Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Actually keep people out probably easier, and cheaper.
    And accomplishes nothing, bringing all of North America up to a reasonable stander is nothing but a benefit for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mitten View Post
    Canada could always set up an immigration office to receive these immigrants before they cross the borders and prevent all of this, that is if they care (at all) about the well being of immigrants.
    Candida isn’t in America so having an office a country away would do litteraly nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post

Candida isn’t in America so having an office a country away would do literally nothing.
    Yes, it would. For starters, Immigrants would not have to make the trip to the USA illegally through the desert and instead, they could just make a safe legal trip to Canada and be given refuge. Same with literally every other demographic they feel is being threatend by Trump. Oh wait, Canada doesn't care.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it would. For starters, Immigrants would not have to make the trip to the USA illegally through the desert and instead, they could just make a safe legal trip to Canada and be given refuge. Same with literally every other demographic they feel is being threatend by Trump. Oh wait, Canada doesn't care.
    Are you really not aware of the difference between trying to get out of Mexico into the us and trying to get from the us to Canada?

And people already can imagrate to Canada that isn’t gonna stop people from trying to get to America when America is right next to them and Canada is not.

Well ya but I don’t get why America can’t just “invade” Mexico if they get the Mexican government and people ok with it. Move in America’s huge army and deal with the drug cartels corrupt police ect then leave when the country is under control.
    Both of those would happen as soon as hell freezes over. No country on earth would be okay with essentially being taken over by another country, neither the government nor it's people. If by some miracle you can get them to accept it, you will have zero chance of defeating the cartels and removing corruption from the country. Even if it was possible, the moment you leave, new cartels will form.

Drug production/trafficking is simply too profitable. You will never stop it. You can certainly try by doing mandatory checks of every single person and every piece of cargo coming into the USA as well as maintaining a heavily manned/patrolled border wall. Logistics and costs would make that impossible to implement though. Traffickers would still end up finding a way to circumvent all of it.

Well ya but I don’t get why America can’t just “invade” Mexico if they get the Mexican government and people ok with it. Move in America’s huge army and deal with the drug cartels corrupt police ect then leave when the country is under control.
    Simpler solution, Mexico legalizes all drugs and taxes them heavily since most of the drugs aren't going to them anyways it would be best for them and a giant FU to the US.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn’t Obama deport like a whole bunch of people?
    Most of them came back shortly afterwards. Over and over.

I still don’t get why America/Canada don’t partner with Mexico to bring the stander of living up across the board if all of North America was better off surly it would be Easter to keep people out from South America.
    Because Mexico and South America are run by drug cartels?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Are you really not aware of the difference between trying to get out of Mexico into the us and trying to get from the us to Canada?

And people already can immigrate to Canada that isn’t gonna stop people from trying to get to America when America is right next to them and Canada is not.
    Provided with a legal, safe and easier pathway to Canada I would take the guess and say that the numbers would of immigrants from Mexico to the USA would decrease.

- - - Updated - - -

That was the point of NAFTA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Simpler solution, Mexico legalizes all drugs and taxes them heavily since most of the drugs aren't going to them anyways it would be best for them and a giant FU to the US.
    Even simpler solution, Mexico can stop being a shithole and electing such useless and corrupt officials.

Even simpler solution, Mexico can stop being a shithole and electing such useless and corrupt officials.
    Oh yea why didn't they think of that /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don’t get why America/Canada don’t partner with Mexico to bring the stander of living up across the board if all of North America was better off surly it would be Easter to keep people out from South America.
    And accomplishes nothing, bringing all of North America up to a reasonable stander is nothing but a benefit for everyone.
    And how would you do that?

The only way to uplift a country is for the people there to uplift it themselves. And in most developing countries, that isn't the case. They don't want to uplift their own country, they want to flee their country for a better life elsewhere.

Its one of the reasons China is so successful. They recognize their shortcomings and copy what works in the west instead of trying to reinvent the wheel... Millions of their students travel abroad and study at western universities and then they bring that knowledge back to China. The Chinese people genuinely want to improve their country.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Most of them came back shortly afterwards. Over and over.
    Do you have any proof to back that up? unless you think Trump's deportations are super special compared to Obama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it have to "accomplish something"?

Doing something that will save yourself money IS an accomplishment, why would I want to do something that is more expensive just because it benefit everyone? When I do something, the person need to benefit the most from is myself.

And they are not even part of your society if you shut them out (in case the argument is better for society).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Both of those would happen as soon as hell freezes over. No country on earth would be okay with essentially being taken over by another country, neither the government nor it's people. If by some miracle you can get them to accept it, you will have zero chance of defeating the cartels and removing corruption from the country. Even if it was possible, the moment you leave, new cartels will form.

Drug production/trafficking is simply too profitable. You will never stop it. You can certainly try by doing mandatory checks of every single person and every piece of cargo coming into the USA as well as maintaining a heavily manned/patrolled border wall. Logistics and costs would make that impossible to implement though. Traffickers would still end up finding a way to circumvent all of it.
    If drugs were made legal and taxable across North America there would proabbly be less of a cartel presence, the way I see it it would have to be partner ship with clear lines set America wouldn’t soly be in control of any of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I guess that would be a bit Fu but ultimately pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Because Mexico and South America are run by drug cartels?
    Get rid of them put that American military to use. I doudt the common man likes being in a cartel.

- - - Updated - - -

Provided with a legal, safe and easier pathway to Canada I would take the guess and say that the numbers would of immigrants from Mexico to the USA would decrease.

- - - Updated - - -

That was the point of NAFTA.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would the numbers decrease it’s easier to try and cross the border then it is to apply for immagration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    And how would you do that?

The only way to uplift a country is for the people there to uplift it themselves. And in most developing countries, that isn't the case. They don't want to uplift their own country, they want to flee their country for a better life elsewhere.

Its one of the reasons China is so successful. They recognize their shortcomings and copy what works in the west instead of trying to reinvent the wheel... Millions of their students travel abroad and study at western universities and then they bring that knowledge back to China. The Chinese people genuinely want to improve their country.
    Not sure all the details but I would start by legaling and taxing drugs across the three country’s and trying to remove the cartels and corruption:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Why does it have to "accomplish something"?

Doing something that will save yourself money IS an accomplishment, why would I want to do something that is more expensive just because it benefit everyone? When I do something, the person need to benefit the most from is myself.

And they are not even part of your society if you shut them out (in case the argument is better for society).
    Not every one is as selfish as you and I’d like to see the improvement for more people then just the greedy self interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um dude what? Canada? The U.S Mexico border isn't our business now is it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Um dude what? Canada? The U.S Mexico border isn't our business now is it?
    Then why did you make a thread about it? Seems like you think it's your business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Then why did you make a thread about it? Seems like you think it's your business.
    Did you see what I quoted? This chap is randomly bringing up Canada for some reason. This thread is about the U.S. Mexico border and the high rate of deaths.

I can't help but to think of southpark in every discussion like this.

Maybe mexico needs to take care of their people.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

For all that people are saying how "horrible" it is that the US wants to deport illegal foreigners, noone has ever asked the question why these people want to be here in the first place. Everyone criticizes the US government for enforcing its laws, but not Mexico for being a terrible place to live and not doing anything about it.