Minor problem in leveling in every Expansion. "My opinion"

Hello, am I the only one who having a problem in the start of every expansion. Like losing all of your progression, that made me only follow the story of the game, instead of actually competing with others. Like start from the beginning at every expansion !

Well I got an idea when I played Skyrim.
    I asked my self why I need to enter this dungeon when I completed the story line and have a better or equal items and spells\skills. short answer for new shout, item or even a spell.
    Yes I already have stronger shouts, items etc. but I want to play as a new set of combat use new spells new items new gameplay, even when I have the same equality or even better equipment. And guys I'm not talking about a different class or a spec.

So how is that going to do anything with WOW you may ask.
    simply everything just imagine if the new expansion don't let you repeat from the beginning when you tried so hard to be the best. Instead it give you new option new gameplay cosmetic options of sets etc.

Then you may ask why I will quest why I will even go to dungeon and raids.
    There is a simple solution for this. Questing give you access to dungeons, and dungeons give you access to new item, cosmetics, set of minor spells and skills and open raids. Raids give you a chance for main spells better item than dungeons, but not better than pre expansion raids, but rather items that have the same equality, but with a twist on stats, and open last expansion raid for it expansion.

Ofcource the final raid has a very low chance of a legendary item spell or skill. Like vanilla atiesh for casters and healers, tbc = blades of Azzinoth for melee dueled dps like rogue warriors and dh, and wrath = frostmourne etc... many new or lore legendary for every expansion. important very important very hard nearly impossible to get. that very few players have them.

Then you may ask then why I want to final raids for other expansion if my rogue will not benefit from legendary frostmourne. there is still an option like if you do any last expansion raid you will get drop item rate increased for your class in other last raids.

that way you have reason to play the new expansion, other than story and without losing a lot or nothing of your previous progression.
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2018-02-04 at 03:12 AM.

sounds dumb
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    The levelling/gearing/raiding treadmill is now so ingrained, that any change to the basic formula would be far too risky.
    very true, but they can try it in legacy servers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    sounds dumb like my post
    You always shit on Peoples' opinions?
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Nah, your player skill doesn't reset and you should always be building that up so it has continuous progression in that sense and that is really the only thing that matters.
    This ruins the new player experience as once older players get their items why bother? If you joined now under that system how would you ever get a full group to even try to farm your warglaives, why would healers and tanks run black temple when it has nothing for them? How would you even get the now permanent gear required to do so when everyone else already has theirs? On top of that you now need a vanish skill book from lets say trial of the crusader, why would anyone ever want to run that again just for a small chance to get one new rogue their mandatory skill book? Especially when they could probably recruit one whos been playing since WotLK who already has it, except all the veterans probably quit because they completed the game. As a new player you would hit level 60, look at groups that don't exist or have too high requirements and just log off forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    You always shit on Peoples' opinions?
    just the dumb ones, usually
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    Vanilla was the start of the gear treadmill. They can’t try it there.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then they wouldn't be legacy. Legacy means it is the same as it was when it was new...minus obvious bugs and the such. This wasn't and isn't a bug so it doesn't need to be fixed.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Then they wouldn't be legacy. Legacy means it is the same as it was when it was new...minus obvious bugs and the such. This wasn't and isn't a bug so it doesn't need to be fixed.
    What I'm implying, is that in some time they may add wrath and tbc. like many private servers as realms.
    maybe they can make a realm with my idea if its even possible to do.
    Because some people liked those expansions specially wrath. That's why I think they can implement my idea so even with more expansion of story dungeon etc.. Its level 60 but you get skills, transmog, new powers and what is written in the topic.
    Its only an idea I like it but wow is a big mmo game if many people are against its better to not be implemented.
    Because many of the classic players have love for Warcraft 3 and the characters in it.
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2018-02-06 at 06:19 AM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm implying, is that in some time they may add wrath and tbc. like many private servers as realms.
    maybe they can make a realm with my idea if its even possible to do.
    Because some people liked those expansions specially wrath. That's why I think they can implement my idea so even with more expansion of story dungeon etc.. Its level 60 but you get skills, transmog, new powers and what is written in the topic.
    Its only an idea I like it but wow is a big mmo game if many people are against its better to not be implemented.
    Because many of the classic players have love for Warcraft 3 and the characters in it.
    They are not going to make a realm where they have to program the game to your specs only. They will have one type of vanilla on any and all realms they put it on so that everyone playing it has the exact same software for it.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

They are not going to make a realm where they have to program the game to your specs only. They will have one type of vanilla on any and all realms they put it on so that everyone playing it has the exact same software for it.
    No one know what the future will hold. They are updating their engine and their system after every year.
    Even right now, they can add a vanilla server on the bfa client same for tbc or even wrath. They only need to seprate the databases.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    The levelling/gearing/raiding treadmill is now so ingrained, that any change to the basic formula would be far too risky.
    Only for those addicted to skinner's box dopamine dispensers. Everyone else will learn to adapt.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is you're trusting modern Blizzard with the handling on what was a bug and what will be a feature.

Good luck with that.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2018-02-07 at 05:30 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    After playing through FF 14 and several F2P MMOs I say with complete seriousness NEVER LOCK PROGRESSION BEHIND DUNGEONS OR RAIDS. It places a massive burden on new players, how do you get past content people are not doing?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    After playing through FF 14 and several F2P MMOs I say with complete seriousness NEVER LOCK PROGRESSION BEHIND DUNGEONS OR RAIDS. It places a massive burden on new players, how do you get past content people are not doing?
    Which content do people not do in FFXIV that's integral to new player progression exactly?

As far as I can tell, the only problem is the laughably handled main scenario trials at the end of ARR. Everything else has a constant flow of returning players looking to plow newer players through via the roullette system.

Of course unless you mean Alliance Raids, but that roullette was added in 4.1 and none of the Alliance Raid quest chains were required to progress the mainstory of the game.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2018-02-07 at 05:37 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only seen this in old guild wars where gear didn't matter you got maxed out in like the first 10 hours of gameplay then you collect new abilities from elite mobs and cosmetics from the hardcore dungeons. It just doesn't work in a game with infinite gear treadmill. If you wanna try the secret world I think they do it the same and it's f2p but I know there are some type of gear upgrade.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Which content do people not do in FFXIV that's integral to new player progression exactly?

As far as I can tell, the only problem is the laughably handled main scenario trials at the end of ARR. Everything else has a constant flow of returning players looking to plow newer players through via the roullette system.

Of course unless you mean Alliance Raids, but that roullette was added in 4.1 and none of the Alliance Raid quest chains were required to progress the mainstory of the game.
    There are several points in the ARR storyline to require dungeon or raids to progress, I don't remember which parts of the story since it was a year or ago that I played.

Looking at the questlist on console game wiki the number of times you are required to do group content is 14 times at level 50 in pre-Heavensward content. Perhaps they added a way to bypass them, I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Only for those addicted to skinner's box dopamine dispensers. Everyone else will learn to adapt.
    I think you misunderstood the quoted sentence.