunt!" doesn't hold a lot of weight into implying that it's a farce when you actually start finding witches.

Someone did opposition research? AGAINST OPPOSITION? How dare they! PROSECUTE AT ONCE! The fact that Trumpers and people like Theo are willing to take Trump's bullshit sandwich and eat it speaks more to their lack of integrity. Any history major (or anyone who paid attention during history class) can plainly see that the tactics being employed by Trump are pretty characteristic of some pretty shitty regimes in history. Implying your opposition is doing something illegal when they're doing legitimate research into your crimes? Wew.

And in the mean time, this is just another way for Theo to *Makes jerk off motion* about her hate and rage boner about Hillary and the DNC. At this point I don't care if Trump is removed or not for the sake of our country, since it's apparent that our separation of powers and Trump's own laziness is keeping the damage to a minimum. I just want him removed on criminal charges so that certain people can never live down their decision to bash and taunt Democrats about this whole thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Respectfully, you're not. That would involve all printed and electronic media spouting the party line, with only samizdat (photocopied in basements and spread hand-to-hand) daring to contradict.
    Fair enough, although my sentiment was more that we're getting a glimpse, as 25% of America apparently believes anything and everything the Trump administration feeds them, no matter how much it tastes like actual horse shit.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2018-02-03 at 12:01 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

After reading the memo and digesting it, I really don't see the Democrats coming to power for generations. They seem to be in such peril that I wouldn't worry about taking the house back but trying not to go to jail. This was the worst outcome imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    After reading the memo and digesting it, I really don't see the Democrats coming to power for generations. They seem to be in such peril that I wouldn't worry about taking the house back but trying not to go to jail. This was the worst outcome imaginable.
    As in read it, then ate it? Because if you're coming to that conclusion you never comprehended what was actually in the memo.

Can you point to the specific crimes that would lead to incarceration?

You're adorable.

Have you ever considered applying for a job at Fox News?
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreality View Post
    I've stopped talking to random women for any kind of reason. If I see one walking into a store before me, I freeze. I won't move until she's fully inside and on her way. I damn sure won't be having sex with any of them anymore. Thank goodness for porn and masturbation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Nothing wrong with racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    > This is complete bullshit! The real story is RussiaGhazi! We have a piss dossier which 'totes is credible guys!
    You know the whole "piss dossier" angle didn't do much for you last year, but right after the Stormy Daniels scandal?

I don't think anyone would be surprised if that one turned out to be true like the rest of the dossier.

- - - Updated - - -

After reading the memo and digesting it, I really don't see the Democrats coming to power for generations.
    How's Roy Moore's campaign doing these days? Still hasn't conceded as far as I can tell.

Smelling a win?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.