Page 34 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't know that the FBI did anything wrong in this incident. They probably followed the process that's been standard for decades, which I think is a clearly poor process, but is what it is. The biggest thing I'm taken back by is how many people I would have expected to be unenthusiastic about law enforcement bumping up against the edges of constitutional privacy rights suddenly finding that it's actually basically fine when the targets are people they don't like anyway.
    Because the issue of privacy rights is not being discussed in a memo, but was extended by the same party making the claim.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Because the issue of privacy rights is not being discussed in a memo, but was extended by the same party making the claim.
    Sure. That's consistent with what I wrote earlier:
    - There's not much new here
    - The memo wasn't very exciting. It's basically just the same stuff we already knew was going on.
    - Nunes is a fuckface.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be clear, I'm not comparing a tap on a dipshit like Carter Page to trying to blackmail MLK - my reason for linking that is to note that as an institution the FBI has done some truly horrible shit and doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt from the public.

I don't know that the FBI did anything wrong in this incident. They probably followed the process that's been standard for decades, which I think is a clearly poor process, but is what it is. The biggest thing I'm taken back by is how many people I would have expected to be unenthusiastic about law enforcement bumping up against the edges of constitutional privacy rights suddenly finding that it's actually basically fine when the targets are people they don't like anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a generally good point. Are you aware of any agencies releasing data on how many are actually withdrawn? To the best of my knowledge, there isn't any evidence that number that don't eventually get approved is non-negligible. As someone that's submitted a fair number of applications, academic papers, and other documents, I'd love if basically every single one ended with someone giving me the equivalent of Approved w/ Revisions.

I agree. I would be very surprised if any branch of law enforcement had an institutional bias that was pro-Democrat.
    Added a few more thoughts to my post after you quoted it, sorry about that.

At any rate, the only number we really have that I am aware of is that, since they started keeping records on the matter, 24.4% of all government requests are either withdrawn or revised due to demands the court made. Which at the very least suggests that the court is in fact reading the requests and pointing out where they are lacking, rather than blindly agreeing to anything shown them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Asking for a friend, are you purposely missing the point or simply not smart?

Also, you could save yourself some time if you wanted to and simply type "but hilary" for everything, as that is all you ever vomit out these days.

"Cheers"
    Or Theo could save herself valuable time by not dealing with bitter lemons who cite "muh russia" and racism as the reasons why Trump won and you guys lost.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Charge and Response from Nunes and the committee, if anyone wants to look it over.
    Did you see that in parts NOT released by Nunes and his idiotic cronies, show that the FISA court knew there was political motivation behind the Steele Dossier? No wonder Nunes is retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Did you see that in parts NOT released by Nunes and his idiotic cronies, show that the FISA court knew there was political motivation behind the Steele Dossier? No wonder Nunes is retiring.
    Is he? I hadn't seen that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Is he? I hadn't seen that.
    The FISA court knew about the political motivation behind the Steele Dossier. I guess those rabid Trumpster fans finally found their nothingburger.

The FISA court knew about the political motivation behind the Steele Dossier. I guess those rabid Trumpster fans finally found their nothingburger.
    I think he's talking about your "nunes is retiring" comment. Gowdy is retiring. Nunes looks to be running for reelection still afaik.

Edit: holy shit, you are "nunes is retiring" comment.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2018-02-04 at 04:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I think he's talking about you're "nunes is retiring" comment. Gowdy is retiring. Nunes looks to be running for reelection still afaik.
    Ah, gotcha. My bad re Nunes retiring. I thought he was - I think I was confusing his "recuse" from the Russia investigation with retiring.

Ah, gotcha. My bad re Nunes retiring. I thought he was - I think I was confusing his "recursion" from the Russia investigation with retiring.
    Don't get me excited like that Cubby.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    The biggest take aways from the memo are the Democrats were working with Russians to find dirt on trump. This dirt however was never verified. The Fisa Courts never bothered to check the accuracy of the warrent any of the times it was renewed or when it was first givin the the instance of Carter Page. Multiple Obama administration DOJ/FBI heads signed off on the documents while intentionally omitting information that would reveal a bias. In this case that the research was funded by the DNC/hillary campaign as well as the fact that Steele was anti-trump.
    I guess that would be my biggest takeaway, if I was an illiterate escaped mental patient who had recently suffered a severe concussion.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, let's assume Nunes' statement wasn't a lie. Then the FISA court was somehow unaware that Fusion GPS was hired by someone with a political affiliation? Like, are we expected to believe that the FISA court doesn't know what Fusion GPS does for a living?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    The biggest take aways from the memo are the Democrats were working with Russians to find dirt on trump. This dirt however was never verified. The Fisa Courts never bothered to check the accuracy of the warrent any of the times it was renewed or when it was first givin the the instance of Carter Page. Multiple Obama administration DOJ/FBI heads signed off on the documents while intentionally omitting information that would reveal a bias. In this case that the research was funded by the DNC/hillary campaign as well as the fact that Steele was anti-trump.
    Except the FISA court knew all about the political motivation behind the Steele Dossier when they originally issued the warrants. I guess the biggest take away is that the Trumpkins finally found their nothingburger.

Quote Originally Posted by President View Post
    Or Theo could save herself valuable time by not dealing with bitter lemons who cite "muh russia" and racism as the reasons why Trump won and you guys lost.
    Wait hang on, I just realised... how long have you had your own quote in your sig? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by President View Post
    But it is Russia that got Trump and racism that got Trump elected. His economics, at best, are below what Obama was doing. Nothing he has done has helped the economy, and the tax plan won't change that fact.

It is clear to me that I have read it on multiple different occasions and that other people simply have a much more charitable view of the IC than I do. I realize that you and NYC firmly believe that no reasonable person could question the integrity of said courts and I think quite literally the opposite.
    The FISA courts are shady and light on oversight, as is the FBI - which led to numerous abuses in the past. Sure.

Not really relevant now, is it? Rather amusing how the GOP suddenly started to care about oversight like FISA when the FBI started pursuing an actual criminal. Weren't so concerned back in the Bush Administration, were they? LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Well to be fair though, the memo is the result of the investigation by the House Committee on Intelligence. It is itself an ongoing investigation.
    Another day another lie, eh Dacien?

You really need to try harder if you want to have plausible deniability for your obvious shilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Another day another lie, eh Dacien?

You really need to try harder if you want to have plausible deniability for your obvious shilling.
    This hurts me, Morm.

Hey, why haven't you reached into your pocketbook for Premium yet? You should.

This hurts me, Morm.

Hey, why haven't you reached into your pocketbook for Premium yet? You should.
    Is there a bigger avatar size in Premium yet? At least in kb terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Is there a bigger avatar size in Premium yet? At least in kb terms.
    You'll have to ask @chaud about that.

It's been quite a while since I had any inside track on what's going on with the site.

This hurts me, Morm.
    The truth always hurts, Dacien, especially if it foils your sociopathic agenda.

But that doesn't mean you should subscribe to alternative realities if the right way to go about it is simply change who you are to be a better person.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Every day I have to suffer a few unbearable moments seeing FOX news play out in the locker room with the most ridiculously disingenuous and shoddy news casting I have ever had the misfortune to come across. The conclusions they have so far come out with regarding this dossier are blatantly stupid, utterly without merit, and clearly catering to the least common denominator in their viewerbase.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)