Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well they said Draenor orcs are coming, so I'm assuming it's going to be a single allied race featuring customisation options which allow you to look like any of the clans from the WoD loading screen:
    - Frostwolf: brown skin
    - Warsong: brown skin, tattoos, hairstyles (to look like Grom, etc)
    - Blackrock: grey skin
    - Shattered Hand: grey skin, those gross hairstyles, those grosser poison vials in the shoulders and such.
    - Bleeding Hollow: brown skin, white tattoos, maybe a missing eye?
    - Shadowmoon: brown skin, priest class (replacing warlocks, as the Draenor orcs did not drink the demon blood and would frown upon it).

All the options could be open, or you could choose a clan as one of the customisation options (which would affect your other options). It probably wouldn't even work out to be that much effort to add them, as a lot of the assets already exist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post
    Well they said Draenor orcs are coming, so I'm assuming it's going to be a single allied race featuring customisation options which allow you to look like any of the clans from the WoD loading screen:
    - Shattered Hand: grey skin, those gross hairstyles, those grosser poison vials in the shoulders and such.
    - Shadowmoon: brown skin, priest class (replacing warlocks, as the Draenor orcs did not drink the demon blood and would frown upon it).

All the options could be open, or you could choose a clan as one of the customisation options (which would affect your other options). It probably wouldn't even work out to be that much effort to add them, as a lot of the assets already exist.
    the shit thing is, i think you won't be able to mix up, gonna be a fucking waste of allied race, when thy could just put all this shit in the normal orc creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    As far as i know the Orcs have never had problems of the women being seen as less, i mean... there is even Durotan's wife that beat the shit out of him when he said something like "Stay back, don't go to fight, i want you to stay safe.")
    what youre describing here is literally an orc female having a problem because she was seen as less friend. by the leader of her clan and husband. thats pretty bad news

Anyone guessing what the class line up will be?

Guaranteed : Warrior, Shaman, Hunter, Rogue
    Possible : Priest, Monk
    Unlikely : Warlock, Mage, Druid,
    Not happening : Demon Hunter, Death Knight, Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    "orc clans" as one whole allied race? As in the draenor ones or things like the azeroth dragonmaw and outland mag'har?
    From what we can tell it’s the Orcs from AU Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

You have the Shadowmoon clan shadow priests, so I think priests would work. Wouldn't be interesting if some members of the Shadowmoon Clan started incorporated Naaru into their beliefs, basically shamans using the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Caaethil View Post

Pretty much this. Blizzard already have all of the skins ingame so they merely just need to give it to us as an allied race. For anyone curious just go on the wowhead dressing room and enable npc skin colors. http://bfa.wowhead.com/dressing-room...s8sP8eXW8sP87m and then you guys can see all of the potential skin colors. All of them pretty much being what is in this post besides shattered hand and those hairstyles. But these skins even includes the scars, tattoos, etc.
    Last edited by Crushkid12; 2018-02-03 at 07:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

they could be mage, sadly they will not because ~~reasons~~

the flowerpicker clan should be druid btw

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crushkid12 View Post
    Pretty much this. Blizzard already have all of the skins ingame so they merely just need to give it to us as an allied race. For anyone curious just go on the wowhead dressing room and enable npc skin colors. http://bfa.wowhead.com/dressing-room...s8sP8eXW8sP87m and then you guys can see all of the potential skin colors. All of them pretty much being what is in this post besides shattered hand and those hairstyles. But these skins even includes the scars, tattoos, etc.
    this only show how blizzard should just enable those skins color sin the orc character creation, not add a entire different race

>when a fansite do a better job than you

I started at the first page to see what was this post about and then i press go to last page and somewhere in between the discussion of first orc clan to be ally became about female orc equality >.> i will not even try to go to previous pages fuck it .

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    I started at the first page to see what was this post about and then i press go to last page and somewhere in between the discussion of first orc clan to be ally became about female orc equality >.> i will not even try to go to previous pages fuck it .
    Sorry, we were debating whether or not the Dragonmaw were the only clan to have equality between male and female orcs or not

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized the whole are Dragonmaw orcs culturally different enough from standard orcs is completely mute since the Highmountain Tauren are basically just regular tauren with moose horns and more focus on hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    As far as i know the Orcs have never had problems of the women being seen as less, i mean... there is even Durotan's wife that beat the shit out of him when he said something like "Stay back, don't go to fight, i want you to stay safe."
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you barely see any female in RTS games, this is just game mechanic, thrall never tell then that, that was something thrall learn after stayed with orcs from the warsong and the frostwolf, the only race who was teach this thing about sex equality was the trolls by the orcs

Again, Thrall was raised by humans he only learn about this equality living with other orcs, He was sexist by himself, saying to Agra stay in home with the children like a human female.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Crossroads_Conscription

I KNEW IT, OH MY GOD, thank you for sharing this essentially information

7+ Year Old Account
    ReTcOn

not that hard to grasp, just take a look of how they did in WoD and with others trolls tribes
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-05 at 12:07 AM.

