Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think this has nothing to do with age and everything to do with wisdom. Even as a 15 year old some know better than to hide basic facts about their lives or not to get serious with someone that isn't serious material.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Um if he isn't divorced then how can he marry his new love interest? One leads to the other.
    If he is recently divorced, why would he be interested in quickly remarrying? Divorce can leave a trauma making someone lose all interest in the illusions that accompany marriage, making it just seem like a signature on a paper that can be turned against you

Deleted
    Um if he isn't divorced then how can he marry his new love interest? One leads to the other.
    You generally don't talk about marriage whilst dating and even then what makes you think he wants to re-marry?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    That is not an age issue. The level of drama coming from that guy... this is on the guy. Cracks me up that he wonders if its due to age.
    The only thing "on the guy" is that he didn't disclose his weekend job. Everything else is on the woman. In regards to the article itself, it's funny because most "Dear Abbey" stories are edited, if not outright fake.

One does not lead to the other. A person can date but not want a relationship or be in a relationship without wanting to be married.

Deleted
    this can all be traced to some traumatic event that happened during childhood that was not dealt with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    The only thing "on the guy" is that he didn't disclose his weekend job. Everything else is on the woman. In regards to the article itself, it's funny because most "Dear Abbey" stories are edited, if not outright fake.
    I mentioned him, and only him, because he asked the question: is this about age? Regardless of her drama, he's being a bit of a dumb ass and drama queen which has nothing to do with his age. He's acting immature, not mature. Completely subjective here, of course. Some people may think he is acting his age.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I mentioned him, and only him, because he asked the question: is this about age? Regardless of her drama, he's being a bit of a dumb ass and drama queen which has nothing to do with his age. He's acting immature, not mature. Completely subjective here, of course. Some people may think he is acting his age.
    While some people can be immature regardless of their age, there's a few possibilities in this regard, including the aforementioned "fake" story option. I mean, I'm 45 and I don't use "ghosted". Sounds more like the words of a "blogger" who got a job as an advice columnist. Then again, if he'd been married for quite a few years, the "drama" could simply be out of ignorance (another reason marriage is silly). /shrug

I addressed that in my post. Your initial comment included the part about his not being officially divorced, which is the reason she got upset and called him a liar. Not telling someone you've been on a few dates with that you got a part-time job on the weekends doesn't make you a "lying shitlord". That's fucking stupid.
    He's insincere from the start. People like that don't have lasting anythings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I guess you didn't learn from the last thread where we talked about your reading comprehension. You want round two? You get round two.

Next:

Where is this?

Nope, not seeing it there. I think I found the nonsense here Tennis, it's you. I'll ask what I did last time with a twist. Are you the average representation of Canadian education systems capability? Because I'm not impressed.
    So it's a thread about the Canadian divorce system and you try to switch it around to the Finn one? That doesn't seem right does it? You can't deceive us with such tactics doll.

The man and woman in this article are Canadians obviously. You should easily know this from reading the OP..

To the last point, cmon. It's the internet. It's a given that I approach it differently to real life.

7+ Year Old Account
    While some people can be immature regardless of their age, there's a few possibilities in this regard, including the aforementioned "fake" story option. I mean, I'm 45 and I don't use "ghosted". Sounds more like the words of a "blogger" who got a job as an advice columnist. Then again, if he'd been married for quite a few years, the "drama" could simply be out of ignorance (another reason marriage is silly). /shrug
    Any of these dear abby type stories from Tenni I automatically think are fake. Totally agree with you on your interpretation of how an adult speaks. I'm 49 and I never hear my various friends and co-workers (even my younger co-workers) speak in such a fashion. Its made up gibberish imo.

Edit:
    Younger meaning between low 20s and mid 30s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    That's one type of standard "hook" imo, in these types of stories: insincerity.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're not going be "sincere" after a few dates with anyone. I certainly wouldn't disclose anything about myself other than what was relevant to the status of our current arrangement. Unless/until it actually becomes serious (to which "dating" is not), nothing else is any of her business.

Regardless, you started off calling him a "lying shitlord", which was nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction to a story you barely skimmed over. Even if one assumes that it's true, you're either oblivious to or ignoring the fact that the woman was just as much, if not more of a cunt than you're implying he is.

