Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So far it looks like they are completely shitting on ele in pvp.... : \

Is Earthquake gonna be a Channeled spell or why are people freaking out here?
    The Epicenter passive makes it instant cast?

How can it have a 2.5sec Cast and also be a channel spell that also can be made instant with a cost per seconds? It doesnt make any sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Is Earthquake gonna be a Channeled spell or why are people freaking out here?
    The Epicenter passive makes it instant cast?

How can it have a 2.5sec Cast and also be a channel spell that also can be made instant with a cost per seconds? It doesnt make any sense
    Now it looks like the Legion failed moonkin talent: it will tick as long as you pump maelstrom. The mookin version was Crap and nobody ever used it. Will ours be the same? Now it looks like it will.
    The 20% damage reduction... Will you use it in PvP? Lolo. Say you are trained by at least 1 melee. Which is already bad. You will drop an Earthquake so you get 20% damage reduction, right? Now the problem is you will have to keep generating Maelstrom. So... what, spam more LB? You won't have Gust of wind. You won't have the root/stun totem (in the current version). But yeah... we'll see I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    im seeing right, cause elemental blast and echo o the elements are in the same tiers of talents, this is a down for me, the 2 most funny spells in the same tier is a kick in the nuts
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-01-28 at 09:04 AM.

Really hope they don't remove Icefury... it makes the spec IMO, making our rotation actually fun, especially since both Fire Elemental and Ascendance are so boring.

They need to re-add move-while-casting Lightning bolt and spirit-walker's grace. It will make elemental so more appealing.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

"Gust of wind is too much like blink, therefore hurts class identity, Druid and Shaman instead transform into animals!"

Druid:

-Wild Charge (a.k.a. limited blink / Disengage)
    -Tiger Dash (4sec 200% Sprint which decreases over time)

Shaman(Elemental):

-Ghostwolf (30% speed; up to 50% after 4 second w/ Spiritwolf).

I'm not even surprised he spent most of the time talking about Druids there, as the Shaman side is a legit joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    "Gust of wind is too much like blink, therefore hurts class identity, Druid and Shaman instead transform into animals!"

Druid:

-Wild Charge (a.k.a. limited blink / Disengage)
    -Tiger Dash (4sec 200% Sprint which decreases over time)

Shaman(Elemental):

-Ghostwolf (30% speed; up to 50% after 4 second w/ Spiritwolf).

I'm not even surprised he spent most of the time talking about Druids there, as the Shaman side is a legit joke.
    Gust of wind will never be alike with Blink. Gust of Wind has travel time. Also best as "free fall protection" (much easier to timed with your land timing). You summon the power of wind to protect you from free-falling death, or to dodge any shit. How come it hurt the class fantasy? Sigh Ion... You quoted Ion, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    How come it hurt the class fantasy?
    "That you already described it as blink like ability says why it hurts class fantasy" Not literal quote but pretty close.

I can follow the logic to a certain degree, however the fundamental issue with Blizzard Class design is simply that their design philosophies are a one way track.
    It already starts at "A class / spec needs to have strength and weaknesses" unless you play Mage or Rogue, then you're obviously the exception or get a weakness that is basically irrelevant.

Same shit here, a lack of mobility is fine - if - you can make up for this weakness somehow, but Ion already started here the game the devs have been playing with quite a few specs for a long time whenever a new expansion is due - Homealone, who will be forgotten and then receives bandaid fixes throughout the expansion.

He then kept just talking about Displacer Beast, Blink and Wild Charge, Ghostwolf wasn't even mentioned - just that transforming into animals for mobility is part of Druid / Shaman class fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    Sigh Ion... You quoted Ion, yes?
    Is there any other developer that currently opens his / her mouth towards the community?

New Elemental Shaman is quite unappealing. Waiting for changes though.

if gust of wind is a "blink" than what exactly is the feral charge in stag form?

Every expansion it seems they just think "what do find people fun as elemental' followed by "let's remove that"

oh yeh and lets give combat rogues their grapple baseline. it's totally not like warrior's charge or that survival hunter ability...

