Just had my first bout with ole nergy.

Everything was going smooth, just listened to the tip they gave before the fight to fight from under him and had him limping by 10 minutes in (its insane how safe you are by its butt), and then he did a second dive bomb really quickly after he had just done one and clipped me, then immediately after I ran back from that death he combos me. Thankfully he didn't have much left so he went from there, got a gem.

I need that eyepatch in my life, gonna be like the earrings all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Did you "unlock" the next upgrade on armors and weapons using Streamstones ? That cost quite a lot.
    Not sure, my weapons go up to rank 7 though I haven't gotten anything past 6 yet just due to available parts.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Crafting and upgrading High Rank gear gets expensive and if you group up for the High Rank monsters then you are splitting the reward money 4 ways. I doubt It will take me too long to get more but farming Nergigante is a pain but less so in a group so no matter how many times I kill him I only get a few thousand zenny assuming no one dies (and they usually do).
    I've been playing solo so I suppose that helps in this case, but honestly I never had a problem with zenny in the old games either.

I keep my weapons as up to date as I can and I have a bunch of weapons since I use DB's and need at least 1 per element. The armor I only put upgrades into as I feel I need it, but typically just upgrading parts for different skills keeps my def up enough to not feel the need. Like I just killed nergy for the first time and I have 225 def which feels fine. I tend to only invest the spheres when I have a piece worth keeping and nothing I'm wearing right now is all that great. For some reason there just doesn't seem to be many armors with offensive skills up to this point.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2018-02-05 at 01:56 AM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I've been playing solo so I suppose that helps in this case, but honestly I never had a problem with zenny in the old games either.

I keep my weapons as up to date as I can and I have a bunch of weapons since I use DB's and need at least 1 per element. The armor I only put upgrades into as I feel I need it, but typically just upgrading parts for different skills keeps my def up enough to not feel the need. Like I just killed nergy for the first time and I have 225 def which feels fine. I tend to only invest the spheres when I have a piece worth keeping and nothing I'm wearing right now is all that great. For some reason there just doesn't seem to be many armors with offensive skills up to this point.
    The first time I fought him I had 305 def I think, a 4-piece Odogaron A set upgraded to level 4. That's pretty good for offense too since it gives high affinity. Especially when paired with a good crit weapon like my Kadachi Fang.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    The first time I fought him I had 305 def I think, a 4-piece Odogaron A set upgraded to level 4. That's pretty good for offense too since it gives high affinity. Especially when paired with a good crit weapon like my Kadachi Fang.
    Crit eye is a pretty mediocre skill for damage, the odogaron set is more for keeping your sharpness up than it is for the affinity.

Here's a good writeup:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunt...loitattack_up/

I've mostly just been grabbing attack up, +element(though the cap for weps is ugh), and handicraft where I can. Though my current sets kind of a hobbled together thing of just what I could make at the time a bit into high rank cause I was still wearing like original bone pieces with 20 def on it. Do have AU+6 and 1 point in handicraft tho and swap around the +element when I can.

Definitely plan on making this eyepatch for the WE+2 though, probably gonna be wearing that forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you can make Custom Dishes but is there a way to make a meal that maximizes health and grants +Defense( L)?
    I just eat for the +Def and then make up the difference with a max potion or nutrients.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got good ole heat edge again

so glad to have lava triangle back

Can always pop a mega armorskin too if ya need def.

Man I forgot how much I hate fighting kush with DB's. Aerial style spoiled me being able to just knock the thing out of the sky. Thank goodness I have the flashpod on the cat right now because it would've been awful trying to get it down to hit it.

I gotta make an IG or something for fighting it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Can always pop a mega armorskin too if ya need def.

Man I forgot how much I hate fighting kush with DB's. Aerial style spoiled me being able to just knock the thing out of the sky. Thank goodness I have the flashpod on the cat right now because it would've been awful trying to get it down to hit it.

I gotta make an IG or something for fighting it later.
    I play Hammer only. It was the first monster that I geared I wouldn't get down in time. I hate that it is nearly untouchable 99.9973% of the time -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    I play Hammer only. It was the first monster that I geared I wouldn't get down in time. I hate that it is nearly untouchable 99.9973% of the time -.-
    Yeah, its just one of those monsters that really emphasizes certain weps. Pretty much need to either use something that can hit it while flying or bring a crapton of flash.

