Allied Races, Heritage Armour & Race Changing

I noticed a huge grey area over the past couple of days and have made a ticket with respect to it. I figured some people on here might already know the answer however:

When I select Race Change on the WoW shop and select a realm/character (in this case my Mage), hovering over it reveals the following message:

"Race changing to an Allied Race makes the character ineligible for their heritage armour set."

This looks like a huge grey area to me. Does it mean:

1) The race changed character simply can't use the Heritage armour, even if you unlock it legitimately by levelling an allied race from 20 - 110?
    2) The race changed character is ineligible to unlock their heritage armour set?
    3) Only allied race characters that have been levelled from 20 - 110 can use heritage armour?

If it means either of the former two then I would probably stop levelling my Nightborne Monk immediately as I am wanting to have the heritage armour on a Nightborne Mage (which I will change my Blood Elf Mage into).

Deleted
    Basically means you don't unlock it, however, if you unlock it with one character 20-110, it unlocks account wide for all ur chars that are whatever Allied Race you are playing.

edit: You can't use Allied Race Heritage sets on races other than the allied race. Like ur belf mage can't have nightborne heritage.

Heritage armour is added to your transmog wardrobe, but is locked to that race.

If you race change, you can use the heritage gear if you unlocked it.

Pretty sure this is just bad wording. I don't think it's not that they can't use it once it's unlocked but that you don't get heritage armor from race changing a max level character. If you level a new allied race character all the way up and unlock the armor set I'm pretty sure you can xmog it one a race changed character.
    I'll follow up when I finish leveling my VE if you don't find anything out before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Heritage armour is added to your transmog wardrobe, but is locked to that race.

If you race change, you can use the heritage gear if you unlocked it.
    Thanks. Seems like they should make that much clearer however, especially here.

The alternative is for people to plausibly think that, for example, only allied race characters which have been levelled can use the heritage armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Thanks. Seems like they should make that much clearer however, especially here.

The alternative is for people to plausibly think that, for example, only allied race characters which have been levelled can use the heritage armour.
    Yeah I agree.

Good luck with earning heritage sets and have a nice day :]

means heritage armor is a joke. GL with your leveling lol.

Better that misunderstanding then having people pay for a race change and then complain they didn’t get the armor (even tho they knew they were being sneaky and looking for a loophole).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda having fun leveling a Warrior up for my hunter's Velf Tmog set. I'll admit the GM armor looks... silly... to say the least on a Velf (Purple Skin with BRIGHT GOLD ARMOR) but i've gotten a few "ooh cool" in LFD. Kinda makes me wanna dust off my 110 warrior and start her up again. Maybe.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    means heritage armor is a joke. GL with your leveling lol.
    That’s one of the things I don’t like about it. I like the void elf armor, but I’m unlikely to keep playing my void elf as I don’t much care for playing on the alliance. It would look awesome on a blood elf who basically share the same damn model. What about the high mountain heritage armor, my Tauren Druid would abosoluty love it, don’t really wanna switch to a new Druid as I would lose all my reps, classic recipes and everything else I’ve done on the toon since vanilla “was an elven Druid back then before I turned my back on the alliance.”
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    That’s one of the things I don’t like about it. I like the void elf armor, but I’m unlikely to keep playing my void elf as I don’t much care for playing on the alliance. It would look awesome on a blood elf who basically share the same damn model. What about the high mountain heritage armor, my Tauren Druid would abosoluty love it, don’t really wanna switch to a new Druid as I would lose all my reps, classic recipes and everything else I’ve done on the toon since vanilla “was an elven Druid back then before I turned my back on the alliance.”
    do what I did. race change your main.

Highmountain can be Druids... right?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    do what I did. race change your main.

Highmountain can be Druids... right?
    Tauren in moose horns look awesome, cat and bear with moose horns look ridiculous.

wait so if i level a allied race character ill get the heritage armour but i wont be able to use that armour on say a human or a undead ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoz View Post
    wait so if i level a allied race character ill get the heritage armour but i wont be able to use that armour on say a human or a undead ?
    Correct. It is limited to the Allied Race.