ReTcOn

not that hard to grasp, just take a look of how they did in WoD and with others trolls tribes
    The status of orc females in bizarro-Draenor can be explained in other ways besides calling retcon and declaring Thrall a sexist. One such way would be that Garrosh, having seen the efficacy of having females contribute under Thrall, decided to carry that forward with the Iron Horde. The dungeon journal for the Iron Maidens alludes to this:

With little opportunity to exercise her tactical brilliance under the ancient social structure of the orc clans, Gar’an was thrilled to be one of the first warriors to volunteer for naval duty under the Iron Horde. Instantly successful in battle, she was named Admiral of the iron Horde fleet and selected Marak and Sorka as her lieutenants. Together, they are called the Iron Maidens, and have crushed any who have dared face them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    The status of orc females in bizarro-Draenor can be explained in other ways besides calling retcon and declaring Thrall a sexist. One such way would be that Garrosh, having seen the efficacy of having females contribute under Thrall, decided to carry that forward with the Iron Horde. The dungeon journal for the Iron Maidens alludes to this:
    So how can you explain Golka? Grom's mate? durotan's mate? this sexism was never a thing in the old orc society, It was a retcon indeed, but this thing of "thrall show the other way" was to explain why females didn't appear in the rts games, it was bullshit and they retconed

early lore show trolls as extremely sexists, the females only could be simple things like minor priests, thats one of the reasons the trolls like the horde, because there they could have equality, early lore, vanila times and beyond, all this was retconed to say everyone was equal, like you can see with zandalari with a lot of woman as high ranks int heir society.

And yes thall raised by humans is more sexist than other orcs, since in WoD, he was constantly telling Agra to go home take care of the children

So how can you explain Golka? Grom's mate? durotan's mate? this sexism was never a thing in the old orc society, It was a retcon indeed, but this thing of "thrall show the other way" was to explain why females didn't appear in the rts games, it was bullshit and they retconed
    I just quoted you lore that's from WoD that said it was a thing, and I can explain them by calling them exceptions to what was a widespread societal norm.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just quoted you lore that's from WoD that said it was a thing, and I can explain them by calling them exceptions to what was a widespread societal norm.
    there si too much exceptions, i call retcon, since before they are trying to get of the 'sexism" things, WoD come and break up a lot of things in the old lore, this was one of those things

there si too much exceptions, i call retcon, since before they are trying to get of the 'sexism" things, WoD come and break up a lot of things in the old lore, this was one of those things
    I mean, you used WoD to say that the quest I linked was retconned. I thought you were happy about WoD breaking things up.

I'll agree with you about this: it is bullshit. I remember reading that text back in 2005 and being frustrated that they introduced the idea that the orcs were sexist. Restrictive and unimaginative.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, you used WoD to say that the quest I linked was retconned. I thought you were happy about WoD breaking things up.

I'll agree with you about this: it is bullshit. I remember reading that text back in 2005 and being frustrated that they introduced the idea that the orcs were sexist. Restrictive and unimaginative.
    well my point was tos ay the Orcs were never sexist (something introduced by retcon) and it was not thrall who bring this concept, he was actually the opposite, being raised by humans

regardless, this was not the first point, the dude was saying that the dragonmawn were not sexist and that was a "cultural trait" while the rest of the horde was sexist. thats jut not true, dragonmawn are basically same as other clans, full of brutal and warmongers much like the blackrock, one of the reasons they followed Garrosh so well, the prime difference is their taming dragons.

early lore show trolls as extremely sexists, the females only could be simple things like minor priests, thats one of the reasons the trolls like the horde, because there they could have equality, early lore, vanila times and beyond, all this was retconed to say everyone was equal, like you can see with zandalari with a lot of woman as high ranks int heir society.

And yes thall raised by humans is more sexist than other orcs, since in WoD, he was constantly telling Agra to go home take care of the children
    Grom's mate in WoD died, and Grom detested her for being weak, Durotan and Thrall can be explained as not wanting them to be anywhere near danger, they would never forgive themselves if their respective mates were harmed

- - - Updated - - -

well my point was tos ay the Orcs were never sexist (something introduced by retcon) and it was not thrall who bring this concept, he was actually the opposite, being raised by humans

regardless, this was not the first point, the dude was saying that the dragonmawn were not sexist and that was a "cultural trait" while the rest of the horde was sexist. thats jut not true, dragonmawn are basically same as other clans, full of brutal and warmongers much like the blackrock, one of the reasons they followed Garrosh so well, the prime difference is their taming dragons.
    Well I was arguing they were distinct enough to be an Allied Race, then I realized that doesn't matter because the Highmountain Tauren are just regular Tauren with Antlers and more hunting

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Grom's mate in WoD died, and Grom detested her for being weak,
    well so? this only prove man and woman ae equal in orc society if you ahve the strenght, he detested her fo being weak not because she was a woman

Durotan and Thrall can be explained as not wanting them to be anywhere near danger, they would never forgive themselves if their respective mates were harmed
    not durotan only thrall wanted that

Well I was arguing they were distinct enough to be an Allied Race, then I realized that doesn't matter because the Highmountain Tauren are just regular Tauren with Antlers and more hunting
    and in fact they are not distinct, they are just another orc clan, the only difference is that they tame dragons, and using dragon power they can, be something else, but their culture is pretty much the same as any orc