That's pretty weird every time I do Kushala he's like 70% on the ground and 30% in the air, I use a bow and almost never touch him while in the air (maybe 10-15% of my damage is while he's flying if I'm generous) because he's either inside a Tornado or just moves around too much. I go really far and he just dives in after like 20-30sec in the air.

Compare to like Rathalos who is flying 90% of the time, Kushala isn't really annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kush: Visually a nice fight, but the wind barrier got on my nerves as it always does in each game. Single cart.

Teostra: Whew, did not expect the differences in how he plays in MHW vs. previous games. I farmed the shit out of him in 4U (I think it was that one) and didn't expect the rapid 2 carts that he delivered in the first 5 minutes. I managed to pull it together for another 25 minutes or so and got him. Lots of close moments, had a lot of fun. Spectacular fight.

So i've not been able to play as much and just got to HR8 and solo'ed a pink rathian in a real short hunt. Boy did they nerf her this gen or what? seems way less agressive than the dive bomb monster she was in 4U.

That is weird, I've never noticed a toad in the area before but he definitely got paralyzed by something.
    With a group? I remember putting Nergigante to sleep with the beta horn, so possibe someone had a para weapon if you weren't solo.

Otherwise it's gotta be the toad.

Deleted
    Was finally able to defeat Nergigante...with the help of SOS
    I cant defeat him on my own so pretty much i got carried.
    You need either a huge ammount of patience or a huge ammount of skill to solo him. I have non.

Im depressed to be a worse player than videogamedunkey, lol, i think he beated him alone on the video.

Right now to progress in story mode i only need to do random hunts of HR. Its a good chillax moment.
    But man...what comes next is going to totally own my ass.
    Pretty much more elder dragons incoming :S Im focked.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    With a group? I remember putting Nergigante to sleep with the beta horn, so possibe someone had a para weapon if you weren't solo.

Otherwise it's gotta be the toad.
    If para weapons work then that might have been it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Was finally able to defeat Nergigante...with the help of SOS
    I cant defeat him on my own so pretty much i got carried.
    You need either a huge ammount of patience or a huge ammount of skill to solo him. I have non.

Im depressed to be a worse player than videogamedunkey, lol, i think he beated him alone on the video.

Right now to progress in story mode i only need to do random hunts of HR. Its a good chillax moment.
    But man...what comes next is going to totally own my ass.
    Pretty much more elder dragons incoming :S Im focked.
    I find Nergi to be the hardest between all of them to be honest. Maybe you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I find Nergi to be the hardest between all of them to be honest. Maybe you'll be fine.
    negigantes issue is the outright ridiculous hitbox on its psycho crusher. I have been completely out of the way by a good 20 feet and then sucked into it like the cars after Neo at the end of the Matrix Revolutions. Finally something worse than the Pleasioth Hip Check. For beginners its going to be a hard wall and i would highly recommend using and abusing traps and status effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    negigantes issue is the outright ridiculous hitbox on its psycho crusher. I have been completely out of the way by a good 20 feet and then sucked into it like the cars after Neo at the end of the Matrix Revolutions. Finally something worse than the Pleasioth Hip Check. For beginners its going to be a hard wall and i would highly recommend using and abusing traps and status effects.
    Can't use traps, he's an Elder Dragon. As for his "ultimate attack" The problem is the larger that it appears hitbox, but also it shoots out spikes in all directions that hit you as well.

It's really not that bad though, just superman dive it. Definitely not the first attack in the series that requires a superman dive. I would agree that he is by far the hardest Elder Dragon in the game. Probably the hardest flagship the series has ever had.

I'm just wondering how people can fight him with a slow weapon since the guy barely stands still in the final phase of the fight.

I'm just wondering how people can fight him with a slow weapon since the guy barely stands still in the final phase of the fight.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TQ7_k1vTOI

Just kill it fast! Lol this just amazes me

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Can't use traps, he's an Elder Dragon. As for his "ultimate attack" The problem is the larger that it appears hitbox, but also it shoots out spikes in all directions that hit you as well.

It's really not that bad though, just superman dive it. Definitely not the first attack in the series that requires a superman dive. I would agree that he is by far the hardest Elder Dragon in the game. Probably the hardest flagship the series has ever had.
    Man i forgot about the trap deal. But the mobility isn't that bad, i fought a diablos earlier that straight up didnt stop charging for the entire 7 minute fight. Most of it just bloody running after it to get a hit in.