Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who is Katie Price and why do I care what she thinks?

Nevermind, read down until I hit "reality TV star". Jesus fuck.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.itv.com/news/2018-02-04/k...to-parliament/

Obviously it's unlikely to happen but can't exactly say I would be upset if it did
    If I wanted to see this shit, I'd go onto the mail online.

Stop spamming to increase your post count.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Typing shit online is nothing compared to real life harassment, you trivialise people who receive actual abuse by saying it's comparable to words online. And exactly, the internet is a place you can say what you like, it might not always produce nice things, but if you don't like it - you don't have to be on it.
    And you ignore the real life consequences of online harassment which is increasingly more difficult to avoid as time goes on

7+ Year Old Account
    Why should we care about cunts? Oh no words have consequences THE HORROR
    Words can have consequences, but it shouldn't be government doling them out.

Harassment isn't protected by Freedom of Speech
    There are already laws against harassment. Keep in mind that harassment is a very specific thing. Using slurs is not harassment. Only when it's repetitive does it become harassment. She wants specific language to have consequences, which is, well, retarded. /bad-dum-tiss

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Who is Katie Price and why do I care what she thinks?
    I came mostly to post this. Not really sure why people care about what some random skank thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yeah, if you find it so amusing to squeak that black people are monkeys and put it on ''GET A THICKER SKIN'', surely you (you : troll, not poster DARKEON) then surely you can get a thicker skin and survive that an ability trigger the GCD now ?

Ah, no, you can't, because you care about this issue. Gotcha.

- - - Updated - - -

Few people handle worse being told they are wrong than MAGAboys. And their ''mocking'' is usually ''UR UR UR, I WILL TAKE MY GUN AND SHOOT YOU'' or ''UR UR UR, YOUR ETHNIC GROUP IS GOING TO BE EXTERMINATED''. All this while crying WHITE GENOCIDE because they think Poe Dameron is not white enough.
    I'd just like to say to the person running the sarahtasher bot: I like this latest patch you've installed. They've got just the right amount of coherent sentences with the perfect touch of "ur ur ur", "muh gun shoot shoot", gassing Jews, etc. It almost passes the Turing test.

Also I find it weird that this bot keeps mentioning trump supporters talking about gassing Jews, yet the only person I see saying that phrase is the Sarah bot.

OT: how can this be anything other than a draconian measure that will get abused as the definition of harassment and trolling gets ever more vague?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    There are already laws against harassment. Keep in mind that harassment is a very specific thing. Using slurs is not harassment. Only when it's repetitive does it become harassment. She wants specific language to have consequences, which is, well, retarded. /bad-dum-tiss
    I agree slurs shouldn't but when it becomes harrassment definitely

It's tough.

On one hand I totally sympathize with the people facing online harassment and it seems that under anonymity, and not face-to-face, humans are even more vicious to others.

On the other hand I want the internet to stay free and mostly unregulated because it allows unpopular, yet important, views to see the light of day.

I guess I just like it as is, but have to take the bad with the good.

I mean, it's not really hard to figure out, isn'it ?

People who say ''GET A THICKER SKIN'' are the ones who are dealing hilarious jokes about genocide, murder or sexual assault (while being persuaded in their tiny heads that the entire world need to hear some vermin squeaking terribly elaborate opinions such as the girl they wanted to screw is an ugly lesbian)

Those people are the same who get in fits of rage and have convulsions when Star Wars movies have different plot points that the ones they thought it would be, who send death threats to developpers over patches notes. Their skin seems extremely thin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all against harassment online. My solution is called ignore, block or just flat out don't pay attention to it. We don't need laws for this sort of thing. If you know reading a hurtful comment will make you sad and even possibly suicidal, THEN DON'T READ IT!. //////////////
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You can avoid it. Look away from the screen, put your phone down - or here's a wild idea, take away the power from words perhaps?

- - - Updated - - -

There's a great deal of generalisation going on and a great lack of thought here
    I'm going to repeat it, people who shrug ''hey, get a thicker skin'' are the same that cry like little girls when their boobies games are censored, when they put a black or asian actor in the 456th reboot this year, when anything does not go exactly as they want. People that send death threats to Nintendo interns over the localization of Fire Emblem (the good old 4-chaner who considers that oinking rape threats to female gamers is ''UH GUD JUKE'') are quite ill placed to comment on people ''overeacting''.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2018-02-05 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    They relentlessly abused her disabled son, any parent that isn't "triggered" by that probably has something wrong with them.

I agree, but if I had kids- I wouldn't put them on the internet. Besides the obvious pitfalls like trolls and the like, there are pedifiles and other online criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    If I wanted to see this shit, I'd go onto the mail online.

Stop spamming to increase your post count.
    Thank you, Tennis is fucking guilty of this shit as well. I did this shit with a 30k post count 15 years ago on another site doing the same stupid shit.

Also, fuck Katie Price, parents like her should learn to know proper boundaries for their kids and control them better.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.itv.com/news/2018-02-04/k...to-parliament/

Obviously it's unlikely to happen but can't exactly say I would be upset if it did
    This will not end well, for anyone. You simply cannot police the internet.

Deleted
    Perhaps if she hadn't used him a million and one photo shoots to boost her own fame the lad might have had a better chance at living a comparably normal life.

She put him in the spotlight, no one else.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Government overreach. I am sure they have far more important issues to solve.

Katie Price has milked her sons disability for the past 10 years. Its honestly a disgusting site to see. Shes paraded him around on reality TV when he probably doesn't know what the fuck is going on, which DEFINITELY will fuck with him at school. Shes paraded him onto live TV where hes made stupid comments and even featured memes made about him for people to laugh at which DEFINITELY will fuck with him emotionally.

Shes shared every detail of his life and all of the weird shit he does in her shite books and interviews and after all this she wants people to stop memeing about her son?

Fuck off Katie. Just fuck off and die. If I had a son with a disability, the last fucking thing i would be doing is parading him around like a show dog, sharing memes about him on live TV and letting people into my fucking home to watch him struggle in real time.

You're an animal, Katie. No one is convinced that you actually care because your actions are of someone seeking attention, not of someone wanting privacy for their child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Perhaps if she hadn't used him a million and one photo shoots to boost her own fame the lad might have had a better chance at living a comparably normal life.

She put him in the spotlight, no one else.
    Its worse than putting him in a spotlight. She marched him onto live TV on multiple occasions and had them broadcast demeaning memes directed at him to the FUCKING WORLD.

19 seconds in.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This.... but to add to it, I feel like there should be "classes" or something for young kids about internet etiquette, sort of part of the "home ec" class that was a requirement in my school.

Maybe teach kids how to not be disrespectful to others, while at the same time, how to handle a situation when someone is bullying/trolling you online. Getting upset, and engaging them, unless you actually find that fun, is only going to make them target you more.
    Parents should be doing that from the beginning. Respect for others is something parents have to instill within their children. I think if America as we know it should ever collapse , it will be the failure of the family unit which caused it. Strong families make strong nations.

That said. I think the school classes would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    She has a severely disabled child who is consistently the target of online abuse. She might be a waste of time and space but that doesn't mean her kids deserve this shit.
    Why is he consistently targeted?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Why is he consistently targeted?
    Easy way to get to the dumb mother, I presume.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You can't police the internet. And how are you going to arrest someone who is doing it outside of your jurisdiction? What about people who use VPN's? You can't track them either.
    You just told us how little you know about the interwebz.

Also Tor Client. Pretty much bypass everything.