You're not going be "sincere" after a few dates with anyone. I certainly wouldn't disclose anything about myself other than what was relevant to the status of our current arrangement. Unless/until it actually becomes serious (to which "dating" is not), nothing else is any of her business.

Regardless, you started off calling him a "lying shitlord", which was nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction to a story you barely skimmed over. Even if one assumes that it's true, you're either oblivious to or ignoring the fact that the woman was just as much, if not more of a cunt than you're implying he is.
    Bah because you dwelled so much and thought about this story deep mode. There's clearly a pattern visible, he's not been honest and he held back information albeit describing the woman as his girlfriend.

A lying shitlord that a book couldn't define any better.

So it's a thread about the Canadian divorce system and you try to switch it around to the Finn one? That doesn't seem right does it? You can't deceive us with such tactics doll.

The man and woman in this article are Canadians obviously. You should easily know this from reading the OP..

To the last point, cmon. It's the internet. It's a given that I approach it differently to real life.
    That's fine if you want to move goalpost. Let's do that. This site is ultimately American owned, so that'll be the default regardless of you posting irrelevant Canadian tabloid articles. Can't deceive me with diverting to Canada with such tactics brutha.

Or if you want to make a case, that no one is allowed to discuss anything Non-Canada in your Canada tabloid article threads, then allow me to point out the following:

Forbidden Topics
    Nationalism and nation bashing

Because at that point you're practically confessing on that being the purpose of your thread.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2018-02-04 at 12:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's fine if you want to move goalpost. Let's do that. This site is ultimately American owned, so that'll be the default regardless of you posting irrelevant Canadian tabloid articles. Can't deceive me with diverting to Canada with such tactics brutha.

Or if you want to make a case, that no one is allowed to discuss anything Non-Canada in your Canada tabloid article threads, then allow me to point out the following:

Forbidden Topics

Because at that point you're practically confessing on that being the purpose of your thread.
    Which is often broken on here. So often, there are not enough mods to see them I guess.

At an advanced age you'd have more complexities in your life, but I still wouldn't say age is the problem, at least if both parties are more or less near each other in that regard. Plainly stated, this guy was untruthful and it bit him in the ass.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account

Forbidden Topics

How so? Totally wrong.
    Nationalism isn't expecting you to know context.

It's like we're talking about the Finnish school system and someone randomly starts bringing up the British education system. Does that make sense? No. It's rude and disrespectful.

We are here to talk about relationships at an advanced age. If you want to specifically talk about the example from the OP then stay on point.

How so? Totally wrong.
    Nationalism isn't expecting you to know context.

It's like we're talking about the Finnish school system and someone randomly starts bringing up the British education system. Does that make sense? No. It's rude and disrespectful.

We are here to talk about relationships at an advanced age.
    If you want to specifically talk about the example from the OP then stay on point.
    I replied to Endus, as I'm fully allowed to. It's not my fault you got randomly triggered by example from elsewhere, and started frothing about the example not being Canada specific. Sounds like nationalism to me.

Make up your mind already. Are we to talk about the bolded part, or nationalist Canada only subjects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bah because you dwelled so much and thought about this story deep mode. There's clearly a pattern visible, he's not been honest and he held back information albeit describing the woman as his girlfriend.

A lying shitlord that a book couldn't define any better.
    And yet, his failure to disclose the inconsequential fact that he had a part-time job pales in comparison to the intellectual dishonesty of your infantile vitriol.

i can see not on the first date, maybe not on the 2nd but 3rd most likely yeah the i'm separated and trying to get the divorce finalized talk needs to happen. I dated a girl that told me she was divorced, we had been together a for awhile (6+ months) one day she was supper happy and when i asked why, she told me her divorce was finalized that day. I was pissed and she didn't get why either. Granted part of my reasoning was I was an Officer in the USAF at the time.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

So they dated for a few months but they only went on a couple of dates and didn't even have sex ?

She was just not that interested. End of story.

And yet, his failure to disclose the inconsequential fact that he had a part-time job pales in comparison to the intellectual dishonesty of your infantile vitriol.
    Pls Daddy don't be mad at me