They just made a big mistake by adding 3 melee classes over time and now want to switch balance more towards melee while half the melee specs are far more alike than the ranged specs are...

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    if gust of wind is a "blink" than what exactly is the feral charge in stag form?
    Travel form cannot be used outside, thereby unuseable in most raids.

The logic is basically "(Spell)caster with ability that quickly brings him / her from Point A to B* = Similiar to Blink => Mages feel less unique".

B* needs to be a nonspecific location perceived as "forward" from point A.

But you're still allowed to transform into an animal for 30% Movementspeed that also prevents spellcasting, this obviously does not infringe on a certain druid ability in any shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Travel form cannot be used outside, thereby unuseable in most raids.

The logic is basically "(Spell)caster with ability that quickly brings him / her from Point A to B* = Similiar to Blink => Mages feel less unique".

B* needs to be a nonspecific location perceived as "forward" from point A.

But you're still allowed to transform into an animal for 30% Movementspeed that also prevents spellcasting, this obviously does not infringe on a certain druid ability in any shape or form.
    And in boomkin form it's just hunter's disengage... and the new dash is nothing like aspect of the cheetah...

Why doesnt Ion say "Hey let's remove time warp from mages, it make feels shaman less unique..."

No he says that druids speccing into feral charge shouldnt worry at all... FML.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still very early. They did say that they want to make the specs/classes feel unique. And ditch the 'bring the player not the class' thing.
    This means that the classes won't be Equal. One will be more mobile. One will be bla bla, etc.
    Saying and doing are two different things.
    We'll see what the future holds.
    Last edited by Bugg; 2018-02-03 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    And in boomkin form it's just hunter's disengage... and the new dash is nothing like aspect of the cheetah...
    As i said above, one of the biggest issue is that Blizzards design philosophy is basically a two caste system, there are classes that are being designed with that mind in, whereas others simply get a free pass because being special and better seems to be their thing.

The fact that Mages seemingly keep Time Warp is proof of this.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    It's still very early. They did say that they want to make the specs/classes feel unique. And ditch the 'bring the player not the class' thing.
    "Trust me, you'll be fine without Lightning bolt being castable while moving".

Blizzard has a history on taking things from Shaman and then forget to come up with a proper substitute.

It happened in Wotlk, when Totem buffs were made available to other classes, in happened in WoD when they removed LB on the move.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-02-03 at 06:31 PM.

Elemental seems to be turning into PvP trash ala Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Earthquake looks like a disaster, Fury of Elune/Breath of Sindragosa mutant hybrid.

Also the generally look of the talents seems to be way to lightning bolt focused.
    If the spell damage coefficients that were data-mined are correct (i.e. LB and LvB do the same base damage), if you take all the LB talents you'll never cast LvB unless it procs an instant and you need to move, because LB will be doing more damage on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    If the spell damage coefficients that were data-mined are correct (i.e. LB and LvB do the same base damage), if you take all the LB talents you'll never cast LvB unless it procs an instant and you need to move, because LB will be doing more damage on average.
    Are you including the fact LVB crits on targets with flame shock active?

so from this very brief look, how do you guys think we'll be compared to now. slight improvement? I only ask as I'm literally rolling back to my Shaman now after ditching it in MoP for a Monk, I've done the ol' switcheroo back to Ele/Enh (where are the Enhance changes?)

Quote Originally Posted by korlach View Post
    Gust of wind is not leaving just because it's not a talent. And not based on datamined details. Too many people love it and maybe for once blizz is listening and making it baseline.
    I had hoped this was true. After listening to the Q and A though, they are doubling down on removing abilities that are taken from another spec. Druids are losing Displacer Beast, and Shaman loses Gust of Wind due to it being to close to Mage Blink. The best we can hope for is to have Spirtwalkers Grace back for Ele at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poohab View Post
    If the spec goes down the shtter, just level boost the class that's popping off.
    Or stick through it and complain for the entire BFA, both works.
    This sums up my feelings