Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Worgen and Goblin Monks

With the introduction of allied races, we see pandaren monks stationed in places like suramar and highmountain, teaching these new races the way of the monk. Not sure where the monks were teaching voidelves however. This made me think if the pandaren were so eager to spread their martial arts to other races, why don't we have worgen and goblin monks after 3 expansions? Do these two races just not accept the teachings lorewise, or blizz just don't want them to be monks (throw back to when humans can't be hunters)?

Deleted
    Kung-fu worgen... with those legs...? Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortarion View Post
    cows can be monks and gnomes so goblin and worgen should too
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Why not? We saw a kung-fu crane, praying mantis, snake, tiger, some badger thing, later on, an alligator, some ox, among other animals. Why not? I mean, if a stupid bug can do kung-fu, I would think a werewolf could too!

Oh wait, this isn't kung-fu panda... or is it!?
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Tauren and Draenei says hi.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Monks are like a disease that spreads to everyone. I'd be happy to know at least Worgen and Goblin weren't affect by it.

Would be better to have Worgen Demon Hunters anyday than that generic meat slapper of a class.

Not sure where the monks were teaching voidelves however.
    Given the fact that there are Sin'dorei in Telogrus, it's possible that the playable Ren'dorei Monk is a Sin'dorei who was trained in Silvermoon by the Pandaren during Mists of Pandaria but decided to travel to Telogrus recently to study the Void.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    Given the fact that there are Sin'dorei in Telogrus, it's possible that the playable Ren'dorei Monk is a Sin'dorei who was trained in Silvermoon by the Pandaren during Mists of Pandaria but decided to travel to Telogrus recently to study the Void.
    This.

They come prepackaged with their class as a Blood Elf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    Then there should be void elf death knights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    Blood Elf Death Knights are Knights of the Ebon Blade, not Silvermoon citizens. Why on earth would they 1. Even want to use the void and 2. Be exiled from Silvermoon when they live in Acherus.

DK's are just as much as their own race/faction as they are a class.

Deleted
    Death knights arent single hivemind. By this logic every monk lives in the mountains of pandaria, training the whole day. Also i doubt any monk would want to study void powers.

Deleted
    Death knights arent single hivemind. By this logic every monk lives in the mountains of pandaria, training the whole day. Also i doubt any monk would want to study void powers.
    Monks aren't a hero class.

DH and DK's have their own home bases, their own faction and their own leaders.

Indeed, which is why i even opened a thread dedicated to Ren'dorei Death Knights in the past.

But then one of the Horde Allied Races would also be able to become Death Knights for balance's sake, and neither the Shal'dorei of Suramar nor the Highmountain Tauren of Thunder Totem have even interacted with the Scourge of Arthas.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-02-04 at 04:48 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Deleted
    There does not have to be balance, as people say about horde having 4 druid races and alliance 2.

There is -and never was- any lore reason for why those races cannot be Monks. There's actually good ground for RP as a Worgen Monk (not least of all since Monks are just bad Druid in lore and Worgen can be Druids). It was always due to the Monk using hand-crafted animations on the new skeleton system they added in Mists. Goblins and Worgen use a newer system than the legacy models but an older one than the Pandaren. This makes them incompatible. We'll get new Monks alongside the model updates, I'd imagine.

They're not even remotely similar. People are afraid of Death Knights. You wouldn't be wary of an undead standing next to you if you're on the Alliance?

Blood Elf Death Knights don't return to Silvermoon, just like DKs of any other race don't return to their home cities in the lore. They return to Acherus.

Deleted
    As much as I love Monks, I really dislike how the class is introduced to each race with a mere Pandaren teacher in the starting zone. Boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably waiting to update their models before going to the effort of animating monk abilities for them. Just makes sense to not waste time like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Real question is why void elves can be monks, and lightforged can't...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GSN View Post
    Real question is why void elves can be monks, and lightforged can't...
    One was trained before they were exiled, the other is a space goat who has literally just arrived in Azeroth.